• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Brilliant cameos from him, let's hope he can play 90 mins twice per week, as we need him to drag us up the table.

Continued his positive start. Was under different circumstances than in the first half, might not have looked as good had he played in that first half, but at the same time he clearly has quality on the ball that we otherwise lack.

Hopefully he'll be ready for a start fairly soon. Looks ready by how he looks when given the chance so far, but perhaps some still some settling in to do...

That's probably his best pass for us so far, shame it couldn't be converted. Been playing quite a few line breaking passes in general which is great to see.

Not under heavy pressure for that one, but far from alone and isolated in space. Good vision under a bit of pressure, close control and passing ability to execute. Will serve him and us well I think.

That's probably his best pass for us so far, shame it couldn't be converted. Been playing quite a few line breaking passes in general which is great to see.

Not under heavy pressure for that one, but far from alone and isolated in space. Good vision under a bit of pressure, close control and passing ability to execute. Will serve him and us well I think.

Hopefully the next time Bentancur plays a defence splitting pass like that for Son he'll have rediscovered his first touch and deadly scoring form again.

A couple of times he should heve moved the ball on quicker. Otherwise pretty much a flawless performance. So many good tackles, kept it really tight in the centre along with Hojbjerg. Then the quality on the ball to do things like release Kulusevski at the end.

Never looked tired really. Just kept going.

Really looks an excellent signing.

A couple of times he should heve moved the ball on quicker. Otherwise pretty much a flawless performance. So many good tackles, kept it really tight in the centre along with Hojbjerg. Then the quality on the ball to do things like release Kulusevski at the end.

5 times he got caught with time on the ball
once or twice you would learn you would hope
But his pressing was great and his gamesmanship too

Looks a real class act to me, those mistakes will disappear once he's got his head round the pace of the Prem I would have thought.

He has shown in his other games for us that he can move the ball quickly so I'm not too worried, tough gig away to City for a new to the league CM.

He looks a good addition to the starting XI already imo but with scope to improve further
Yep
The guy will IMO show his class very soon

Indeed
But 5 times
I’m watching that and thinking how is he not getting pelters from his team mates for that

We really wanted to play with composure on the ball. Norwegian commentators made a point of Conte applauding the team for playing with risk.

5 is too many, by a relatively small margin. 2 would be fine imo. So a bit over. But never hid from the ball, took responsibility in what is his second start and around 3 weeks since arriving.

I think it's a good sign. He'll get used to the pace, our style. You don't get used to not taking responsibility or not having the ability required. Add some of his real quality moments on the ball and for me it's positives all around.

And some of his tackles were really top notch. I may have said it before, but quite fitting that he wears the number 30 shirt. Real similarities with Sandro in how he just goes and wins the ball in difficult spots.

We really wanted to play with composure on the ball. Norwegian commentators made a point of Conte applauding the team for playing with risk.

5 is too many, by a relatively small margin. 2 would be fine imo. So a bit over. But never hid from the ball, took responsibility in what is his second start and around 3 weeks since arriving.

I think it's a good sign. He'll get used to the pace, our style. You don't get used to not taking responsibility or not having the ability required. Add some of his real quality moments on the ball and for me it's positives all around.

And some of his tackles were really top notch. I may have said it before, but quite fitting that he wears the number 30 shirt. Real similarities with Sandro in how he just goes and wins the ball in difficult spots.
I saw more similarities to Moussa originally but yeah the Sandro swagger is similar

Great composure, great skill and a great game IMO.

Some players don't get caught on the ball because they just get rid of it ASAP, which then comes back at us

Bentancur gets caught on the ball because he is waiting for the right movement, the right pass that means we MIGHT retain the ball for 10 seconds or even score a goal

Back