• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

He's a tough cookie. Most accounts seem to say that he led the dressing room rebellion for Poch/against Kaboul and co., with Kane his second. And that was as a 22 or 23 year old who had only just come into the senior squad a few months before.

Leadership is a quality not an experience. Effective leadership is also never loud.

With posts like this it's definitely good to have you back!

Leadership is a quality not an experience. Effective leadership is also never loud.

No, but you need to be able to get your message across - its why I think Ledley has things stacked against him if he wants to be a manager...his communication skills aren't great.

All that said, for the next month its more about motivation, getting players to feel invicible etc as happy players are more likely to play to their potential. Small tweaks in tactics and system are possible in this time frame, but not dramatic ones so leadership and communication is less vital

I see it as Levy almost putting the players in charge of themselves, with the coaches in place to organise training etc.

It kind of makes sense as an experiment. A lot of our team seem to have high opinions of their own ability — so let’s see with you can do with a friend in charge.
That's perhaps stretching things a bit.

Perhaps there just weren't any attractive options available for a caretaker role?

I think it's partly about getting someone in that knows about the players and team. Getting someone in that's likeable and likely to give us a boost mentally.

Wouldn't expect Mason to try anything too out of the ordinary, but he should be in charge and the players should be told as much.

A great opportunity for Mason, I really hope it goes well for him.

What this appointment say's to me is that we have our target and we have an agreement in principle for them to join, but they want to finish the season in their current role. Levy has most likely been working on this appointment for weeks, he's a very calculated business man and risk-averse.

A great opportunity for Mason, I really hope it goes well for him.

What this appointment say's to me is that we have our target and we have an agreement in principle for them to join, but they want to finish the season in their current role. Levy has most likely been working on this appointment for weeks, he's a very calculated business man and risk-averse.
Could be, that would definitely make sense.

I also think there's a chance Levy just came to the conclusion that Mourinho was gone at the end of the season anyway and that our chances with Mason would be higher than with Mourinho.

If reports about a deep dissatisfaction amongst the players (apart from Kane) are right, it might just be that it wasn't possible to see any improvement happening with Mourinho for the rest of the season. With Mason at least there's a chance.

It's no different to what Chelsea did with Di Matteo, or United with Solskjaer.

There was a cancer in the club that had to be cut out. Never in a million years would we have competed against City with the status quo. We've rolled the dice and now have an (outside) fighting chance.

Look at what happened to Chelsea and United after Mourinho left. Freed from the oppression and negativity, they went on immediate assents.

We'd lost everything before. Now we have everything to gain.

Good point about Chelsea and United.

There was an interesting stat someone mentioned in the guys podcast that when Jose has left clubs before their points haul has always gone up (in one case tripled).

Good point about Chelsea and United.

There was an interesting stat someone mentioned in the guys podcast that when Jose has left clubs before their points haul has always gone up (in one case tripled).

hmm, not sure about that, he left Porto/Inter as league winners

It's no different to what Chelsea did with Di Matteo, or United with Solskjaer.

There was a cancer in the club that had to be cut out. Never in a million years would we have competed against City with the status quo. We've rolled the dice and now have an (outside) fighting chance.

Look at what happened to Chelsea and United after Mourinho left. Freed from the oppression and negativity, they went on immediate assents.

We'd lost everything before. Now we have everything to gain.

Has massively fcuked up my betting for the run in though. Was cleaning up on us each week.

He's a tough cookie. Most accounts seem to say that he led the dressing room rebellion for Poch/against Kaboul and co., with Kane his second. And that was as a 22 or 23 year old who had only just come into the senior squad a few months before.

He said it himself in an interview for the Spurs show
H8m and Kane stood up and manned up when needed for Poch

Brave of him to admit to the press that he contacted Poch and Perez right away. Tells me he is not afraid of being labelled inexperienced. That's a good start.

This guys career is a real rollercoaster ride, started with long list of injuries as a youth player, finally got in first team, got injured, got back then England call up followed by more injuries, struggled to recapture form, sold by boyhood club to Hell (I've been there). Life threatening injury then return home to Spurs as youth coach and now temporary manager. I wish him luck as he certainly deserves some.

Reports should really think on their feet. He batted back a few ESL questions but the questions still come.

His answers were understandable but not believable. Every fudger in football has an opinion on this.

Yeah he certainly doesn’t want to tinkle off the owners given he’s in a relatively weak position compared to someone like Klopp or Pep but his answers was basically him borderline trumping. I don’t blame him for that and I don’t blame the reporters for pushing him.

Back