• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Robot lawn mowers

Get one of these mate, i have even got speakers on it.

th

I don’t, no. Mrs SoT, to whom absolutely anything that looks like hard work is delegated, has to run round the edges with the strimmer every couple of weeks. If the lawn itself looks like baize it doesn’t matter too much that the edges are tufty. You’re supposed to put the guide wires 30cm away from edges but we have sleepers and a deck delineating the boundaries, so it’s much more fun to watch Mo bump into stuff, retreat in puzzlement then cheerfully set off in a new direction. That shortens his life, apparently, but as I said, he only slightly outranks the youngest daughter and matters much less than the dog. We can always get a replacement.
I'm pretty much sold, the boss isn't. She's (correctly) reminded me that my son is incapable of picking up anything he takes out into the garden and my new "pointless waste of money toy" would spread parts of his toys all over the place like a roomba spreading brick.

It would also mean moving his goal posts/net all the time, so I might end up needing a Pete. Gonna have to get the wife to deal with him though.

Don't you have thousands of better things you could be doing with all that time?
Its quicker than using a plug in mower as you are not moving cables every two seconds and gives a better cut and very satisfying - I don't quite have the acreage you have so no issue there-and it gives me an excuse to get a half an hour away from the 1yr & 4 yr old, although these days the 4 year old is next to me pushing his mower up and down.

Only issue is the first cut of the year as it doesn't do well with longer grass.

Im in the market for a cordless mower since my corded one died. I don't mind doing it myself so no need for a robot mower. Id get one if i hated it, however, it might get stolen as I've got a front and back garden to tender to.
How big is your garden?

Petrol mower is the way to go if doing it by hand - I have a Honda one

husqvarna makwbtgw best domestic robot lab mowers

Sad to say it but I have to go exhibitions for all this brick...

Mo is Flymo orange but that’s localisation so that British customers don’t fear the singularity and our eventual servitude to lawnmower overlords of vast, pitiless intelligence. Under that orange carapace he’s a Husqvarna droid, indistinguishable in all important respects.

Im in the market for a cordless mower since my corded one died. I don't mind doing it myself so no need for a robot mower. Id get one if i hated it, however, it might get stolen as I've got a front and back garden to tender to.
I bought a Ryobi battery power one today. Uses two batteries, that can be used with the entire range of Ryobi tools. Actually it's a "hybrid", as if the batteries run out, you can plug in a cord and keep going.
Haven't tried it yet, but I'm planning to test it out tomorrow. Will give you a review .

I bought a Ryobi battery power one today. Uses two batteries, that can be used with the entire range of Ryobi tools. Actually it's a "hybrid", as if the batteries run out, you can plug in a cord and keep going.
Haven't tried it yet, but I'm planning to test it out tomorrow. Will give you a review .

Their pretty decent

I was talking to Makita about the same thing a few weeks ago

I'm pretty much sold, the boss isn't. She's (correctly) reminded me that my son is incapable of picking up anything he takes out into the garden and my new "pointless waste of money toy" would spread parts of his toys all over the place like a roomba spreading brick.

It would also mean moving his goal posts/net all the time, so I might end up needing a Pete. Gonna have to get the wife to deal with him though.
I bet Mrs Scaramanga would love to "deal" with 24 year old Pete.

Their pretty decent

I was talking to Makita about the same thing a few weeks ago
I read a review of some movers, and the Makita range didn't get much praise, at least the mid range ones. Basically said they where too weak, so based on that I went for Ryobi, as they got better test scores in that test. Pluss, I have a couple of Ryobi tools, so can switch around batteries.

But one thing surprised me. They're quite a bit louder than I expected for an electric powered machine. They're all around 85-90+ dB.

I read a review of some movers, and the Makita range didn't get much praise, at least the mid range ones. Basically said they where too weak, so based on that I went for Ryobi, as they got better test scores in that test. Pluss, I have a couple of Ryobi tools, so can switch around batteries.

But one thing surprised me. They're quite a bit louder than I expected for an electric powered machine. They're all around 85-90+ dB.
You should hear their robot vacuum then
Horrendously noisy

I mowed the lawn earlier, took about 10 minutes. Not a big deal.

People put the blades too low and try to take off several bucketloads / binfuls / collectionboxfuls

If you raise the blades it is v quick to mow as you only take off one binful, and the lawn looks great

Back