• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

I’d rather read scouts analysis of him, I don’t get why just because a guy is the same nationality as a player that makes them some sort of expert (yes I get he’s seen a few more games etc). I suppose everyone should sit up and take note of my analysis of Winks and Skipp…..

I wouldn't trust scouts analysis too much either tbh not after reading glowing report after glowing report on Ndombele (and others) when we signed him - just a discussion point really.

3rd time that taco has been quoted. He's from uruguay, good for him. Do you really think he knows more than conte or paratici about football or bentancur?

I was asked if I could post the link to a Twitter piece I’d referenced in my previous post.

My answer to your question is, no, most certainly not. However as fans we don’t have access to either Conte or Paratici to discuss the playing style of Bentancur so rely on things like this to have discussions etc.

Just watched the YouTube of his touches in a match vs Torino. I much prefer these types of YouTube’s vs compilations over many games.

My thoughts:

- Similar style to Rhodri
- Will create space to ask for the ball constantly
- Will challenge teammates to take the ball in tight situations
- 2 footed
- Will attempted clever little angled passes forward.
- Presses opposition immediately when possession is lost.
- Takes set pieces around the box

Just watched the YouTube of his touches in a match vs Torino. I much prefer these types of YouTube’s vs compilations over many games.

My thoughts:

- 2 footed

Signs for tottenham and ...
- can only pass side ways
- constantly injured apart from when called up internationaly
- warms bench

My thoughts:

- 2 footed

I agree that that kind of video is more informative than a highlights reel. Though I'm not sure sure they always include enough and/or also the negatives as they're sometimes made by people being positive about a player.

Also been impressed by the forward passes I've seen, matches quite well with what I remember seeing when watching some Juve games a couple of years back.

If those line breaking passes, even sometimes under pressure, are a solid part of his game then he'll be a really good fit. If not, he'll be more ok/adequate I think.

Bit reserved, but positive about him.

Back