1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Sessegnon

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Danishfurniturelover, 14 Aug 2016.

1. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

Because you were talking about Sanchez. I wasnt. I was simply pointing out - as it came up - the idea that International football is somehow superior is a pet peev of mine. Its not.

2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

I’d say that there are levels in both. International football you get the hand your given which I agree, but you also get the best form a country. Championship has had some bang average sides pull together results to get promoted... and then get trounced in the premier league.

When comparing sanchez and sessegnon. One shined in his first season here as a foreigner, the other so far hasn’t and looks nothing special at this level as an 18 year old inexperienced kid.

3. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Justin Edinburgh

I think he will be a tremendous player once he gets stronger and more experienced, his decision making looks good to me. His confidence has taken a bit of a knock with his team struggling, but playing with better players and getting results will soon sort that out. He's far to expensive but that's the world we live in.

4. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

Of course there are better international teams than others, I just feel as a "level" of football it doesnt match top level domestic football.

Of which I would include the Championship.

Sanchez has been a revelation, IMO, and I dont argue - he has taken to the premiership with much greater ease than Sessegnon.

I think Sanchez, arguably, benefitted more from coming into a top level team than he did from having experience in the Europa league, but thats a "we'll never know" kind of thing.

But compare to Sessegnon who has played in a team that is desperately poor and constantly being swapped about, and I think its clearly a much greater task to actually do well (compared to coming into a settled and quality team).

Put it this way - had Sessegnon come up with Wolves I suspect he will have looked much better.

Regardless, total side track obviously (self inflicted, I know), silly money is the order of the day. So even if YOU dont think he is worth £40m or whatever - thats the ridiculous market we live with and therefore reality.

5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

Reminds me of when united bought shaw. They paid more than he was worth for hisnpitential and he has never got near to that. Shows the gamble you take in football sometimes

6. MKSpur

MKSpur Kasey Keller

I still wonder how that Sanchez fee is broken down. It still feels like a lot of money for us so I’d expect it to include a few add ins.

Whilst we continue our approach to signings we need to take more punts if we want to sign domestic talent as we will never compete when a player becomes flavour of the month given the premium on local players. We need to go in earlier to get them at the fee we would like to pay, offer a loan back and maybe a loan to sweeten the deal. A player with his head screwed on should see us as a great opportunity to develop and if not they are welcome to become the new Jack Rodwell.

Do we think Sessegnon will have increased or decreased in value since playing in the Prem? Obviously it’s a higher level and a tremendous achievement to play regularly at his age but there doesn’t seem to be the same fanfare as when he was in the Championship?

7. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Us trying to access these 'might be' players from the distance we are at has now become almost impossible.
    Unless you 'know the player' to speak to and can assess him mentally and physically, we are guessing.

Sissoko has proved how difficult it is when assessing any player.

Sessegnon £35m atm
    Sessegnon + Pochettino £??. But Poch might not like him, character wise or whatever, who knows.
    Taking a punt is all well and good but we are not in the "punt" market atm IMO.

8. braineclipse

braineclipse Andy Thompson

Depends how you define taking a punt...

We're in a situation where signing a player that immediately strengthens our starting eleven is very difficult. We have a strong squad, several of our squad players would be regulars or even among the best players at mid table clubs.

Someone with massive potential that's good enough for our squad right now is exactly the kind of player we should be after. I don't know if you think of that as a punt or not.

9. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

At the level, we are able to shop ATM there will always be an element of "taking a punt"?

Is Pulisic a punt?
    For Chelsea probably it doesn't matter.
    For us, it would

10. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

I think he is
    He hasn’t progressed as the hype suggested

nayenezgani likes this.
  11. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Les Ferdinand

I think tah and brandt are the sort of punts we should be taking. Both technical players, both played international football, still young and probably not be looked at by the very top teams but both have the potential to become top top players.

If alderweld is a 9 out of 10 tah would be an 8 with potential to get to a 9.

If Eriksen is a 9 and half out of 10 and he is in my opinion then brandt is an 8 and again has age on his side to improve.

Both would probably be in our price range fee and wages wise.

12. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

As he plays for Chelsea he’s now a massive massive c u n t

13. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

Brandt would be brilliant in this league

Has pace and skill and could have the impact of sane

Tah I haven’t seen enough to comment on

14. alekaras

alekaras Young-Pyo Lee

There's been talk about him for at least a couple of years, but he's still at Leverkusen. You'd have thought he'd have moved by now, no?

15. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Paul Robinson

Brandt's defensive work-rate is nonexistent, according to Leverkusen fans. Which means we probably won't be getting him, mate - not unless he drastically adapts his playing style.

afsoc4life likes this.
  16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

But maybe that’s his style out there

Sane never did any defensive work from what I saw of him in Germany

Son may not have

Different leagues, different teams

17. P.D.

P.D. Jonathan Woodgate

Maybe that's something Poch could change in him.

StephenH and Bedfordspurs like this.
  18. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

He has the look of an early Bale imo

19. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Eidur Gudjohnsen

Didn't watch today's game at Burnley. Anyone check in to see how he played? Subbed out early in the 2nd half.

They look nailed on to go down the way they're going now. Ranieri's magic touch has turned to lead.

20. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Neil Sullivan

Ranieri has always been an underachiever both in Italy and with Chelsea.

He just had a completely fluke season in which he stumbled across a group of eleven players who just clicked together in a way that will never happen in a hundred years, had an unbelievable amount of lucky breaks (see our two games against them which we should have won easily) and at the same time as the rest of the Premiership committed hara-kiri and our players were still too immature to cope with the pressure...

Fulham are doomed and Ranieri is incapable of doing anything about it.

thfcsteff and MKSpur like this.
  21. MKSpur

MKSpur Kasey Keller

So we just pin his ears back and he becomes world class?

Jon and StephenH like this.