• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Robin Quaison

Just had a Danny Rose moment. Looks like he can play anywhere across the front line or as an attacking midfielder. Not a prolific goalscorer like Kane but more of a Son/Moura player.

Just had a Danny Rose moment. Looks like he can play anywhere across the front line or as an attacking midfielder. Not a prolific goalscorer like Kane but more of a Son/Moura player.

I can't say that I know much about him either. A Son/Moura type doesn't fit with the playing between the lines comment.

Is this guy a Spurs fan? What were his assessments of Ndombele or Aurier before they signed? I.e., has he got a good record of calling it right?

He is a Spurs fan and works with some of the Spurs players, most prominently doing additional work with Bergwijn to help him adjust to English football. I don't know what he said about those players before they signed.

I think that he has done some scouting for us. He has hinted that he has watched Kim Min-Jae for us.

He is a Spurs fan and works with some of the Spurs players, most prominently doing additional work with Bergwijn to help him adjust to English football. I don't know what he said about those players before they signed.

I think that he has done some scouting for us. He has hinted that he has watched Kim Min-Jae for us.

He's a very good follow on twitter. Talks a load of sense.

You sure he worked with Bergwein?
He does work with some younger players for sure but didn’t think he worked with any of the higher end ones

Just looks inferior to everyone we have though
Mourinho won the league with Soloman Kalou.

It's far more important what a player brings to a team than his individual ability.

I think Kane is a curse as well as a blessing - when he's got you get loads of goals. But he does now have an injury every season.
We won't get a back up goal scorer (maybe Wilson though?), so build a squad that has a bit of it all.
When Kane is out, we need Son to score mainly - but who gives us option then?
The squad needs the extra depth and versatility.

“Very good at reading defences”
I’d love to hear Ronan Murphy explain exactly what he means by that.
I'm not Ronan Murphy, but I read that as someone that's good at finding and exploiting (limited) space. Taking up good positions, making good runs, finding teammates. Maybe Alli is the one in our squad that currently does that best, if someone said he was good at reading defences I would agree with them.

The opposite for me would be where Lucas was at his worst. When he would just get on the ball somehow and head down run at players almost regardless of the options available and shape of the opposition.

Back