• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

His guy has outstanding technique. As someone above says, he always seems to go for the measured place, rather than the rushed thunderbolt. Even his shot, while spectacular was not a random "i'm just gonna leather this" shot, he looked up and placed it almost gracefully right into the top corner.

I totally agree with the thing about while everyone else was taking 3-4 touches, he takes 1-2. I don't want to go OTT, but considering how much better we looked in pre-season compared to the matches and how much better we looked last night when he came on, i want to go so far as to say he's a Carrick/Modric type player in that you stick him in the team and he makes the whole team look better as he gets the ball to the forwards quicker, giving them more space, making them look better, he takes the ball off defenders quicker and more confidently, allowing the defence to settle and not make panicked clearances, he gets the ball out wide quicker, making the full-backs look better.

He plays the game so simply, yet so accurately, he makes the whole game look better. Pleasure to watch both in pre-season and last night and I really hope he breaks into the team sooner rather than later and has a great career with us.

Congrats to young Ryan Mason! Very well done. And more than congrats, thanks! That was very much needed...

Looked a good player in pre-season as most have pointed out. Been said (by Roy?) that he was going to get time on the pitch this season and I'm glad he did.

Very good to have another passer as an option in central midfield, we need it!

Congrats to young Ryan Mason! Very well done. And more than congrats, thanks! That was very much needed...

Looked a good player in pre-season as most have pointed out. Been said (by Roy?) that he was going to get time on the pitch this season and I'm glad he did.

Very good to have another passer as an option in central midfield, we need it!

I was certainly banging on about it! After his excellent preseason, and given Poch's faith in young players at Southampton, it seemed perfectly obvious that Mason was going to figure in the first team this season - at the very least in cup games.

So pleased for him that he finally got this chance. Deserves it. Let's hope he can stay injury free and become the player that many predicted he would become when tearing it up for the youth team.

Him and Kane were both on loan together at Millwall a couple of years back i believe - i was working with a Millwall fan at the time who was also a manager of a local side and had his Uefa liscene (don't know which level) anway he was a big fan of Mason, even though he didn't have much of an impact, and said if he bulked up a bit he could end up a first team player for Us.

His guy has outstanding technique. As someone above says, he always seems to go for the measured place, rather than the rushed thunderbolt. Even his shot, while spectacular was not a random "i'm just gonna leather this" shot, he looked up and placed it almost gracefully right into the top corner.

I totally agree with the thing about while everyone else was taking 3-4 touches, he takes 1-2. I don't want to go OTT, but considering how much better we looked in pre-season compared to the matches and how much better we looked last night when he came on, i want to go so far as to say he's a Carrick/Modric type player in that you stick him in the team and he makes the whole team look better as he gets the ball to the forwards quicker, giving them more space, making them look better, he takes the ball off defenders quicker and more confidently, allowing the defence to settle and not make panicked clearances, he gets the ball out wide quicker, making the full-backs look better.

He plays the game so simply, yet so accurately, he makes the whole game look better. Pleasure to watch both in pre-season and last night and I really hope he breaks into the team sooner rather than later and has a great career with us.

Good post.

His cameo during the last half hour was the first time in years I've really seen us tick as a team, the first hour it was the usual pass, pass, pass, pass...oh look at that
, Townsend has knocked out a disabled kid in row Z, but once he came on it changed with the Tottenham remember falling in love with coming back, nice touch with good quick short and lange range passes, he really does remind me of Carrick. Lennon and Townsend had a new lease of life which could also be down to the change of formation.

Early days admittedly but he does seem to be what we've been looking for.

A great cameo from Mason last night to spare Spurs' blushes but I recall Tom Carroll being lauded as the new Modric after a couple of substitute appearances, is Ryan considered the superior prospect by those who've followed their careers then?

A great cameo from Mason last night to spare Spurs' blushes but I recall Tom Carroll being lauded as the new Modric after a couple of substitute appearances, is Ryan considered the superior prospect by those who've followed their careers then?

Mason is superior in every department other than fitness.

i meant injuries in regards to fitness. everytime he seems to be on a role, he picks up an injury

Yes one even went undetected by Swindon and our own medical staff last season - a small bone in his foot I think it was that wasn't picked up leading to him playing a few games that he shouldn't have making it worse. He deserves some good luck.

Carroll is apparently doing well at Swansea this season.

The problem with Carroll has always been his size. I know it didn't stop Modric, but Modric was sent to Bosnia to toughen up. We sort of tried that with Carroll and the championship, but it didn't seem to happen.

Mason definitely looks bigger and stronger.

I suppose it's got to do with strength or imposing presence or superior balance beyond size, but I get what you mean.

Was at the match and boy did the kid change it around, like the look of him playing forward passes. Hope he stays injury free and gets a run in the team.

Don't agree on Carroll. Have seen both up at close quarters. Carroll's lack of size is the reason he isn t first choice for us and if he wasn't a loan last year bentelab wouldn't have had a look in. Mason is fundamentally a more forward looking player and has serious end product... It's a close call between both, but I guess mason, given the fact he started out as a forward is the better prospect.

Back