• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Who is to say that he is not running fulham like a business
Who is to say Sessegnon has said he won't sign another contract with Fulham, so selling now and still getting a year out of him, is better than waiting until next season when he's got a year left on his contract and they risk selling for less (with the added risk he gets injured)?

I read it as Khan putting Sessegnon in the shop window and giving himself grounds to push the price further.

Has anyone actually heard Sessegnon talk? He LOVES Fulham, he has no interest in leaving with them in the PL, and this talk of signing him now and loan him back for a year is a pipe dream. He's just got them promoted and you think he's going to be in the frame of mind now to say Ill leave in a year? If they get relegated which I doubt then yes he will talk no doubt, but thinking he's going to agree to sign for Spurs now even if for next season is crazy....

Has anyone actually heard Sessegnon talk? He LOVES Fulham, he has no interest in leaving with them in the PL, and this talk of signing him now and loan him back for a year is a pipe dream. He's just got them promoted and you think he's going to be in the frame of mind now to say Ill leave in a year? If they get relegated which I doubt then yes he will talk no doubt, but thinking he's going to agree to sign for Spurs now even if for next season is crazy....
That post has the ring of good sense to it.

That's fine and even admirable .. but Fulham isn't even Saudi Sportswashing Machine/West Ham/Everton (i.e. clubs with some level of ambition, regardless of if it ever happens), the first England call up he feels he earns that he doesn't get because he's at a lower profile club, or the first time he's sitting on his ass midweek watching Spurs play CL on tv in front of 60K fans, it might change the narrative.

If Sessegnon becomes the best left sided player in the world, the best he can do at Fulham is help them stay in league (HK at Spurs could help us win the league as reference)

Don't mean to be a dingdong, but if Sessegnon wants to be at Fulham in 3-5 years, we shouldn't/don't want him.

That's fine and even admirable .. but Fulham isn't even Saudi Sportswashing Machine/West Ham/Everton (i.e. clubs with some level of ambition, regardless of if it ever happens), the first England call up he feels he earns that he doesn't get because he's at a lower profile club, or the first time he's sitting on his ass midweek watching Spurs play CL on tv in front of 60K fans, it might change the narrative.

If Sessegnon becomes the best left sided player in the world, the best he can do at Fulham is help them stay in league (HK at Spurs could help us win the league as reference)

Don't mean to be a dingdong, but if Sessegnon wants to be at Fulham in 3-5 years, we shouldn't/don't want him.
He's barely 18, man. Staying at Fulham to get regular playing time in the PL is a very smart decision, as it will help him evolve as a player. Any big club hee goes to will not offer him that. He'll be handsomely paid, but his development will stall. Now if he still wants to stay at Fulham beyond 2-3 years, that's a different story. But I think he wants to prove he can be quality in the PL too (and not just the Championship) so that any future move he makes will be as a starter and not a bench-warmer. That's a player who has his head screwed on straight and exactly the kind of maturity we would want.

I think you are being a dingdong;)

He is 18

For both @alekaras & @DeleHarry note my point ..

if Sessegnon wants to be at Fulham in 3-5 years (I get that he's 18 now, but at 21-23 it will be different)

Look, here's his dilemma

- The money Fulham is already asking for is limiting his options to a select few (clubs that it will be harder for him to get a starting spot to keep developing)
- If he has a good/great year in the PL, then it will be down to maybe 3 clubs (where he almost certainly will be on the bench)

If he's as much the real deal as people think, the obvious comparison for him would be Dele ...

if Sessegnon wants to be at Fulham in 3-5 years (I get that he's 18 now, but at 21-23 it will be different)

Look, here's his dilemma

- The money Fulham is already asking for is limiting his options to a select few (clubs that it will be harder for him to get a starting spot to keep developing)
- If he has a good/great year in the PL, then it will be down to maybe 3 clubs (where he almost certainly will be on the bench)

If he's as much the real deal as people think, the obvious comparison for him would be Dele ...
If he has a great year in the PL and he stays at Fulham and has another great year in the PL, then I think he will be a starter at any club he goes to, no matter how big. Sane and Jesus are starters for City and I can see him also being a starter in a post-Mourinho Yanited. But ideally he'd be a starter in the title winning Spurs side under Poch. :)

Look, here's his dilemma

Well yes in a few years I’m sure he will want to move on. But the fact is he is 18 and the club he loves have just been promoted to the PL and if you think he is currently considering a move away for this season or next you are going to be disappointed. The ship sailed as soon as Fulham got promoted. If he is as good as many make out he will be out of our price range once he’s proved himself in the PL for a season....

Pretty obvious we're not gonna get him this transfer window.

I can understand his show of loyalty to Fulham. He's been living quite an adventure with them and, in turn, their faith in him has let him develop into the player he is. End of season, let's see where Fulham end up and how his prospects have evolved. Until he actually joins Spurs, we'd be better off looking at - and posting about - other options.

Will that loyalty be there when they're fighting off relegation and possibly dropping back in to the Championship.

He has the problem of being their best player but also the easiest spacegoat if the team isn't playing well. If he has a fantastic season his price will go up and out of most club's reach, if he has a bad one he'll be that "did it in the Championship but not the Premier League" player.

However, if he moves to a "bigger" club he has a chance to progress within an atmosphere where some of the pressure to perform week in week out might not be there.

Will that loyalty be there when they're fighting off relegation and possibly dropping back in to the Championship.

He has the problem of being their best player but also the easiest spacegoat if the team isn't playing well. If he has a fantastic season his price will go up and out of most club's reach, if he has a bad one he'll be that "did it in the Championship but not the Premier League" player.

However, if he moves to a "bigger" club he has a chance to progress within an atmosphere where some of the pressure to perform week in week out might not be there.

Maybe due to the fact that he will not play week in and week out?

I think it a good choice of a 18 year old kid to choose a club where he can play week in and week out againt hard competition to build up his consistency. As for being the spacegoat, he need to learn how to deal with that if he want to reach the highest level and I´m not sure if he will get away from that even if he plays the second fiddle in a bigger big. Social media will find you anhyhow.

Maybe due to the fact that he will not play week in and week out?

I think it a good choice of a 18 year old kid to choose a club where he can play week in and week out againt hard competition to build up his consistency. As for being the spacegoat, he need to learn how to deal with that if he want to reach the highest level and I´m not sure if he will get away from that even if he plays the second fiddle in a bigger big. Social media will find you anhyhow.

Playing second fiddle allows the first violin to take the stick.

A good player playing badly in a great team doesn't show as bad as a good player playing badly in a poor team. As soon as Sessignon goes through a bad patch at Fulham the press will crucify him, not playing week in week out at Spurs would help him mature as a player without that problem.

Playing second fiddle allows the first violin to take the stick.

A good player playing badly in a great team doesn't show as bad as a good player playing badly in a poor team. As soon as Sessignon goes through a bad patch at Fulham the press will crucify him, not playing week in week out at Spurs would help him mature as a player without that problem.

You mean the way social media have treated player like Rose and Sissoko? Nah, I don't think it will help of you play first, second or even 10th fiddle. If the social media or the press decide that you should have be the spacegoat, it will happen.

Rose is a poor example because he's been treated like that for comments made rather than playing performance.

Rose is a poor example because he's been treated like that for comments made rather than playing performance.

One of many reason for becoming a spacegoat of the social media.

My point is that playing the second fiddle dosen't protect you from the hatred, so young Ryan can never be protected, regardless if he stays at Fulham or move to a bigger club.

Back