• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Would like to see us somehow flog off Ade in the winter window.

I honestly believe Ade is like a plague and once he's gone we will start to see an upturn in productivity from our forward players, Bobby included.

Think there's a place in our squad for a guy like him and truly believe he could form a pretty good partnership with Harry

+1

I've also been thinking this for some time now, that both Soldado and Kane would benefit Adebayor's departure . There's no progress being made in our attacking play having Ade as our striker.

+1

I've also been thinking this for some time now, that both Soldado and Kane would benefit Adebayor's departure . There's no progress being made in our attacking play having Ade as our striker.

I don't see any progress being made in our attacking play whether Ade or Soldado play as our striker. Personally I'd just bite the bullet and have Kane playing as the number 9. I'd fancy him to put away any chances that come his way much more than I would the other two.

I'd be happy to say that had Ade put Soldado through 1v1 with the keeper in the first half, Soldado would've scored.

I'd be happy to say that had Ade put Soldado through 1v1 with the keeper in the first half, Soldado would've scored.

You can be as happy to say whatever you want...the fact is we will never know but the likelyhood based on his finishing for us so far is that he would have also missed (I await the rewriting history posts where people now state his finishing has always been good for us).

No re-writing history, but Ade has had a history of not finishing those types of chances (at least in a Spurs shirt).

someone mentioned that he could make a living in the hole....that does sound like a plan...but with that position comes a level of defensive responsibility towards the team when we dont have the ball. do people think solly will do that?

someone mentioned that he could make a living in the hole....that does sound like a plan...but with that position comes a level of defensive responsibility towards the team when we dont have the ball. do people think solly will do that?

valid point. thus far, no more than Eriksen I would imagine..

:-k

badger1.jpg

I don't see any progress being made in our attacking play whether Ade or Soldado play as our striker. Personally I'd just bite the bullet and have Kane playing as the number 9. I'd fancy him to put away any chances that come his way much more than I would the other two.

If we drop Adebayor for a 21 year old kid that has a handful of top flight games under his belt , do you think Adebayor will react in a positive way ? I'm not so sure. I'm just saying we have to consider the manager's difficulties here.

Also what you suggest may well heap to much pressure on Kane's young shoulders. If he's selected, I think he has to play with one of the older two strikers and from what I've seen it has to be Soldado, as I think his link-up play is better than Adebayor's .

it's up to Ade to behave like a pro, if he can't then we are screwed either way (spoiler: he can't, we're screwed)

he was an out and out striker before he joined us and now poch's getting him back all over the pitch

Maybe because as an out and out striker he's just not scoring so Poch doesn't know where to play him.

Everyone keeps saying play him in the hole but we have 3 others who can play that role in Lamela, Eriksen and Kane and arguably play that role better.

Maybe because as an out and out striker he's just not scoring so Poch doesn't know where to play him.

Everyone keeps saying play him in the hole but we have 3 others who can play that role in Lamela, Eriksen and Kane and arguably play that role better.

to be fair, Soldado in that role against Villa looked better than eriksen ever has for us playing there.

Soldado was a top top player in Spain but playing in a system that suited him. They took a successful player in a system and tried to make him something he wasn't under AVB and that was a lone striker.

I honestly believe the AVB era killed him, he was never someone to play up top alone with no service, his goals came from service and support. Now we are experiencing a player rank out of form/confidence who is being played in a multitude of systems and under 3 managers in 1.25 seasons.

I still rate him as I rate Erik, the clubs killed him, not the other way round

Soldado was a top top player in Spain but playing in a system that suited him. They took a successful player in a system and tried to make him something he wasn't under AVB and that was a lone striker.

I honestly believe the AVB era killed him, he was never someone to play up top alone with no service, his goals came from service and support. Now we are experiencing a player rank out of form/confidence who is being played in a multitude of systems and under 3 managers in 1.25 seasons.

I still rate him as I rate Erik, the clubs killed him, not the other way round

I agree, but I don't think anyone has 'killed him'. His goalscoring touch has gone, but not his overall quality. Both last season and this I've seen enough of his technique and intelligence to see there is still a quality player there, just needs a run in the team now...

I agree, but I don't think anyone has 'killed him'. His goalscoring touch has gone, but not his overall quality. Both last season and this I've seen enough of his technique and intelligence to see there is still a quality player there, just needs a run in the team now...

The problem is its not 1994 where a team will play two up top and you can get that run, in our system he just wont get the games.

The problem is its not 1994 where a team will play two up top and you can get that run, in our system he just wont get the games.

If he continues to progress from his performance against Villa in one of the slots behind the striker I beg to differ...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Soldado looks OK as a front man when the right players are behind him. In pre-season and some of the cup matches you can see an understanding developing when he's front of the Eriksen/Lamela/Chadli trio of AM's. Goals are still a problem though.

Back