• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rule changes in football

Only the other evening I were having a discussion with mates about the injured player having to leave the field. We also arrived to Galeforce's conclusion that skillful players like Messi would be deviously sidelined if both players had to leave the field.
The new way is best and the change in the law is long overdue.

Another bugbear, were when a goalkeeper takes a short goal-kick or free-kick from within his area to a defender on the edge of his penalty box. The defender seeing he's closed down by the attacking opponent, steps into his penalty box and touches the ball forcing the match officials to halt play to allow a retake by the goalie. The attacking player is doing his best for his team within the rules of the game and is penalised for it! I feel this has to change either to a direct free-kick against the defender at the point he entered his penalty area, or an indirect free- kick given inside the penalty area at the point he touched the ball.

Only the other evening I were having a discussion with mates about the injured player having to leave the field. We also arrived to Galeforce's conclusion that skillful players like Messi would be deviously sidelined if both players had to leave the field.
The new way is best and the change in the law is long overdue.

Another bugbear, were when a goalkeeper takes a short goal-kick or free-kick from within his area to a defender on the edge of his penalty box. The defender seeing he's closed down by the attacking opponent, steps into his penalty box and touches the ball forcing the match officials to halt play to allow a retake by the goalie. The attacking player is doing his best for his team within the rules of the game and is penalised for it! I feel this has to change either to a direct free-kick against the defender at the point he entered his penalty area, or an indirect free- kick given inside the penalty area at the point he touched the ball.
Or why not just do as in any other start of play; when the gk (or any other player) takes the goal kick, the ball is in play when they touches the ball. Just get rid of the rule that it has to cross the 16 yard line.

Or why not just do as in any other start of play; when the gk (or any other player) takes the goal kick, the ball is in play when they touches the ball. Just get rid of the rule that it has to cross the 16 yard line.

Not sure. The ball boy rolls the off the pitch ball, back to the goalie, who then stops the roll with his foot within his six yard area, is the ball now in play?

Can the goalie dribble the ball out of his six yard box or, is the ball dead to him after his initial touch until another player touches it?

Not sure. The ball boy rolls the off the pitch ball, back to the goalie, who then stops the roll with his foot within his six yard area, is the ball now in play?

that's clearly not him taking it

ball isn't live until the keeper has stamped his heel on the post 3 times and raised his hand in the air :)

I prefer the rule as it is, that the goalkeeper's kick has to leave the penalty area. I want to see no retakes but free-kicks to the opponent if a defender touches the ball within the area.
Kandi's way means that the goalie can pass to a teamate within the18yard box so long as the ball is kicked out of the six yard box?

I prefer the rule as it is, that the goalkeeper's kick has to leave the penalty area. I want to see no retakes but free-kicks to the opponent if a defender touches the ball within the area.
Kandi's way means that the goalie can pass to a teamate within the18yard box so long as the ball is kicked out of the six yard box?
Yes. why not? An alternative is that the ball is in play when it has to crossed the 18 yard line OR been touched by another player on the team that has the goal kick, regardless whether it has crossed the line or not.
edit: There might be some odd situations here, if the kick is so weak that it does not cross the line, and no player wants to touch it. Maybe best to just leave it like it is :)

Interesting changes.

Wonder if the refs have the guts to carry it out in reality.

Diego Costa will spend half the season in the stands if so.

Premier League, EFL & FA introduce new player behaviour rules
Plans designed to reduce "intolerable behaviour" by players and managers in English football have been announced.

In a statement, the Premier League, English Football League and Football Association said poor conduct has reached "unacceptable levels".

Starting this season, red cards will be issued to players who confront match officials and use offensive language or make gestures towards them.

Behaviour within the technical areas will also be more rigorously enforced.

Not one player has been sent off in the Premier League for insulting or abusive language towards a match official in the last five seasons.

But Premier League chairman Richard Scudamore said there has been concern "for some time" that players have been "overstepping the mark".

"It is our collective position that these types of behaviour should no longer be tolerated," he added.

"Things happen in the heat of the moment during fast and highly competitive football. We still want to see the passion fans enjoy and demand, but players and managers have to be aware there are lines that should not be crossed."

Offences which could earn players a yellow card

• Visibly disrespectful behaviour to any match official;
  • An aggressive response to decisions;
  • Confronting an official face to face;
  • Running towards an official to contest a decision;
  • Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials;
  • Physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner;
  • A yellow card for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official.
New red card offences
  • If a player confronts match officials and uses offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them;
  • Physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36844570

Interesting changes.

Wonder if the refs have the guts to carry it out in reality.

Diego Costa will spend half the season in the stands if so.

Premier League, EFL & FA introduce new player behaviour rules
Plans designed to reduce "intolerable behaviour" by players and managers in English football have been announced.

In a statement, the Premier League, English Football League and Football Association said poor conduct has reached "unacceptable levels".

Starting this season, red cards will be issued to players who confront match officials and use offensive language or make gestures towards them.

Behaviour within the technical areas will also be more rigorously enforced.

Not one player has been sent off in the Premier League for insulting or abusive language towards a match official in the last five seasons.

But Premier League chairman Richard Scudamore said there has been concern "for some time" that players have been "overstepping the mark".

"It is our collective position that these types of behaviour should no longer be tolerated," he added.

"Things happen in the heat of the moment during fast and highly competitive football. We still want to see the passion fans enjoy and demand, but players and managers have to be aware there are lines that should not be crossed."

Offences which could earn players a yellow card

• Visibly disrespectful behaviour to any match official;
    • An aggressive response to decisions;
    • Confronting an official face to face;
    • Running towards an official to contest a decision;
    • Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials;
    • Physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner;
    • A yellow card for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official.
New red card offences

• If a player confronts match officials and uses offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them;
    • Physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36844570
If they enforce this every match will be abandoned because of lack of player numbers on the pitch.

It will be like when they introduce rule changes at world cups. They get shocked by the number of yellows/reds in the first few games and then relax the rules.

They have to back the referees and ride out a bit of chaos if they want it to work.

How do refs know when they are being sworn at in a foreign language? or players swearing at other players? will an aside like "f***ing hell ref he was offside" be bookable?

I can only see more controversy with this as referees will have to make subjective decisions on behaviour

yep, lack of consistency will make a mockery of it, player a from some club will make an exasperated hand gesture to the sky and see red whilst fabregas will call the ref a clam and only get a warning

I think these rules are great, and way overdue. If the refs are somewhat consistent and get full backing from the FA when Mouninho, Chelski and Whinger start complaining, the players will adapt very quickly, IMO. And it will be good, not only for us as fans who no longer will be annoyed by this kind of nonsense behaviour, but also for young footballers who will finally learn that this crap is unacceptable.

Time will show If it works though. I am certain the changes will face massive protests from those who base their play on this.

Sent from my SGP771 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If they enforce this every match will be abandoned because of lack of player numbers on the pitch.
If they enforce this, players will quickly stop doing it, which is the intention of the rule. More football, less needless arguing.

Sent from outer space

I think these rules are great, and way overdue. If the refs are somewhat consistent and get full backing from the FA when Mouninho, Chelski and Whinger start complaining, the players will adapt very quickly, IMO. And it will be good, not only for us as fans who no longer will be annoyed by this kind of nonsense behaviour, but also for young footballers who will finally learn that this crap is unacceptable.

Time will show If it works though. I am certain the changes will face massive protests from those who base their play on this.

Sent from my SGP771 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Agreed but to have consistency you need further clarification on what is and is not acceptable with the rule changes. Remember all the problems with offside because some refs would consider any body part to be offside where as some would only consider the majority, or in some cases all, of the body.

Back