• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

He was always getting forward with the counter attacks we made today, which I liked seeing. I know what you mean about curbing a players instinctive traits KD, but then Gerrard has somehow become a decent sitting midfielder after years of playing up behind a striker. IIRC Schneiderlin used to be an AM too before he dropped deep. I know Roy knows the lad's family and take his word that Mason wants to be a #10, it gives a player the freedom to express themself, he can likely still manage this from one of those deep positions, just not in games like today.

Still maybe if we go on to sign Schneiderlin, then he will be able to have a shot at one of those positions. I'd certainly prefer to see him up there than Lennon/Paulinho/Townsend.

[SUB][/SUB]
That's very evident from the way he plays. He looks like he can become a very good number 10.

He seemed, understandably, nervous and ran out of steam as a result but it was refreshing to watch someone look forward to move and pass.

I think he is a ten but he could play in front of Dembele as LDM and Capoue as RDM.
However, with Carroll and Bentaleb, I would use him as RDM ith Carroll as LDM and release the shackles off Bentaleb by playing him as AM. I think that is his, Bentaleb's, most useful position.

As homegrown how much worse would they be than 3 of Eriksen, Chadli, Dembele, Capoue or Paulinho?

Like the looks of mason. He is a natural footballer in many ways , movement , ball skill and best of all timing. Why didn't Sherwood feature him ahead of Bentaleb ?

Not the best first half an hour yesterday, but grew into the game I thought. Kept working and running.

Well done to the lad! Must have been some experience for him after all he's been through. Looking forward to seeing him more in games where we have more of the ball, but encouraging to see that he can do a job even when we play like we did yesterday.

Mason made the most forward passes (18) of all Spurs players against Arsenal. He also has second most touches.

--

Ryan Mason does not think he would still be at #THFC if it was not for Pochettino arriving. "The change in manager helped me," he said. I’ve had a few opportunities to leave but I wanted to play for Spurs so bad that I never really wanted to think about leaving. Obviously there have been times when I have questioned whether I would have to move away"

Mason made the most forward passes (18) of all Spurs players against Arsenal. He also has second most touches.

--

Ryan Mason does not think he would still be at #THFC if it was not for Pochettino arriving. "The change in manager helped me," he said. I’ve had a few opportunities to leave but I wanted to play for Spurs so bad that I never really wanted to think about leaving. Obviously there have been times when I have questioned whether I would have to move away"

I love reading that ****.

Hopefully we will see him again in the league next weekend, or worse case scenario we will see him start in the EUROPA Cup

I think he played 90 mins in a reserve game last Mon, then league cup Weds and obv Sunday. Prob a bit knackered..and / or still high ..

Based on that I'd rest him and see if his recent selection gives Dembele or Paulinho a kick up the **** on Thurs.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

And if not then pick Ryan again at the w/e

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I love reading that ****.

100% this.

That's exactly what I want to hear our players saying.

I know it isnt just our club, but there are still many players at Tottenham who are just here for the paycheque and have no affinity with the club or its fans

I just hope he can stay healthy that has been his main problem in his career. Every time he was poised to breakthrough or got on a good run of form on loan he picked up an injury hopefully that is behind him because clearly there is a good player in there!

Back