• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Considering he apparently turned them down in the summer because he wanted to join us, only to join them now, suggests it was our choice not to go for him.

£15m we would have paid, Im sure. It seems we are no longer interested.

Maybe its his wages, though honestly I wonder (a little foresight will tell you our wage bill is going to go up anyway), I think maybe its more his injury.

That's only if you read ITK. I'm not sure we've ever particularly been interested.

Andre Gomes seemed to be the real target all along.

I just hope we can sign Sessegnon and recall Onomah this window.

The thing that grates me with this is how toothless we truly are in the transfer market and for all the great work being done at Spurs ATM it will count for diddly.
I sadly think this will bite us big time in the end and very soon, ask Kyle Walker.

I wonder what might happen with Andre Gomes now actually. Apparently it only broke down in the summer because Barca didn't get Coutinho over the line. Perhaps Coutinho moving this month will revive Gomes to us?

The thing that grates me with this is how toothless we truly are in the transfer market and for all the great work being done at Spurs ATM it will count for diddly.
I sadly think this will bite us big time in the end and very soon, ask Kyle Walker.

Toothless because we didnt get Barkley? Or because we havent bought anyone in by Jan 5th?

I wonder what might happen with Andre Gomes now actually. Apparently it only broke down in the summer because Barca didn't get Coutinho over the line. Perhaps Coutinho moving this month will revive Gomes to us?

He came on vs Madrid the other day and is getting games now

I love how Conte has called Barkley "a good investment".

He clearly couldn't even be bothered to google him, knowing that he'll sent out on loan to Vitesse Arnhem in a few days

I find it odd Chelsea have gone for him.

There is the cynical point of view that he is a cheap home grown option, but as a player I just dont see how he fits with them.

And given his injury record there is a degree of risk as well, on a player who really needs to realise his potential.

With us it made more sense, while presenting the same risk - we could and would at least use him and develop him.

Chelsea though?

I find it odd Chelsea have gone for him.

There is the cynical point of view that he is a cheap home grown option, but as a player I just dont see how he fits with them.

And given his injury record there is a degree of risk as well, on a player who really needs to realise his potential.

With us it made more sense, while presenting the same risk - we could and would at least use him and develop him.

Chelsea though?

Its a bad move for Ross I think, you wonder where he is going to fit.

But I am not losing sleep us missing out on him to be honest, not sure where he is in fitness at all

Toothless because we didn't get Barkley? Or because we haven't bought anyone in by Jan 5th?

We are all not stupid enough to kid ourselves we will be buying anybody like a for example Mahrez.
Barkley was a risk and we and have once again been outbid buy Chelsea @£15m level which is low for today's prices. Probably due to wages "I would guess".
So nearer "Toothless because we didn't get Barkley?"

I'm not that bothered in the Barclay case but its draining when we are trying to move forward as a club. My gloomy mood will pass........I'll cheer myself up by cheering Everton tonight......I'm am a glutton for punishment!;)

I like you @StephenH , but you are a bit of an excitable one arent you?! :D

I dont think Id describe Barkley going to Chelsea as us being toothless, or even us "missing out", more just as - well - 'meh'.

I dont see what the fuss is about.

Presented with the idea of signing him I was in favour, on the basis he might be moulded into a Dembele successor, but I really wont be losing any sleep over not getting him. And I dont think its indicative of other moves either.

I just think either we didnt fancy him at £150k a week (or whatever Chelsea are willing to play) or we just didnt fancy him. Simple as that, no drama.

People need to judge Barkley on his own merits, not because he's 'not Sissoko'.

I'm pretty confident his career will go the way of Berahino, Schneiderlin, Jay Rodriguez, Benteke, Christopher Samba, Kenwyne Jones and the countless other average players we were possibly once considering signing, but were fortunate to dodge.

Read Contes new conference and it makes it even more reason not to go for him.

Still injured, not played for 7 months was hardly pulling up trees before injury so we were signing a prospect back then now an injured one. Dodged one

I like you @StephenH , but you are a bit of an excitable one arent you?! :D

I dont think Id describe Barkley going to Chelsea as us being toothless, or even us "missing out", more just as - well - 'meh'.

I dont see what the fuss is about.

Presented with the idea of signing him I was in favour, on the basis he might be moulded into a Dembele successor, but I really wont be losing any sleep over not getting him. And I dont think its indicative of other moves either.

I just think either we didnt fancy him at £150k a week (or whatever Chelsea are willing to play) or we just didnt fancy him. Simple as that, no drama.

I haven't forgiven the bastard for Willian .......

Not see keen on excitable, prefer passionate!

People need to judge Barkley on his own merits, not because he's 'not Sissoko'.

I'm pretty confident his career will go the way of Berahino, Schneiderlin, Jay Rodriguez, Benteke, Christopher Samba, Kenwyne Jones and the countless other average players we were possibly once considering signing, but were fortunate to dodge.

Love the Sissoko line ✊

Back