• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

He played Winks. Nuff said.
He played all the old boys that mourinho didn't in the final. Didn't look like the selection was on merit. But who knows what goes on during training? Agree though that the more people we get in front of Conte the better for us as a club.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

He played all the old boys that mourinho didn't in the final. Didn't look like the selection was on merit. But who knows what goes on during training? Agree though that the more people we get in front of Conte the better for us as a club.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

Like who? Was only Winks from memory and that was on the back of a disgraceful Ndombele performance against Southampton that fully merited a dropping.

Like who? Was only Winks from memory and that was on the back of a disgraceful Ndombele performance against Southampton that fully merited a dropping.
Winks has been worse for 2 years yet got picked. Where is the logic in that?

Winks has been worse for 2 years yet got picked. Where is the logic in that?

He’d been in the England squad regularly up to six months earlier. He isn’t a complete donkey.

Ndombele’s Southampton performance was dreadful. Not his influence on the game but his effort was non-existent. He deserved to be dropped.

I find the “Mason played his mates” thing laughable. As if he’d just play his mates in such a big game where he’s being judged in front of the world. He also played GLC over Dele and Lamela (who is a mate of Masons). And if he was determined to get Winks in, he’d have played him v Southampton rather than risk Ndombele and others having a great game and keeping Winks out.

It’s a lazy accusation that doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny.

He’d been in the England squad regularly up to six months earlier. He isn’t a complete donkey.

Ndombele’s Southampton performance was dreadful. Not his influence on the game but his effort was non-existent. He deserved to be dropped.

I find the “Mason played his mates” thing laughable. As if he’d just play his mates in such a big game where he’s being judged in front of the world. He also played GLC over Dele and Lamela (who is a mate of Masons). And if he was determined to get Winks in, he’d have played him v Southampton rather than risk Ndombele and others having a great game and keeping Winks out.

It’s a lazy accusation that doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny.
I'll keep repeating the same thing. Winks had performed worse so if one bad performance for Ndombele means he gets dropped why was Winks played? I'd understand if it were GLC or someone else but he picked Winks who had put in even worse performances.

I'll keep repeating the same thing. Winks had performed worse so if one bad performance for Ndombele means he gets dropped why was Winks played? I'd understand if it were GLC or someone else but he picked Winks who had put in even worse performances.

Do you seriously think he played Winks because he was his mate? And it’s mate singular because the “mates” thing gets thrown around quite a bit.

Do you seriously think he played Winks because he was his mate? And it’s mate singular because the “mates” thing gets thrown around quite a bit.
I think his judgement was clouded due his proximity. Ndombele can be crap and deserve to be dropped but the alternative option needs to better. There was nothing about Winks recent form that suggested he was the good alternative as the matches he was continually selected for showed.

I think his judgement was clouded due his proximity. Ndombele can be crap and deserve to be dropped but the alternative option needs to better. There was nothing about Winks recent form that suggested he was the good alternative as the matches he was continually selected for showed.

Ndombeles form started to flag a bit before Jose even left and that Southampton performance was abysmal. Winks had been in the England squad up to 6 months before and had been our best player in the last big game we played. We were also playing a side where we couldn’t afford any passengers.

I didn’t agree with the selection personally but I can understand why he made that choice. It’s an insult to Mason’s professionalism to put it down to being Winks’ mate.

I'm not sure they were even mates. Winks is about 5 years younger and was only starting to come through as Mason was leaving. If anything Winks' emergence caused us to let Mason go.

I'm not sure they were even mates. Winks is about 5 years younger and was only starting to come through as Mason was leaving. If anything Winks' emergence caused us to let Mason go.

A good point. As I said above, I heard Mason refer to Lamela as a mate before but never Winks. And yet Lamela didn’t start that final.

The "mates" part is a actually a joke and not serious but the meaning behind it is that Winks had come through the youth system and its afforded allowances that the incoming players haven't been.

Can't wait for Conte's autobiography. I am convinced that he is an honest, respectful, deep and principled person. I'm intrigued about his so called outbursts and disagreements in his past appointments and would like to hear his side of the story.

Can't wait for Conte's autobiography. I am convinced that he is an honest, respectful, deep and principled person. I'm intrigued about his so called outbursts and disagreements in his past appointments and would like to hear his side of the story.
It's weird, I don't think I've ever been so excited about a new manager, even Hoddle.
Whether we achieve what we as fans want or not it's going to be a lot of fun.
I think we can discount what happened at Chelsea, he was shafted, some of the things at Inter I feel were purely down to the fact that he puts every ounce of himself into the club and he feels very let down when he thnks others haven't met his exacting standards.
I really hope Levy's bad run of rooster ups over the last couple of years are behind us now and he realises what an oppotunity we now have with Conte.

Back