• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Yea I agree, his current form could be our window of opportunity for getting him. I wouldn’t write him off just yet, think he needs a defined position now though.

He's young, new to the division and in a team that is struggling. It is expecting a lot of a player to shine under those circumstances.

If we think that he still has promise, then window might be our best chance of getting him.

70 million is the supposed asking price for an area I wouldn’t say we are in as much of a need to improve in as CM.

Not writing him off, just expected a bit more for a supposed wonder kid

70 million is the supposed asking price for an area I wouldn’t say we are in as much of a need to improve in as CM.

Not writing him off, just expected a bit more for a supposed wonder kid

I agree at that price. If the valuation took into account the risk of the signing, then it may be worth considering.

Maybe buy with a loan back for the rest of the season, I don't see Fulham selling outright now. I think we could wait until the summer, he's not had a stormer really so his stock must be lower than last season.

Maybe buy with a loan back for the rest of the season, I don't see Fulham selling outright now. I think we could wait until the summer, he's not had a stormer really so his stock must be lower than last season.

With the supposed issue we have in the market I’m not sure why this is something we don’t do more often.

Thinking about this again, our best bet is that Fulham get relegated and we can maybe a) have Sessegon wanting to leave because he's had a taste of the PL, he may stay if they stay up to get more experience and b) get him a bit cheaper because of that.

He is currently a £15m player in this league
He has potential to be a mega player but really hasn’t shown any of the so far
Compare him to Win Bassaka who has played less than a third of the games in his careers so far that Sessegnon has and looks a much much better player (yes he is older but he has also been moved back from winger to full back so has gone through the same positional change)

Some people writing him off elsewhere, that's right, an 18 year old playing in his first Prem season.

Anyway, I'm not sure where this lad fits in with us right now. He's not good enough yet to command a spot amid the likes of Lamela, Dele, Son and Moura but he's also not looking like the LB we need. Now we are playing a back 4 his contribution as a wing back is not of primary concern.

He's so young, so I'm not gonna write him off. BUT...he's worth nowhere near the prices being talked about over the summer. The only thing he offers right now is potential because his performance level is currently quite average. As such, any more than 15m-20m for him is crazy imo.

He is currently nowhere near good enough to get infront of Davies/Rose at left-back, and he wouldn't get in an attacking midfield spot ahead of any of our attacking midfielders. He would, in my honest opinion, struggle to make our bench (given that one of Davies/Rose would be on the bench ahead of him, as would Son/Moura/Lamela).

He's so young, so I'm not gonna write him off. BUT...he's worth nowhere near the prices being talked about over the summer. The only thing he offers right now is potential because his performance level is currently quite average. As such, any more than 15m-20m for him is crazy imo.

He is currently nowhere near good enough to get infront of Davies/Rose at left-back, and he wouldn't get in an attacking midfield spot ahead of any of our attacking midfielders. He would, in my honest opinion, struggle to make our bench (given that one of Davies/Rose would be on the bench ahead of him, as would Son/Moura/Lamela).

That the knub of it

As good as he has the potential to be he isn’t good enough right now to get into our team to develop that potential and the fees they would want are completely disproportionate for what he has achieved

The raw materials are present needs a good coaching team to bring him on.
Type of risk Liverpool will look at and thus so should we.

Fulham are so bad, by the end of season no one significant will be interested ..

He's struggled to even show a spark, not all his fault, but he isn't making much of a claim (last season he seemed to be their best player often).

Fulham are so bad, by the end of season no one significant will be interested ..

He's struggled to even show a spark, not all his fault, but he isn't making much of a claim (last season he seemed to be their best player often).
He doesn't have that aura (Poch take note:D) of a special talent (especially if the price is 70m)

He's no different than watching someone like Schlupp.

Edit: all atm of course...I know he's still a kid.

Not happening IMO. He's stagnating there, but they aren't going to drop the fee to a level Levy would consider, at least not before they're relegated. After that, if Chelsea think we're still interested, they'll hoover him up and send him on loan somewhere.

Not happening IMO. He's stagnating there, but they aren't going to drop the fee to a level Levy would consider, at least not before they're relegated. After that, if Chelsea think we're still interested, they'll hoover him up and send him on loan somewhere.
Unfortunately I think you are right on both counts.

Back