• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

He's 18, stepping up a level, playing in a team that has collectively forgotten how to defend.

Im not sure his lack of impact reflects too badly upon him to be honest.

My thoughts as well, writing a kid off at such a early age is knee-jerk at best. However for the fee that was being put forward during the summer IF we were in for him now it would have to be a lot lower.

My thoughts as well, writing a kid off at such a early age is knee-jerk at best. However for the fee that was being put forward during the summer IF we were in for him now it would have to be a lot lower.
I'm not so sure. If Fulham were safely in mid-table I reckon they might sell for a decent amount -- and Sessegnon, having got to represent them in the PL might actually be ready to move. But now they need all hands on deck to avoid relegation so it would take a lot more to prise him away.

Signing him now but loaning him back until the end of the season could be a nice deal though. Wouldn't help us much this season, mind.

15-20 million? Are you guys living in 2009?

That just isn't going to happen, transfer fees are well beyond that kind of level now.

Doubt Sessegnon would move in January but this summer, especially if they're relegated, will get interesting.

I reckon if Fulham get relegated he’ll be somewhere between 25-35 Million. Although I have a feeling Fulham will stay up. Then we’re talking £40m plus.

I reckon if Fulham get relegated he’ll be somewhere between 25-35 Million. Although I have a feeling Fulham will stay up. Then we’re talking £40m plus.

He has just signed a new contract and he is a young English player with a lot of potential, even if they go down you can I would expect them to hold out for £40m minimum

I'm not so sure. If Fulham were safely in mid-table I reckon they might sell for a decent amount -- and Sessegnon, having got to represent them in the PL might actually be ready to move. But now they need all hands on deck to avoid relegation so it would take a lot more to prise him away.

Signing him now but loaning him back until the end of the season could be a nice deal though. Wouldn't help us much this season, mind.

Or they could sell him and buy a defence with the proceeds, and perhaps stand a chance of staying up.

He has just signed a new contract and he is a young English player with a lot of potential, even if they go down you can I would expect them to hold out for £40m minimum
And that’s crazy really
He has achieved one promotion
And in the elected level hasn’t achieved anything so far
The fee should be £15/£20m plus loads of realistic add ons and we know of course they wouldnt sell for that

"Should be" is one thing. "Todays market" is another thing entirely.

Im still trying to reconcile the idea in my head, because it makes literally no sense what players are going for these days.

"Should be" is one thing. "Todays market" is another thing entirely.

Im still trying to reconcile the idea in my head, because it makes literally no sense what players are going for these days.

But clubs have to be accountable for the fees
For Tottenham it has to be a case of we want him but we’re not idiots. For Fulham it’s a case of he is a star youngster so we can’t let him go for anything other than BIG money

It’s like the pulisic deal yesterday. Chelsea claim it’s £45m, Dortmund £58m. As one doesn’t include any add ons in their numbers as they don’t have to pay them (of course their all rumours)

And that’s crazy really
He has achieved one promotion
And in the elected level hasn’t achieved anything so far
The fee should be £15/£20m plus loads of realistic add ons and we know of course they wouldnt sell for that
Sanchez was £40m, somewhat comparable after only one year in the Eresdivisie. Sessegnon is younger, proven at Championship level and English/home grown. Plus (potentially) an attacking player, they tend to cost more.

Sanchez was £40m, somewhat comparable after only one year in the Eresdivisie. Sessegnon is younger, proven at Championship level and English/home grown. Plus (potentially) an attacking player, they tend to cost more.

Sanchez had played in 2 leagues in 2 countries and a European final. Full international too
Their leagues apart in achievement

But clubs have to be accountable for the fees
For Tottenham it has to be a case of we want him but we’re not idiots. For Fulham it’s a case of he is a star youngster so we can’t let him go for anything other than BIG money

It’s like the pulisic deal yesterday. Chelsea claim it’s £45m, Dortmund £58m. As one doesn’t include any add ons in their numbers as they don’t have to pay them (of course their all rumours)

I was speaking more generally than specific.

Specifically, to my mind, that £15-20m is probably fair for a relatively unproven talent.

However, in todays market, hes £45m+ all day long.

Thats the bit I struggle with. I think its at a point where, to me at least, its essentially meaningless. Whatever the club pay they pay, Ive no idea of worth any more.

It is
But it’s not international football or European competition which Sanchez has played in

Bit of a pet peev for me, but International football is sub standard. Its not the pinnacle people always speak of it as.

As an event? An occasion? Of course.

As top quality football? Of course not. A manager has only the players he is lumped with, and a few weeks in the season to build a team out of them - how could it possibly be the pinnacle of quality football?

The Championship offers a better standard, IMO.

Bit of a pet peev for me, but International football is sub standard. Its not the pinnacle people always speak of it as.

As an event? An occasion? Of course.

As top quality football? Of course not. A manager has only the players he is lumped with, and a few weeks in the season to build a team out of them - how could it possibly be the pinnacle of quality football?

The Championship offers a better standard, IMO.

Than international football?
Wow... their are some woeful teams at both levels I’d agree but playing at international level is way higher than playing vs the likes of Bolton of Millwall

And Sanchez played in the Europa final don’t forget

It is
But it’s not international football or European competition which Sanchez has played in
From what I can see when we signed Sanchez he had two appearances for Colombia.

Europa League is a mixed bag, but can certainly be a proving ground. Ajax played Manu in the final, Schalke twice, Lyon twice, Celta Vigo twice of bigger teams I can see. Otherwise not a lot of quality there.

I didn't watch any of those games, but probably he did better than Sessegnon has done this season in the PL. But Sessegnon now has over 1300 minutes of PL experience, and (again) is younger, home grown and a more attacking player.

Not saying it's a perfect comparison, but in terms of talking about the expected price for a young player with loads of potential with limited experience at the highest level I think it's a decent comparison.

From what I can see when we signed Sanchez he had two appearances for Colombia.

Europa League is a mixed bag, but can certainly be a proving ground. Ajax played Manu in the final, Schalke twice, Lyon twice, Celta Vigo twice of bigger teams I can see. Otherwise not a lot of quality there.

I didn't watch any of those games, but probably he did better than Sessegnon has done this season in the PL. But Sessegnon now has over 1300 minutes of PL experience, and (again) is younger, home grown and a more attacking player.

Not saying it's a perfect comparison, but in terms of talking about the expected price for a young player with loads of potential with limited experience at the highest level I think it's a decent comparison.

Ok then. I believe the championship is tough, mainly because of the volume of games, but not because of the quality - just oook at Cardiff

Playing in Europe is much much harder, just ask Burnley

Ok then. I believe the championship is tough, mainly because of the volume of games, but not because of the quality - just oook at Cardiff

Playing in Europe is much much harder, just ask Burnley
Some games in the EL, yes. But it's easier to play in the EL for Ajax than in the PL for Fulham.

Back