• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Conte Quoted as saying he is still "very young" and has room to improve.

24 going on 25. Surely he is not that young anymore and should be the final product?

I actually liked Barkley as a player. And thought he showed ambition to get away from Everton. But going to Chelski for him is like Delph and sinclair going to Emirates Marketing Project. They are just there to fill out the numbers on the cheap and will hardly play.

I hope he gets games. England need more choices.

It could be the case that they thought we were getting smug over him not signing to them earlier....and they wanted to prove a point....who knows...lol

I don't understand why a player Poch apparently wanted in August he seemingly doesn't want now. He hasn't played all season, so it can't be his form. I don't think waiting an additional month for him to get up to full speed should really be a determining factor. So what really made Poch do this u-turn.?

Dosh!

Gomes is not the same player

There were enough rumours in the summer that Poch wanted Barkley, spoke to Barkley, and Levy was talking to Barkley's reps

Gomes was an AM at Valencia. It's only Barca who have used him more at CM. Both Gomes and Barkley are big powerful dribblers, with an eye for a long pass. There's lots of similarities.

Rumours are self-reinforcing. The rumours for the last 4 months have been that Barkley to us was a formality. Even two days ago all the ITK and journalists were absolutely convinced. Now they are all quickly pretending they knew different

When we see them wearing the shirt etc....is my mantra!

Nkoudou has just signed for Chelsea

DCxkqEaWAAA7UuL.jpg

I think we've missed a trick with this one and will end up regretting it tbh.

From what I've seen of Gomes (and heard from Barca fans), he's not particularly great.

From what I've seen of Gomes (and heard from Barca fans), he's not particularly great.

Ross could break down again or go on to be a world beater. It is luck!
And as I've said we probably were really not an option for him personally.

So do you reckon he cancelled last minute in August so he could pocket some of the £20m of the £30m fee that was agreed back then I.e higher wages as Chelsea have now spent £20m less than they would have done in august?

I wouldnt put it past Chelsea at all. It was reported he was with Cheslea in August and backed out - maybe they just assessed his hamstring and did a deal for Jan then?

Seen it mentioned plenty, and its entirely believable IMO

If you look back at what he was like at Valencia the year before last, he was amazing. It might just be that Barca's threat is meant to come from the front 3, so a midfielder like Gomes is meant to get the ball to them, rather than be the star by running with it etc like he did at Valencia. Rakitic is somewhat similar - plays more of a support role than he did at Sevilla...uses the ball well but kind of recycles it and keeps it moving, rather than being particularly penetrative

Good player but is he what we need given we already have Dier and Wanyama? Need a CM who is more like for like with Dembele

*disclaimer*
I dont think Ive ever seen him play, and I know very well that Youtube is hardly extensive research
*disclaimer*

BUT, looking at this

I can certainly see him fulfilling the Dembele role, if you define that as a box to box midfielder who does great work defensively and also gets the ball up the pitch.

Nearly every action is directly forward, I can see that being a real asset in the premier league.

*disclaimer*
I dont think Ive ever seen him play, and I know very well that Youtube is hardly extensive research
*disclaimer*

BUT, looking at this

I can certainly see him fulfilling the Dembele role, if you define that as a box to box midfielder who does great work defensively and also gets the ball up the pitch.

Nearly every action is directly forward, I can see that being a real asset in the premier league.

hmmmm....looking at those clips, he looks a lot better with the ball than I gave him credit for. I've seen him play before, but never actively watched him (if you understand what I mean) so maybe my impression was wrong, assuming that 1 min montage is an accurate representation of his skills

Back