• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Excellent. Apart from the decision to do a double drag back skill, shown at 2 minutes in the video.

I think we'll keep seeing him lose possession in situations that end up looking a bit silly or needless. He plays with a real calm composure, there will be mistakes. I think we need to live with those.

Quick, effective passes, often forward, either foot, skill under pressure. Having that combined with his ball winning ability and work rate is rather rare.

If he steps up just a bit more and adds even more consistency he'll be a truly special player imo. Already so good.

Great start from him so far, looks a very good player.

Yes, our transfer business in January was excellent - outgoings as well as incomings

I do think we have the basis of a decent team - Lloris, Romero, Bentancur, Kulu, Kane Son - plus Dier is passable and Sess/Skipp worth persevering with for the future.

There's a big drop from those to Davies, Doherty and PEH though, and even larger drop to our most of our subs

Maybe it is just me, but there is something about the way Bentancur plays football that reminds me of Berbatov

100% I was scratching around last night trying to work out who he reminded me of and then he did I think a drag back or something and it was Berba.
He has quite a laconic laid back style, love it!!

Anyone else get a kind of Berbatov feeling watching Bentancour?
Two pages back.

Yes 100% . Just the way he moves he’s got that languid style about him.

Think if he moves the ball just a little quicker he could be a real world beater .

Spot on and i think he will when he gets used to the speed of the Prem, he is used to a much slower game in italy and will pick it up with more games.

Think if he moves the ball just a little quicker he could be a real world beater .

Yes, and I think he’s already starting to do that.

Not getting caught in possession nearly as much as his first couple of games.

Encouraging.

Yes, and I think he’s already starting to do that.

Not getting caught in possession nearly as much as his first couple of games.

Encouraging.

Hope so. It was one of the things juve fans didn't like about him. One even posted 3 vids on youtube of a compilation of him losing the ball. They really are tacos.

Definitely already good at moving the ball quickly when he wants to imo.

More a question of decision making the way you see it? I quite like some of the times he hangs on to the ball, seems to do it quite well and purposefully. But sometimes the quicker option could be better of course.

For me I think his next step may be more about even more telling contributions into or in the final third and a bit more consistency. Already good at those too already mind.

The through ball he played to Kane against Brighton. Had a similar one for Son in one of our games iirc. That's really good. Few more switches of play, quality passes up to the front three or wing backs perhaps.

Hope so. It was one of the things juve fans didn't like about him. One even posted 3 vids on youtube of a compilation of him losing the ball. They really are tacos.

I see that at least partly as a result of his composure and calm style. Mistakes will look rather bad. But difficult to get rid of the mistakes without more "just get the ball away" and that wouldn't be a worthwhile trade off imo.

Bit more awareness, better decision making perhaps? When and where to play with that risk and when not to.

I see that at least partly as a result of his composure and calm style. Mistakes will look rather bad. But difficult to get rid of the mistakes without more "just get the ball away" and that wouldn't be a worthwhile trade off imo.

Bit more awareness, better decision making perhaps? When and where to play with that risk and when not to.

Think you are spot on about awareness and decision making this all feeds into moving the ball on quicker at certain times.Hang on and carry it and beat a man at times etc. He’s been decent overall .

I’m still on the fence at the moment and will wait to make a decision, but if he turns out to be the missing piece we really need another similar type of player or we are back to square one if he gets a long injury.

Spot on and i think he will when he gets used to the speed of the Prem, he is used to a much slower game in italy and will pick it up with more games.
Very true . The pace of the game is certainly a big factor. They say give a player a season to see true reflection of quality. If the first handful of games are to go buy he’ll be a decent prem player.

Also it’s not always about the spectacular we were crying out for a player that does the basics well and consistently. We need more in our squad that do that.

I’m still on the fence at the moment and will wait to make a decision, but if he turns out to be the missing piece we really need another similar type of player or we are back to square one if he gets a long injury.
Absolutely, we need at least one more decent quality in possession and passer of the ball player. On paper we are losing two in Ndombele and GLC so only makes sense that we replace them.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yes, our transfer business in January was excellent - outgoings as well as incomings

I do think we have the basis of a decent team - Lloris, Romero, Bentancur, Kulu, Kane Son - plus Dier is passable and Sess/Skipp worth persevering with for the future.

There's a big drop from those to Davies, Doherty and PEH though, and even larger drop to our most of our subs
PEH been excellent these past few weeks

PEH been excellent these past few weeks

Plays like a headless chicken if you ask me. Sometimes that charging around at 100 mph and shouting at people will come off, but I'd prefer someone who is more composed and higher quality. PEH is fine as a starter for a mid table team, but we need more than that

The weird thing about PEH is that sometimes he can play excellent passes which create goals. There was one for Kane recently...cant remember against who. Makes you wonder what he could have been had he focussed more on that side of the game rather than trying to be the team hard man

Back