• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Nelsen

good to have you Nelson.

I only see this as a positive signing. Seen it all, got plenty of experience, and surely cheap.

Free transfer, I believe. Many on the Blackburn forums are bemoaning releasing him and others on free transfers. Apparently the strategy of the club is to reduce the wage bill but I can't understand why the club has batted away the approaches which surely must have been made for Samba and Hoilett if the club is really so badly in debt; Hoilett will be able to leave on a free transfer whilst Samba may struggle to play to the levels he has previously been capable of if his heart is not in playing with the club in future.

What are you on

Look at our transfer dealings over the past few seasons; always trying to make a profit and hardly looking flush with cash. If we had pots of money then surely we would be throwing it at new players? Instead, this cautious approach might be indicative of the financial workings of the club not being as strong as people had thought.

My criticism isn't about Nelson himself, well in part I guess it is, but it is more to do with the lack of ambition and investment that has been shown at the club within the last couple of seasons. Yes, we have pushed to a higher level in terms of finishing higher in the league, looking well on course for another CL finish. Yes, we are playing some dazzling football that makes us one of the best footballing sides to watch in England... but, over the last few seasons the only player that really capatilises on our advances in the league is Van Der Vaart. We have signed players more because they fill a gap and they will do, than signing players because they are top notch and amongst the best in their position.

We need a top striker who can score regularly and yet we still don't have one. We need a top centre back who can play more often than King as it's unlikely that King will be able to keep going long term and yet we still don't have one. We need a reserve left back to provide cover for Assou-Ekotto and yet, we still don't have one. We don't seem to be answering the weaknesses in our squad and we don't actually look realistically that we are going to sign anyone who will actually lift the level of the club in terms of being a top talent.

I am pleased with how far we are coming but I can't help but think that we are failing to build on our progress. We are not showing ambition which will attract other players or keep Modric and Bale at the club transfer wise. I understand that transfers are only part of it but long term, if we want to keep being successful then surely success in the transfer market will play an important part of the success in competitions.

Feeling frustrated that we didn't get a marquee signing and that it looks like the club could be in trouble financially.

Who were some of the top notch players that we could realisticly signed during the window? We are settled in all of the positions except for maybe RW. Top notch players will want to play and who on the current team would you put on the bench? Or would the signing be willing to sit on the bench? If you look closely, all of our players are top notches and they have been performing exceptionally. I would not want to change that chemistry.

Look at our transfer dealings over the past few seasons; always trying to make a profit and hardly looking flush with cash. If we had pots of money then surely we would be throwing it at new players? Instead, this cautious approach might be indicative of the financial workings of the club not being as strong as people had thought.

Absolutely gonad*s, weve offered big fees for players, they havent come, we have money to spend but wont waste it anymore...

My criticism isn't about Nelson himself, well in part I guess it is, but it is more to do with the lack of ambition and investment that has been shown at the club within the last couple of seasons. Yes, we have pushed to a higher level in terms of finishing higher in the league, looking well on course for another CL finish. Yes, we are playing some dazzling football that makes us one of the best footballing sides to watch in England... but, over the last few seasons the only player that really capatilises on our advances in the league is Van Der Vaart. We have signed players more because they fill a gap and they will do, than signing players because they are top notch and amongst the best in their position.

We need a top striker who can score regularly and yet we still don't have one. We need a top centre back who can play more often than King as it's unlikely that King will be able to keep going long term and yet we still don't have one. We need a reserve left back to provide cover for Assou-Ekotto and yet, we still don't have one. We don't seem to be answering the weaknesses in our squad and we don't actually look realistically that we are going to sign anyone who will actually lift the level of the club in terms of being a top talent.

I am pleased with how far we are coming but I can't help but think that we are failing to build on our progress. We are not showing ambition which will attract other players or keep Modric and Bale at the club transfer wise. I understand that transfers are only part of it but long term, if we want to keep being successful then surely success in the transfer market will play an important part of the success in competitions.

