• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Let him win the remaining matches, lets not do the Ole thing and bring in a new manager.

Let him go out into the world and get a gig, if in a few years he's the real deal, he knows where home is.

My thoughts as well, i can only imagine the abuse Mason would get if it goes wrong. Some of the brick i have read from SO CALLED fans who slagged him off after the City game, a game which we really needed a miracle to win anyway.

I'm not adverse to Mason full time if he has a strong end to the campaign, clearly has our DNA - respect is earnt on performance not on age. Admittedly he got a few things wrong vs City (Sissoko!) but I would take a view at the end of the season with an open mind. Nagelsmann had to start out somewhere.

The question is, would Mason want the job? It could (as with anyone) go South quickly - he would then have to be removed from the club and potentially be typecast as a manager at 30...

Mentally he's strong, has a good philosophy on the game, feet on the ground is aware of PL player culture but maybe lacks the savvy 'Gaffer tricks' which is where I think Powell and Ledley help out - although top level management experience also evades these guys to a degree.

Let's be entirely honest, anyone is a punt - we need a rebuild, and frankly I would rather have the team built around the understanding of the club philosophy than a 'Manager-ini' name come in and try to build a team of 30yr+ journeymen with a reputation.

If you look glass half full - how good would it be to have Mason at the helm playing good football and steering us to top 4 and some (any!!) silverware? would it be extra special? Hell yeah!

We're hanging onto Kane by a thread, having his mate in charge isn't the worst idea - and anyway, the worst case is we're back here in 12 months time picking out the next 'Manager-ini' the biggest loser in this scenario would be Mason himself.

- a ramble by RXL :)

I'm not adverse to Mason full time if he has a strong end to the campaign, clearly has our DNA - respect is earnt on performance not on age. Admittedly he got a few things wrong vs City (Sissoko!) but I would take a view at the end of the season with an open mind. Nagelsmann had to start out somewhere.

The question is, would Mason want the job? It could (as with anyone) go South quickly - he would then have to be removed from the club and potentially be typecast as a manager at 30...

Mentally he's strong, has a good philosophy on the game, feet on the ground is aware of PL player culture but maybe lacks the savvy 'Gaffer tricks' which is where I think Powell and Ledley help out - although top level management experience also evades these guys to a degree.

Let's be entirely honest, anyone is a punt - we need a rebuild, and frankly I would rather have the team built around the understanding of the club philosophy than a 'Manager-ini' name come in and try to build a team of 30yr+ journeymen with a reputation.

If you look glass half full - how good would it be to have Mason at the helm playing good football and steering us to top 4 and some (any!!) silverware? would it be extra special? Hell yeah!

We're hanging onto Kane by a thread, having his mate in charge isn't the worst idea - and anyway, the worst case is we're back here in 12 months time picking out the next 'Manager-ini' the biggest loser in this scenario would be Mason himself.

- a ramble by RXL :)

We shouldn't do it to him

- Would he take it? = he would have to, just like Lampard, Arteta, Ole, list goes on. Sometimes opportunities come too early, you still have to take them
- However a good manager knows when he would just be putting his people in a place of failure (yes Mason could succeed but the odds are very much not for him)

What would be great for him is a good final push, get us back into Europe, thank you from the club and hopefully an offer at another club comes along, we look at him again in a few years.

We shouldn't do it to him

- Would he take it? = he would have to, just like Lampard, Arteta, Ole, list goes on. Sometimes opportunities come too early, you still have to take them
- However a good manager knows when he would just be putting his people in a place of failure (yes Mason could succeed but the odds are very much not for him)

What would be great for him is a good final push, get us back into Europe, thank you from the club and hopefully an offer at another club comes along, we look at him again in a few years.

You realise if the club took your (sensible) attitude, Tim Sherwood might still be here in charge of the kids or whatever? :)

I'm not adverse to Mason full time if he has a strong end to the campaign

Given when he took over, every game he is in charge for is the end of the campaign.

So far his record is:

Won with an injury time penalty against the team bottom of the PL form table
Team didn’t turn up in cup final and lost
Easy home win against the team which has experienced the joint-quickest confirmed relegation from the PL
Loss to team which started the day in 11th place. Players look to be lacking in motivation

He’s a nice bloke and Spurs through and through - but this job ain’t for him. Certainly not yet.

What did he say in post match interviews? If he said anything other than that we lacked energy, determination, fighting spirit and any form of quality, I'll be disappointed.

What did he say in post match interviews? If he said anything other than that we lacked energy, determination, fighting spirit and any form of quality, I'll be disappointed.

From what I heard he said:
- they started quicker
- got back to 1-1
- had a perfectly good goal disallowed
- missed some good chances in 2nd half - Son's chance, Lamela's - then the save from Aurier

I was fine with his selection, but felt he should have got Dele to play 10 yards deeper and pick up their no 5 whenever Leeds had the ball. Would have meant that it was 3 vs 3 in CM

From what I heard he said:
- they started quicker
- got back to 1-1
- had a perfectly good goal disallowed
- missed some good chances in 2nd half - Son's chance, Lamela's - then the save from Aurier

I was fine with his selection, but felt he should have got Dele to play 10 yards deeper and pick up their no 5 whenever Leeds had the ball. Would have meant that it was 3 vs 3 in CM
Dele did drop deep some times
Thought he had a good game
But they just went wide and got bodies in the box
The first goal they had 5 players up to 4 defenders

Far from convinced about Mason but at least he's got us attacking. And our passing seems to have improved noticeably. Way fewer going astray. Wonder why that is? Players suddenly feeling more relaxed, more confident?

JM has a lot to answer for.

Far from convinced about Mason but at least he's got us attacking. And our passing seems to have improved noticeably. Way fewer going astray. Wonder why that is? Players suddenly feeling more relaxed, more confident?

JM has a lot to answer for.
Come on, he's 29 and been in charge for a handful of games, of which we have won three (I think). He's just a place holder until next season.

So after 6 games Mason has a ppg of 2.0

Our season ppg up until his appointment was 1.5 (50 points from 32 games) and from 1st Jan to his appointment was 1.4 ppg (23 points from 16 games)

May have come too late in the day for us to achiece anything meaningful but hard to argue it hasn't seen a clear upturn in results - not bad for someone with absoloutely no experience in the dugout.

Thanks & good luck for the future Ryan...

:p

Back