• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP Terry Wogan

paxtonwolf

John White
Veteran BBC broadcaster Sir Terry Wogan has died aged 77, after a short illness, his family has confirmed.
In a statement, they said: "Sir Terry Wogan died today after a short but brave battle with cancer.
"He passed away surrounded by his family. While we understand he will be missed by many, the family ask that their privacy is respected at this time."
BBC director general Tony Hall said: "Terry truly was a national treasure."

He may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but I liked him myself. Once he stopped doing the Eurovision it lost its appeal. Graham Norton couldn't replicate Wogan's sarcasm over the obvious rigged voting that went on.
His chat show on a Monday night was a good watch too.
RIP Tel

He was an institution! From his chat shows as a kid to various bbc appearances he was always likeable. He walked into a restaurant I was in in Kensington, gave him a thumps up and a smile, he touched his forehead with two fingers in reply. Classy Gent.

Last edited:
Ever get the feeling that the pathway that is your life is rolling up behind you at an ever increasing rate?

Thanks for being there Tel.

will always remember his interview with a drunk george best, very underrated, should have done more than just a chat show and a radio 2 gig

I liked him really respected his manner, I do not usually like radio shows but he had one of the best on radio, not to much chatter and a nice manner about him, bet he was a stand up guy.

The wife works in the charity sector and I have heard he was a real driving force behind children in need, not just presenting the show. When our lifes are over we look back and see if we brought joy to people and made the world a better place. He did both.

Rest in peace and have a drink up their old son, you earnt it.

O/T this year is being a cnut for the good guys popping their cloggs aint it.

I liked him really respected his manner, I do not usually like radio shows but he had one of the best on radio, not to much chatter and a nice manner about him, bet he was a stand up guy.

The wife works in the charity sector and I have heard he was a real driving force behind children in need, not just presenting the show. When our lifes are over we look back and see if we brought joy to people and made the world a better place. He did both.

Rest in peace and have a drink up their old son, you earnt it.

O/T this year is being a cnut for the good guys popping their cloggs aint it.
Here here. Agree with your last sentence was gutted to learn of the death of Alan Rickman, one of my favourite character actors.

Tasteless clams.

CaFYNe2XEAA1BM8.jpg

will always remember his interview with a drunk george best, very underrated, should have done more than just a chat show and a radio 2 gig
He should be remembered for his work with Children In Need, that is what matters, not TV/Radio chit chat

Back