• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rum Hangovers

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Are those the worst? I drank 3 beers & 6 rum based ****tails last night and been feeling like crap all day!!

The only time I've thrown up when hung over was after a pirate themed party with lots and lots of rum, feel for you fella

I only like rum when it's good rum. None of that Bacardi nonsense. I brought back a couple of bottle of Mount Gay Extra Old from holiday in Barbados a couple of years ago. Bloody lovely stuff. Can't stand muck like Bacardi now.

nothing wrong with Bacardi mate - the basic one is a bit naff but the aged ones are perfectly acceptable - the 8 years one is delicious

edit : fudging hell, Wray & Nephew :lol: it's about 70% - no wonder you have a hangover

My right eye was so dry it felt like my brain was stabbing at it from behind with a pair of scissors!! As for my head, I even drank three pints of water when I came home but still it hurt!!

I've only managed to eat Hot Cross buns and fruit juice today. Slept most of the rest of the day away, at least it was a Friday, so still have long weekend left!

nothing wrong with Bacardi mate - the basic one is a bit naff but the aged ones are perfectly acceptable - the 8 years one is delicious

edit : fudging hell, Wray & Nephew :lol: it's about 70% - no wonder you have a hangover
Blasphemy in rum circles!

I was already to jump all over you and give you the raised eyes saying that most people don't know the difference between degrees proof and percentage proof until I did a little research and saw Wray & Nephew (never heard of it myself tbh) 63% ABV, that's loopy juice-and I mean it in a good way. Apologies to Billy for doubting him.

it's toxic stuff, take the odd miniature W&N in to WHL sometimes when it's the only option in the offy and it's a struggle to finish over 90 minutes - im all to aware of that one :lol:

it's toxic stuff, take the odd miniature W&N in to WHL sometimes when it's the only option in the offy and it's a struggle to finish over 90 minutes - im all to aware of that one :lol:

A cousin of mine likes Captain Mortgan (didn't like the spiced one I bought him though) I'll get him to road test a bottle of W&N for me and report back.

Didn't realise, it was white rum, it'll be his Mum likes that with Coke then. :)

Last edited:
Rum and I are friends. Good rum, that is.

Bacardi less so. Wray and Nephew, not at all friendly and I don't even consider it a drink.

A cousin of mine likes Captain Mortgan (didn't like the spiced one I bought him though) I'll get him to road test a bottle of W&N for me and report back.

Didn't realise, it was white rum, it'll be his Mum likes that with Coke then. :)

Captain Morgan Spiced is a very dangerous drink.

So easy to drink neat, it's very easy to destroy a whole bottle in a very short space of time.

I suspect the "Kraken" dark spiced I have sitting starring at me now will be a lot less by this time tomorrow.

I find that the worst hangovers for me are usually associated with gin - gives you a massive hangover I find

Absolutely this! Worst headaches and just crippling hangovers.. But I love G&T and Gin and Dry too much to ever stop. Cider gives me ripping headaches too..

HAHAHA - I do that too. Not into WHL though. But get a bottle from the offy and just down it in one before a kebab. Amazing stuff.

Back