• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

hi sorry away for work.

i think liverpool has progressed well because of transfers hitting the ground running. not so much their academy. salah, van djik, and keita.
say what you want but keita was attracting a lot of attention, but liverpool were decisive, they nailed it early, no fuss. and they were ahead of them as a club. before that suarez, coutinho, firminho... they scout and buy well.

hi sorry away for work.

i think liverpool has progressed well because of transfers hitting the ground running. not so much their academy. salah, van djik, and keita.
say what you want but keita was attracting a lot of attention, but liverpool were decisive, they nailed it early, no fuss. and they were ahead of them as a club. before that suarez, coutinho, firminho... they scout and buy well.

They failed to get both Keita and Van Dijk in the window they tried for them. Keita was announced 28 August, not exactly early, and they had to wait for the next window to get Van Dijk.

They failed to get both Keita and Van Dijk in the window they tried for them. Keita was announced 28 August, not exactly early, and they had to wait for the next window to get Van Dijk.
thats what i mean - they go they get.

if we'd done that we'd have zaha and sessegnon now. they just seem a bit more decisive than us. dithering... prices go up, no levy time this year, not looking positive for me. hopefully all will be better with the new revenues from the new stadium

thats what i mean - they go they get.

if we'd done that we'd have zaha and sessegnon now. they just seem a bit more decisive than us. dithering... prices go up, no levy time this year, not looking positive for me. hopefully all will be better with the new revenues from the new stadium

I think the incumbent club - and the player - have to be willing to play ball. That didn’t apply for either Zaha or Sessegnon. I don’t recall it being as simple as money or dithering, in either case.

Money talks. Levy will haggle over £5m to £10m and most fans think that is right... it is important to haggle, we don't have bottomless pockets and we should spend carefully etc.
Up until now I fully agree but the expansion in prize money and TV deals and sponsorship / commercial deals makes £5m almost inconsequential.

I understand balancing a business, I understand we can't pay wages above a certain % but it does frustrate me that we are not decisive, I do feel we could be more decisive sometimes and go 'all-in' for a player.

I hear players on podcasts saying "the manager clearly wanted me, he told me I would play a lot in my preferred position, I was keen so I didn't think twice"

And given our current status of finishing 3rd 2nd 3rd and moving into the best new stadium ever ever with the best training ground ever ever in the best league ever ever in the best city ever ever... we have a massive chance to go and get our man, IF we are decisive and if Poch gives out bear hugs whilst Levy tries not to haggle TOO hard. Haggle, but not to lose our man. If the alternative is clearly substandard (Nelsen Saha and allllll those buys where we just threw money into the fire)

hi sorry away for work.

Yeah those have been good signings. And it's natural to come to your conclusions when you focus on their successes. But in truth they hit and miss like everyone else. Some average signings that come to mind:

Ballotelli
Markovic
Origi
Benteke
Lambert
Carroll
Downing
Borini
Aspas

But tbf they have hit the jackpot several times as well. I think with us we simply can't afford too many flops, particularly big money ones

Yeah those have been good signings. And it's natural to come to your conclusions when you focus on their successes. But in truth they hit and miss like everyone else. Some average signings that come to mind:

Ballotelli
Markovic
Origi
Benteke
Lambert
Carroll
Downing
Borini
Aspas

But tbf they have hit the jackpot several times as well. I think with us we simply can't afford too many flops, particularly big money ones

Mignolet
Klaven
Lovren
Ings

Money talks. Levy will haggle over £5m to £10m and most fans think that is right... it is important to haggle, we don't have bottomless pockets and we should spend carefully etc.
Up until now I fully agree but the expansion in prize money and TV deals and sponsorship / commercial deals makes £5m almost inconsequential.

I understand balancing a business, I understand we can't pay wages above a certain % but it does frustrate me that we are not decisive, I do feel we could be more decisive sometimes and go 'all-in' for a player.

I hear players on podcasts saying "the manager clearly wanted me, he told me I would play a lot in my preferred position, I was keen so I didn't think twice"

And given our current status of finishing 3rd 2nd 3rd and moving into the best new stadium ever ever with the best training ground ever ever in the best league ever ever in the best city ever ever... we have a massive chance to go and get our man, IF we are decisive and if Poch gives out bear hugs whilst Levy tries not to haggle TOO hard. Haggle, but not to lose our man. If the alternative is clearly substandard (Nelsen Saha and allllll those buys where we just threw money into the fire)
You throw around those £5m figures as if they don't matter. 2-3 of those and you're looking at £10-15m, which is how much it would cost to put Kane, Eriksen, and Dele on new contracts.

