• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

rSol

Re: Sol campbell on match of the day 2

My Missus weren't too impressed when I said I'd be nicked if we ever saw him in the street.

How comes you never hear stories of him getting abused in the streets cos it must happen?

Because he's a fudging big bloke Roy.

I hate the bloke for what he did to us, but saying you'd be happy when he's dead is a going a bit too far, just my opinion.

To be honest, he comes across as quite a shy bloke so I don't really know why he was on MOTD, it's clear he doesn't enjoy it. Not like he needs the money either. But then again, he is a textbook case of a munchausen sufferer.

My dad actually got him to appear at my football team's presentation evening when I was 12 and he was still a Spurs player. His agent did most of the talking once all the trophies/awards got handed out. I also saw him many times chatting to Spurs fans after the game outside WHL, but what he did to us erases all of that.

To be honest I'm over the Campbell thing. I'll never forget it and I lost a lot of interest in football the day he left, but I just can't manage to get angry at him any more.

If I met him I'd tell him he broke my little ten year old heart. Lost faith in footballers being heroes from then on

If having a party when he dies is a bit out of order, then what if we arrange a party for his upcoming death and ask him to come celebrate? Still wrong?

I agree with some others, going a bit far when you mention death. Football is not that important. I'm sure deep down most know that but want to seem a bit...hard? Mental? fudge knows.

He doesn't deserve a whole thread to himself, please lock this abomination.

Having a party when he dies then, still a bit twisted.

Jelly and ice cream though?

And bouncy castles are ace.

I'm sure Sol wouldn't mind. And if he did, no problem, we can just play the victim card as well! \o/

I remember the day it happened, and my reaction. Strange, but I actually just laughed out loud. (I would say I lol'd, but it was before then!)

Not as I didn't care, but I think it was literally the defining day when I realised that football had changed from how I used to picture it as a kid; that it was all genuinely now 100% about the money, all business, and that all footballers are quintessentially, massive, massive bellends and complete utter tools.

Nothing shocks me to this day. Modric, Berba, Keane's boyhood clubs, Spurs to Olympic Stadium, etc etc. A bit of my love for the romanticism died that day and I dont really think I've ever had the same youthful enthusiasm for it ever since. I tend to just greet these atrocities with a dismissive shrug of the shoulders and a 'life goes on' attitude....

Thats also why I now spend so much time on MFC. Honest. Ahem. :oops:

He looks like he has very nice skin. I wonder what kind of moisturizer he uses on his face...

Agree with the calls for a lock...24 hours people, get your jollies off and then I think we should...

i cant stand Sol, but ive seen a clip of gary lineker on his first MOTD and it dosnt make pretty viewing. shoulder pads aside, he came across full retread. and you never go full retread.

TV is not real life, especially when it says it is

I agree. Campbell came across painfully awkwardly, but so do the majority of debutants. Televised punditry evidently doesn't come naturally to most individuals. I don't think he was as bad as some people have made out, either. He acknowledged that we defended "unbelievable" [sic] and clearly endorsed Murray's "honorable mention" for Vertonghen and Dawson for their performances.

Was he wearing mascara, though? Just asking.

Back