• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

..However, having said all this, it could be argued that he'd face similar competition from Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Sissoko and a promising Winks. Possibly only Dembele most likely to miss out due to regular fitness (which is actually the role I would like to see Barkley moulded into. Him and big Vic would be a very strong pairing).
If he doesn't think that he's capable of beating Sissoko to a first team place then he has serious confidence problems.

Funny hearing Chelsea fans talk about this deal, apparently he isn’t as good as Loftus-Cheek who is clearly pulling up trees at palace

It’s the same as the United fans saying Shaw is better than rose after he has managed to play 3 consecutive games ...

#thfc have pulled out the race to sign Ross Barkley, allowing @ChelseaFC to complete the signing. [Daily Mirror]

Ross Barkley demanded wages which would make him the top earner at #thfc causing the club to decide against signing him. [Daily Mirror]

Bit disappointing as a I thought that Poch would be able to improve him. Only caveat to that is the role which Poch would have seen for him -if we'd signed him as another player for the 3 behind Kane, then we'd have had 5 players in Lamela, SOn, Eriksen, Dele and Barkley none of whom have pace of genuine ability to beat 2 men in a tight space. I do thnk however he could have made it as Dembele's replacement though I know there are split views on here so not worth re-opening it!

Hopefully we'll move on to other targets now. Would be nice to get 1 addition in during Jan

For £15 mil I am amazed we are not going for him ridciulous to miss out on him yet buy Sissoko for 30 mil

If he really does want wages which would make him the top earner at Spurs then I can understand why we're not buying him. The media reports of him wanting £150k a week ruled him out for us, assuming they're true

Read yesterday that Daniel Sturridge is earning 150k p/w! Daniel fudging Sturridge!!!

If Barkley did demand that kind of wage then surely he must've known what the answer would be from us! If he wants to be given an opportunity to play football he knows where he should sign. If he prefers to earn big money from the bench, then it's a-West-London he goes.

(Though if the fee was only around £15mill, then i guess a £7m p/year contract roughly is somewhat justified on Chelsea's books)

Considering he apparently turned them down in the summer because he wanted to join us, only to join them now, suggests it was our choice not to go for him.

£15m we would have paid, Im sure. It seems we are no longer interested.

Maybe its his wages, though honestly I wonder (a little foresight will tell you our wage bill is going to go up anyway), I think maybe its more his injury.

Considering he apparently turned them down in the summer because he wanted to join us, only to join them now, suggests it was our choice not to go for him.

£15m we would have paid, Im sure. It seems we are no longer interested.

Maybe its his wages, though honestly I wonder (a little foresight will tell you our wage bill is going to go up anyway), I think maybe its more his injury.

Wages are favourite.
Chelsea are also on a charm offensive to try and keep Conte.

As we have said before, money allows bigger risks to be taken, if he fails a Chelsea they don't care.

This has definitely cheered me up after the game last night.

Cheeky bid for Loftus-Cheek (who is a much better player)?

Back