We should keep fees and wages as low as possible for as long as possible, they only head in one direction. Luckily Lev is tighter than a duck's so that'll happen.

I wonder which podcast...

You throw around those £5m figures as if they don't matter. 2-3 of those and you're looking at £10-15m, which is how much it would cost to put Kane, Eriksen, and Dele on new contracts.
I know, I'm not articulating my argument very well. What I mean is, the market has gone up and up and up so we can feel positive about speculating and paying slightly over the odds for the RIGHT player, as values are trickling up all the time and especially when weighed against the alternative of wasting similar fees on 2 poor players instead.
If we see 2 fantastic players for £50m each, go and get them now. Don't fanny about and end up spending £60m on 4 players that contribute very very little, that is not better value than signing 2 fantastic players that slot straight into the team.

I know, I'm not articulating my argument very well. What I mean is, the market has gone up and up and up so we can feel positive about speculating and paying slightly over the odds for the RIGHT player, as values are trickling up all the time and especially when weighed against the alternative of wasting similar fees on 2 poor players instead.
If we see 2 fantastic players for £50m each, go and get them now. Don't fanny about and end up spending £60m on 4 players that contribute very very little, that is not better value than signing 2 fantastic players that slot straight into the team.
Good point.

hi sorry away for work.

They also fail miserably and lose money on players ... Carroll and Benteke are two classics

Then you have a players like Markovic and arguably Wilnaldum is a failure for the £26m they paid

But if your successes increase in value then you’re laughing as one will balance the other

Wijlnaldum, much like Sissoko, will be deemed a success (or at least not a failure, financially) thanks to the rising market.

It is no reflection of their talent or performance.

£26m for Wijnaldum/£30m for Sisssoko was relatively big money at the time, now it just buys you average players.

On that basis, both clubs are likely to get their money back (or near as) on their respective buys.

I think, and have thought for a while, he fits our MO perfectly.

He is a talented player, and clearly (to me) has plenty more to come.

I think he would fit our team and ethos pretty well, though I wouldnt be super confident in him as a strict LB right now, rather LWB/LWF.

However, the fly in the ointment is the price. All reports suggest Fulham are getting (frankly) silly about what they want for him.

To the degree I feel like we might cut our loses there and go for more immediate/assured talent for similar money.

Haven't watched ryan, will hope to see him in the play off tomorrow versus the has been, human embarrassment, ex from chavstown.

As a left back, I thought he was the perfect signing for us and I couldn't see him going anywhere else. Given that he's played an attacking role this season, it almost makes it harder for us to sign him in that if he sees himself further up, he'd get less game time. Maybe he'd be happy rotating with Davies while impressing in training and getting a look further up the pitch. I don't think money will be the problem in getting him, it would just be about giving him the right platform. We are still probably best placed to do that, but I do wonder if he might suit Emery for example or whoever Chelsea bring in - although as a Fulham lad he may not want to go to Chelsea anyway.

As a left back, I thought he was the perfect signing for us and I couldn't see him going anywhere else. Given that he's played an attacking role this season, it almost makes it harder for us to sign him in that if he sees himself further up, he'd get less game time. Maybe he'd be happy rotating with Davies while impressing in training and getting a look further up the pitch. I don't think money will be the problem in getting him, it would just be about giving him the right platform. We are still probably best placed to do that, but I do wonder if he might suit Emery for example or whoever Chelsea bring in - although as a Fulham lad he may not want to go to Chelsea anyway.
If Chelsea appoint Sarri, which is looking very likely, he stands a good chance of getting good playing time. Apparently Sarri likes to work with youngsters and whatever players he has at his disposal, rather than splashing for big name signings. This might bode well for a number of other Chelsea youngsters too.

If Chelsea appoint Sarri, which is looking very likely, he stands a good chance of getting good playing time. Apparently Sarri likes to work with youngsters and whatever players he has at his disposal, rather than splashing for big name signings. This might bode well for a number of other Chelsea youngsters too.

Yep, I agree. All things considered Chelsea would be a good move for him especially as they are shifting their model towards younger players with re-sale value. He may well get time in an attacking position more than he could with us. Only thing that may tip it back our way is the Fulham / Chelsea thing..and I'm not even sure how much that affects things.

Back