• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I'd like to see

------------Kane

Chadli-----Eriksen-----Lennon

For a bit. Thought Lennon looked sharp yesterday and it's awful when we have zero width.

I like the Bob and Arry combo. Let's give it time to gel even more.

Agreed! Gives us more work rate and effort than Ade as well.

You know the last couple of seasons when Torres was lumbering around up front for Cheat$ki?

His confidence was shot, he never got it back. He just kept putting himself about and tentatively poking at chances and missing and fluffing.

We need to get rid of guys like this, just like Cheat$ki did.

We are trying to pick between 2 hopeless non-scoring forwards (Soldado and Adebayor) and arguing about their "merits" when they are scant.

Meanwhile we have 17 players trying to play in the hole, it is an absolute joke.

We need a clearer system, we need some width, we need some defending from the front, and we need the good players to be playing, not these jokers.

The thing is though that Soldado still has "only" 25 league starts in the Premier League. By the time Chelsea gave up on Torres he had been given a lot more time first at Liverpool and then at Chelsea. Of course he was also better and PL proven at his best, but still.

Torres is a bad example though, as anyone with eyes knew he was finished before Chelsea bought him.

The fact that he got as many starts as he did for them must be down to Roman's insistence or something.

Torres is a bad example though, as anyone with eyes knew he was finished before Chelsea bought him.

The fact that he got as many starts as he did for them must be down to Roman's insistence or something.

Perhaps. What was the example with Defoe? How many starts without a goal or with a very limited number of goals?

Perhaps. What was the example with Defoe? How many starts without a goal or with a very limited number of goals?

Defoe failed to score in any of his last 12 league starts for Spurs, his last goal from a start coming in the 4-0 win at Villa on Boxing Day 2012. He did manage 2 goals from 17 sub appearances over that period though.

Using the figures from http://www.espnfc.com/player/7975/jermain-defoe, his strike rate over his final 29 league appearances for Spurs was 2 goals in 1,314 minutes.

For comparison, Soldado' 2 league goals (excluding penalties) since joining us have come from 25 starts + 9 sub appearances over 2,237 minutes.

I'd like to see

------------Kane

Chadli-----Eriksen-----Lennon

For a bit. Thought Lennon looked sharp yesterday and it's awful when we have zero width.

Said this before but really dont think Kane is effective when playing as the lone striker, much better behind the front man and I like his and Soldado's interchangability. I think Soldado deserves a run of games, seems stupid to write someone off based on the odd appearance here and there. Obviously he suffers from a lack in confidence in front of goal but he is certainly getting his all round game in order and hopefully as his confidence grows along with consistent game time his chances of finding his goalscoring touch increases. Of course this is far from guaranteed but I do think he deserves the opportunity.....

Poor fella just can't catch a break... #-o

@Squawka: Roberto Soldado has now gone 532 minutes of Premier League & Europa League action without a goal.
B3eyz1lCAAEZDeh.jpg

[VINE]On7UFeEBvpQ[/VINE]

[VINE]OnZqg0wqEjj[/VINE]

[VINE]OnZKmqFMth5[/VINE]

That second one was horrible for him, but the keeper got out early and really spread himself. I just hope he's gonna hit the back of the net soon, cos the bloke is doing a lot of good out there with regards to our general play.

Defoe; 2 goals in 1,314 minutes.

Soldado; 2 league goals (excluding penalties) in 2,237 minutes.

Christ on a bicycle :(

Thank GHod for Harry Kane

I agree with the chap above that would like to see Kane playing with Chadli Eriksen and Lennon

They are all good and three of them can score goals

That second one was horrible for him, but the keeper got out early and really spread himself. I just hope he's gonna hit the back of the net soon, cos the bloke is doing a lot of good out there with regards to our general play.

he really is, he's doing everything except score

Was at the game dude done nothing of note except miss three chances (although one miss led to the goal)

messi went 10 games without scoring, happens to every player, and how did he break that run? With a penalty.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Christ on a bicycle :(

Thank GHod for Harry Kane

I agree with the chap above that would like to see Kane playing with Chadli Eriksen and Lennon

They are all good and three of them can score goals

I like Lennon but 26 goals in 261 league matches ain't pretty

Which is a bit of a bitch when you are bought to score goals

As long as someone scores it doesn't really matter who it is. Judge him as a footballer instead and he's playing well. It's either him or Kane up front and both seem to be at their best when dropping deeper, but the onus is just as much on those playing behind the striker IMO.

i'm just amazed how people think this, if he was doing your job, he would have been fired 6 months ago, he's no good for us, his job is to score goals and he doesn't cut it in any way

I thought he had a really good game lastnight, especially in the 2nd half but he simply has to be scoring, I really feel for the guy

Back