• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

But you don’t know that he is dumb, that is the problem. Currently he is a talented but inconsistent footballer. I think you are labeling him with a tag without there really being much evidence to support that tag. I don’t think Barkley is the savior of English football, nor do I think he would get in our current first team if all are fit (it is the same story at Chelsea too). However Barkley does have good attributes and furthermore they are the ones that cannot really be coached (power, skill, ability, confidence). The attributes that some perceive him lacking such as positional sense, when to release the ball, when to tackle/not, which runs to track, etc) are the attributes that are easily developed. When I was involved in youth coaching the talented youngsters without those other qualities were the ones you wanted as it was so easy to improve their game substantially.
Were you still trying to teach them that at 24 years old?

If so, wouldn't that tell you something about their ability to comprehend simple instructions?

In the current market, as disgusting as it is to say, its really not.

£15m seems to be pocket change these days. Not long ago it was a guarantee of a decent player even if they had 3 years on their deal, now? Its probably equivalent to the £5m nominal amounts that used to change hands...
I meant more in terms of the fact that Barkley could wait another six months and pocket that himself, whereas in these next six months he will probably only earn around £2.5 million more than he would if staying at Everton. I guess if you are guaranteed to be earning £7.5 million a year for the next 4 or 5 years at least you can make that sort of decision.

Were you still trying to teach them that at 24 years old?

If so, wouldn't that tell you something about their ability to comprehend simple instructions?
A 24 year is able to learn just as easily as a 15 year old. Teaching which positions to take up, when to release the ball, etc isn’t hard. Some players choose to just ignore the instructions but I don’t think any players just can’t take them in.

A 24 year is able to learn just as easily as a 15 year old. Teaching which positions to take up, when to release the ball, etc isn’t hard. Some players choose to just ignore the instructions but I don’t think any players just can’t take them in.
Yet if they've been taught that since around 8-12 years old and still aren't getting it 12-16 years later, one has to wonder if they ever will.

When I see Barkley play he's very much a MOTD player. Does something incredible every now and then, but makes the wrong decision almost all the time.

Barkley will get games ahead of Bakayoko, did you see the state of him v Norwich? He looks like a terrible player since he's been in England.

He makes the Chelsea bench stronger if nothing else. I think he would have done well for us.

Anyway, he choose the dark side so fudge him.

Isn’t Bakayoko a CM? Barkley will be up against willian, hazard, et al

When I've seen Chelsea, they seem to use him further forward. You could be right, but I'd certainly pick Barkley ahead of him even as a centre midfielder, this guy plays like Sissoko.

Back