• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

MotM for me today - great vision to snuff out potential danger in midfield, and great stamina to keep plugging gaps in the second half when Fulham finally came forward a little more. The one thing I would have wished for in the transfer window was a commanding CM, but on today's showing, in Bentancur we already have one of the very very best.

Agree with this. Thought Richarlison pushed him close but Bentancur was consistently very, very good. His calmness on the ball was also a joy to watch. There was a couple of times I was bricking myself because I thought he'd lose it and he'd just find a yard of space or turn calmly and find a pass. I'd really love him to back today up with a strong showing at City next week. Hes had some great games here and has the tools but his weakest games have been against the stronger sides (City, Liverpool and United away last year spring to mind. Kinda got bummed at Stamford Bridge too although that was as much down to tactics as his performance).

Bentacur just has that Rolls Royce look in the way he moves, that silky Berbatov thing....the team played really well today and he made a super contribution.........

Very understated, very under the radar but I really feel he makes my pants sticky, becoming an essential part of the starting 11.

That was very good from him today, showed a lot of passion and did an excellent job keeping the ball moving with his one-touch forward passes. PEH did well beside him but Bentancur was definitely the better of the two despite PEH scoring.

If there's a place that Bissouma can take I don't think it can be Bentancur's. We need his easy passes and ability to see the shape of the game. He was very good today (usually is) and it showed what we missed. He passes quickly and well.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I like PEH but I’d love to see Bentancur and Bissouma. Feel like Bissouma could become our Kante-like everywhere man, and let Bentancur keep things calm and ticking over.

Then Skipp and PEH to rotate looks very good.

Last edited:
If there's a place that Bissouma can take I don't think it can be Bentancur's. We need his easy passes and ability to see the shape of the game. He was very good today (usually is) and it showed what we missed. He passes quickly and well.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yes, I could see Bentancur and Bisouma becoming our first choice partnership. Good balance there with Bentie holding and knitting things together and Bisouma being more aggressive and driving forwards

Skipp could slot into either of those roles, though potentially more naturally suited to understudying Bentancur. PEH probably switching in/out for Bisouma

Yes, I could see Bentancur and Bisouma becoming our first choice partnership. Good balance there with Bentie holding and knitting things together and Bisouma being more aggressive and driving forwards

Skipp could slot into either of those roles, though potentially more naturally suited to understudying Bentancur. PEH probably switching in/out for Bisouma
I don't think PEH is going anywhere anytime soon.

But he isn’t good enough
He doesn’t attack
Points a lot
And can’t pass
My issue with PEH has always been his moaning, when he is not happy with a decision he stops and moans even when the opposition are on the attack. So far this season he has been fairly good going forward, credit is where its due.

He's done well, but if Bisouma performs like he did at Brighton then I would see him moving above PEH in the pecking order. Timeframe TBC

PEH would still get a decent number of games, as would Skipp

My issue with PEH has always been his moaning, when he is not happy with a decision he stops and moans even when the opposition are on the attack. So far this season he has been fairly good going forward, credit is where its due.
I think he has been our most consistent player
This is probably him at his peak but I’ll take that

He's done well, but if Bisouma performs like he did at Brighton then I would see him moving above PEH in the pecking order. Timeframe TBC

PEH would still get a decent number of games, as would Skipp
IMO BIssouma plays the deeper role which is currently Bentacurs

Not his biggest fan but he’s playing well and is clearly a very good pro from what managers say about him. Ultimately, I think he’ll be behind Bentancur and Bissouma but Bissouma has not done enough to dislodge him yet. There are also enough games to go around for all of them plus Skipp this season.

IMO BIssouma plays the deeper role which is currently Bentacurs

Fair enough - I see it differently. For me, Bentancur's ability to retain the ball and having an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time make him perfectly suited to play a holding role, where I believe Bisouma strengths are when he drives forwards with the ball and his aggression defensively. I think Skipp is more Bentancur-like

Back