• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

One thing I was pondering during dark age without GG we've all somehow gotten through...

It's speculation big time and fair to say we haven't seen strong evidence to suggest it but I'm going to make a wild prediction that Ryan will have a breakthrough season in our next campaign. My guess is that Verts will leave, Davies will end up as the main left sided centre back and we'll end up going back three which will enable us to get the most out of Sessegnon and Aurier. Squad-wise given how prudent we're going to have to be, I'd be surprised if we looked to refresh RB / LB due to other areas that lack real cover/competition

Perhaps July will be a big indicator, there's a hell of a lot of games so hopefully Ryan is putting everything in to convincing Jose he's ready for it. Whether as a fullback wing back or winger he needs to get on the pitch and make the left side his own. I reckon he'd have seen more minutes if there hadn't been the unforeseen break in football what with Davies + Bergwijn being injured but given how imbalanced the team would have been it would've been a bit of a nightmare for everyone involved.

Without really being qualified to advise players on what they should be focusing on training / fitness wise, I would hope Ryan hit the weights during lockdown to get a bit more robust physically as he has looked a little lightweight at times. Think if he had a little bit more to his frame we'd see a more dominant and aggressive player that would be right up Mourinho's street..

One thing I was pondering during dark age without GG we've all somehow gotten through...

It's speculation big time and fair to say we haven't seen strong evidence to suggest it but I'm going to make a wild prediction that Ryan will have a breakthrough season in our next campaign. My guess is that Verts will leave, Davies will end up as the main left sided centre back and we'll end up going back three which will enable us to get the most out of Sessegnon and Aurier. Squad-wise given how prudent we're going to have to be, I'd be surprised if we looked to refresh RB / LB due to other areas that lack real cover/competition

Perhaps July will be a big indicator, there's a hell of a lot of games so hopefully Ryan is putting everything in to convincing Jose he's ready for it. Whether as a fullback wing back or winger he needs to get on the pitch and make the left side his own. I reckon he'd have seen more minutes if there hadn't been the unforeseen break in football what with Davies + Bergwijn being injured but given how imbalanced the team would have been it would've been a bit of a nightmare for everyone involved.

Without really being qualified to advise players on what they should be focusing on training / fitness wise, I would hope Ryan hit the weights during lockdown to get a bit more robust physically as he has looked a little lightweight at times. Think if he had a little bit more to his frame we'd see a more dominant and aggressive player that would be right up Mourinho's street..

Agree on the weights. No reason he can’t do that as it certainly helped Bale.

After 3 months off I had hoped Jose might come up with some alternative tactics but it seemed we were straight back to relying on Aurier for some forward bursts. Davies did get forward at the end of the first half and we looked really dangerous when he did but Jose won’t commit too much to that.

I really thought Sess could have come on forKane against Man U and Son push up one and Sess play left. Jose was bemoaning lack ofoptions but that was definitely one.

In the long run the problem with using Sess and Aurier with 3 CBs is you lose a midfielder, where as Liverpool have mastered using their wing backs as forwards and still only using 2 CBs. We’d need a hefty goal and assist contribution from those guys to make it justifiable.

I have a nagging feeling that he hadn’t recovered from the injury he had before he joined us, which had taken away that half a yard which could have helped him make a flying start. He seems to lack some confidence either because of this or he’s a little over awed by playing for us.

That said I don’t think he actually done a lot wrong when he had played, but he’s looked more like our own academy product rather than a 30m player who’s stood out at his previous club for a couple of seasons.

hoping this break will have helped him regain his pace and I’m also optimistic that next season he will start to show why he was such a big prospect. A genuine overlapping threat would make a big difference to teams that sit deep.

I watched him for Fulham and he was never particularly quick then.

He's attributes are mostly mental, he has really good instincts, knows when to pass, when to dribble, when to go into space. He's thinking is quicker which gets him in space. When people compare him to Bale it's way off, their nothing alike really.

I watched him for Fulham and he was never particularly quick then.

He's attributes are mostly mental, he has really good instincts, knows when to pass, when to dribble, when to go into space. He's thinking is quicker which gets him in space. When people compare him to Bale it's way off, their nothing alike really.
I wasn’t comparing him to Bale but he definitely had the pace to get past someone when he was at a Fulham, since he’s been with us he seems to be playing with the handbrake on.
Like I say it’s not like he’s done anything wrong, his technique and decision making look good for his age, he just hasn’t been particularly direct or aggressive in his attacking play.

I wasn’t comparing him to Bale but he definitely had the pace to get past someone when he was at a Fulham, since he’s been with us he seems to be playing with the handbrake on.
Like I say it’s not like he’s done anything wrong, his technique and decision making look good for his age, he just hasn’t been particularly direct or aggressive in his attacking play.
He currently is a half way house
He isn’t strong enough attack Wise for us and can’t defend well enough

He currently is a half way house
He isn’t strong enough attack Wise for us and can’t defend well enough

he had that long injury which was when we strangely bought him?
Get him out on loan and or build him up but hes just treading water atm!

he had that long injury which was when we strangely bought him?
Get him out on loan and or build him up but hes just treading water atm!
You can’t loan him out unless we get another player in...
People think we should loan out players like him and Foyth but IMO you do that and they won’t want to come back
Their not “junior” players anymore

You can’t loan him out unless we get another player in...
People think we should loan out players like him and Foyth but IMO you do that and they won’t want to come back
Their not “junior” players anymore

Jose will need to sort this type of historic muddled thinking regarding our squad, out.
Sessegnon was a trendy signing not a good one. Hey he might come good, fingers X

Jose will need to sort this type of historic muddled thinking regarding our squad, out.
Sessegnon was a trendy signing not a good one. Hey he might come good, fingers X
I think he was a good one IMO
He was exactly the right type but don’t forget he joined at a time when Poch didn’t sort out Danny Rose, he was injured himself so missed pre season and is already on his second manager
The lad will come good with some coaching

I think that is a bit harsh to say he was a trendy signing. Highly rated young player who will improve as he gets older. Not his fault he picked up a injury that has took longer then expected.

The fact is, Sessengnon was the archetypal Poch signing, young, hungry and raw talent but needed coaching, improvement. And Poch evidenced over his 5 years he had the ability to turn uncut gems into diamonds.

My worry is Jose's skillset is very different to Poch, and improving young raw players has never been his forte. The young players he did manage to get delivering were effectiely world class players for the entirey of their careers or already well established in both national and club teams (Robben, Hazard, Di Maria etc).

Ryan might fail on his own accord, but it can also be a far wider reaching issue.

The fact is, Sessengnon was the archetypal Poch signing, young, hungry and raw talent but needed coaching, improvement. And Poch evidenced over his 5 years he had the ability to turn uncut gems into diamonds.

My worry is Jose's skillset is very different to Poch, and improving young raw players has never been his forte. The young players he did manage to get delivering were effectiely world class players for the entirey of their careers or already well established in both national and club teams (Robben, Hazard, Di Maria etc).

Ryan might fail on his own accord, but it can also be a far wider reaching issue.
Joe Cole thinks Mou is the reason he stepped up
Even proven players say the same
It’s the ones with the weak mentality that struggle but then they would never achieve their potential otherwise

Back