Feeling frustrated that we didn't get a marquee signing and that it looks like the club could be in trouble financially.
I am too mate, thought that we should have signed another striker over the last two transfer windows, but perhaps those 'available' on the market were not on the manager's mind or that they were too expensive. We got Van der Vaart in the summer of 2010 which was a great signing, yet he sort of fell in our lap rather than us going out and pursuing him because he was 'our man'. As we know from this summer, we still seem to have a policy of 'sell before buying', which is great in such financially-tight times.

Anyway, I'd rather us look to shell out Pavlyuchenko and bringing in Louis Saha on a shirt-term deal than signing the likes of David Bentley for ?ú15 million. We've made some very good business over the past few transfer windows, and that could be well because of the potential new stadium. Had we not been concerned about that, then we would have almost certainly spent the money earned from the Champions League on new players. We have to look at the grand scheme of things IMO.

Perhaps it's not a case of the club not showing ambition, quite the opposite in fact. We could well be limiting our chances of succeeding in the current climate in order to be one of the most successful teams in 10+ years time when we build a new stadium, attract better players and raise the profile of the club.

To dare is to do.

for a start, Arsenal & Chelsea have signed Cahill & Henry

we have had a dissapointing window.

we have improved our striking options and added experience to our back up defenders - i don't see how that is a disappointing window. not a great one, but as good as i ever expected.

in fact i am delighted we have replaced Pav with Saha

There will come a time when there will be no way to keep the likes of Modric and Bale. When Nelson and Saha on loan is the best we can bring to the club we cannot be surprised when our top players decide they want to move on

we have improved our striking options and added experience to our back up defenders - i don't see how that is a disappointing window. not a great one, but as good as i ever expected.

I am concerned that Everton, a team we think we are better than, were happy to see the back of Saha for nothing

I rate Saha and I'm happy that we got rid of Pav; so I guess that's good news.

I think my posts are just born out of the frustration that we didn't meet our desire to have a magical signing, a Klinsmann esque arrival, who will really lift the place and push us on further still. I guess, being pragmatic, I can understand the reasons for our signings and that we are moving in the right direction but I do think we need to spend money on good players in the summer and if we don't then real questions will need to be asked.

We have experience in our defence, I am now more interested in ability

There will come a time when there will be no way to keep the likes of Modric and Bale. When Nelson and Saha on loan is the best we can bring to the club we cannot be surprised when our top players decide they want to move on
Exactly. Redknapp was talking about making special signings to prove to the players that we want to challenge. If adebayor doesn't sign we are left with Defoe and Saha as our top strikers. I remember when we had Berbs, Mido, Keane and defoe yet an average midfield. How I would kill to have those 4 players at there peak at spurs.

I rate Saha and I'm happy that we got rid of Pav; so I guess that's good news.

I think my posts are just born out of the frustration that we didn't meet our desire to have a magical signing, a Klinsmann esque arrival, who will really lift the place and push us on further still. I guess, being pragmatic, I can understand the reasons for our signings and that we are moving in the right direction but I do think we need to spend money on good players in the summer and if we don't then real questions will need to be asked.

His goal scoring league record at Everton was just under 1 goal in 4, not impressive at all

Saha is only on short-term deal until the end of the season. This is a good strategy. Who knows whether Adebayor will be willing to accept a pay cut. I would rather save the money for the summer where there will be more options.

I am concerned that Everton, a team we think we are better than, were happy to see the back of Saha for nothing

He's 33 and his contract was up in the summer. They have just signed a forward from g.rangers and needed to make space in their squad. He is here as a direct replacement for adebayor who will play any time he is fit as a lone forward - i dont get the negativity towards this deal. Sooooooooo much better as a back up than pav

Short term deal as a 4th choice. Everton are happy to see the back of him because he was a first team player on ?ú50k and they have no money. He is an upgrade on Pav for a ?ú7.5m gain.

Back