• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I’m convinced it’s a confidence thing with him, it looks like he feels he doesn’t belong at this level. Had a poor game today.
EVery time he got the ball he had 2 players on him
It’s their system to deal with ours
He was happy helped at all by midfield or son. Davies was his best outlet
He was miles better than royal who was. Weak link until we switched systems ( and then royal suited the back 4 well)

I thought he was very poor today. Huge fan of him but he's clearly not ready for these big-time matches yet. But who better to learn from than the bloke who got the assist for the equaliser?

I thought he was very poor today. Huge fan of him but he's clearly not ready for these big-time matches yet. But who better to learn from than the bloke who got the assist for the equaliser?

Son and kane were poor today, does that mean they're not ready for these big time matches?

What has Sessegnon ever done in a big match to warrant being compared to Son and Kane, who have done it all.

Are we going to go there? What has son or kane done in a big match for spurs?

And i think they are both class.

As a reminder they are 29, 30. Sess is 22.

Are we going to go there? What has son or kane done in a big match for spurs?

And i think they are both class.

As a reminder they are 29, 30. Sess is 22.

Kane literally scored a 96th minute equaliser today. I don't get it. Are you saying Sessegnon is as good/as important as Kane and Son?

Going forward, yes, sure. In difficult circumstances he didn't do much.

Defensively he was good, very good even. That's important and to me means that he wasn't "very poor" overall.

Needs to keep developing and do better on the ball in these circumstances. It takes time. It's fine.

He didn’t just play, he played well in those games. Salah got naff all change out of him. He’s 22 for fudges sake and has been making a comeback from constant injuries. Some are expecting prime Bale galloping down the wing….

In the same sentence I said I'm a huge fan of him. In an earlier post I tipped him to make the England squad. He's going to get better, but he didn't play well yesterday.

Did he not play away to City & Liverpool last season as well as the rest of the run in?

Yeah, and he did well. But we didn't have Ivan Perisic then. I would absolutely play Perisic ahead of Sessegnon in those games this season.

In the same sentence I said I'm a huge fan of him. In an earlier post I tipped him to make the England squad. He's going to get better, but he didn't play well yesterday.

Yeah, and he did well. But we didn't have Ivan Perisic then. I would absolutely play Perisic ahead of Sessegnon in those games this season.

Perisic hasn't fully recovered from his injury yet.

A bit like Davies last year, Sess needs steady regular football. Davies didn’t excel right away last season, it took a couple of months. There’s too much pressure/hype on Sess. He needs to focus on doing the simple things well.

Sess should have the legs and Perisic the experience. Between them I think we’ll be fine down the left.

Last edited:
22 years of age, had a few injury problems and is getting stick from some fans for not being the finished articule. Jesus. :rolleyes:

22 years of age, had a few injury problems and is getting stick from some fans for not being the finished articule. Jesus. :rolleyes:
Has Sessegnon achieved full-immunity from criticism like Son? Is there some other new vaccine floating around that people are getting to protect themselves from people's opinions on the internet?
IMO, posters here should be addressing the specific comments they don't agree with and having a discussion instead of virtue signaling with generalities.

Finally, I will say that I don't think Sess played well yesterday but I don't think anyone here is suggesting that we sell him and never play him again. He is young (as you said) so there isn't any damnation going on, just simple appraisals of how our players fared in a tough fixture.

Has Sessegnon achieved full-immunity from criticism like Son? Is there some other new vaccine floating around that people are getting to protect themselves from people's opinions on the internet?
IMO, posters here should be addressing the specific comments they don't agree with and having a discussion instead of virtue signaling with generalities.

Finally, I will say that I don't think Sess played well yesterday but I don't think anyone here is suggesting that we sell him and never play him again. He is young (as you said) so there isn't any damnation going on, just simple appraisals of how our players fared in a tough fixture.

Seeing as you asked no he has not achieved ( or been given ) full immunity by me or anyone else. But it does not take long for some to object to him being played as he learns the game. Overall he has played well so far and as i said he is 22 and i have not problem with him so far. ( ALL players have poor games)

He wasn't bad either. Had 2 players on him whenever he he tried to get forward, but he did well defensively.

Back