• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP Jimmy Greaves.

Very sad to learn of his passing. But not surprised, given his recent health issues.

Danny Blanchflower was the apple of my grandad's eye, both being Ulstermen. But as my granda educated me about Spurs, he never held back his admiration for Jimmy Greaves.

"If Danny's doing his job, he's getting the ball to Greaves to score the goals", is what he told me.

I've loved Spurs all these years because of what Belfast's John McIntyre taught me. And an awareness and appreciation of Jimmy Greaves has been fundamental in that connection. RIP Jimmy. You were as good as it gets.

We need a statue of Jimmy at WHL. It's not something some of us want or should hope to see. It's something needed. They say no player is bigger than the club. No one ever connected with Spurs is bigger than Jimmy Greaves. Get it done, Daniel Levy and get it done soon.

Very sad to learn of his passing. But not surprised, given his recent health issues.

Danny Blanchflower was the apple of my grandad's eye, both being Ulstermen. But as my granda educated me about Spurs, he never held back his admiration for Jimmy Greaves.

"If Danny's doing his job, he's getting the ball to Greaves to score the goals", is what he told me.

I've loved Spurs all these years because of what Belfast's John McIntyre taught me. And an awareness and appreciation of Jimmy Greaves has been fundamental in that connection. RIP Jimmy. You were as good as it gets.

We need a statue of Jimmy at WHL. It's not something some of us want or should hope to see. It's something needed. They say no player is bigger than the club. No one ever connected with Spurs is bigger than Jimmy Greaves. Get it done, Daniel Levy and get it done soon.

Definitely.
And then he can name the very top tier the Greaves level.

I'm surprised no ones mentioned that Spurs do not have any intention or do not believe in giving statues to any past players/managers to be put around the ground.Not sure why they've taken that stance, currently i can only name a few people that deserve one at the end of the day,Jimmy being one at least,Bill Nic, Arthur Rowe maybe......anyone in the last 25 years no one really...so why the snub??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Jimmy-Greaves-despite-club-legends-death.html

I'm surprised no ones mentioned that Spurs do not have any intention or do not believe in giving statues to any past players/managers to be put around the ground.Not sure why they've taken that stance, currently i can only name a few people that deserve one at the end of the day,Jimmy being one at least,Bill Nic, Arthur Rowe maybe......anyone in the last 25 years no one really...so why the snub??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Jimmy-Greaves-despite-club-legends-death.html

They had a pitch full of them yesterday.

My mate has this picture. How good is that? View attachment 12799

Can't express enough enjoyment at this type of old-school photography. Probably shot on a 4x5 or medium format camera that allowed for such wide expanses of area to be covered, yet provided the quality to allow tighter cropping to the focal point of the image. Shows off the packed stands and old ground's architecture so well. Fabulous shot.

Great that they're showing it, but why so late ?

Many will have seen it on BT ... any opinions on whether it is X-rated ?

His style of football, success, and humanity is a much better example than many of the tw@ts touted as role models nowadays.

What a amazing life he had! What a joy it must have been for JG to have had this life and felt so much love…
To bad he had to be sick for some time.
He lived the dream!
RIP.

Found it! Had no idea where it was then realised it was in the loft of my garage wrapped up in bubble wrap!

This is why we haven't been good people, this has to go on the spurs wall!

I never knew him (knew one of his grandaughters) but to have him write it to me personally makes me kind of choke now.

16369051289525080030275533705542.jpg

Found it! Had no idea where it was then realised it was in the loft of my garage wrapped up in bubble wrap!

This is why we haven't been good people, this has to go on the spurs wall!

I never knew him (knew one of his grandaughters) but to have him write it to me personally makes me kind of choke now.

View attachment 13122
Very nice.
My sister lived next door to one of his grandaughters, her hubby played pro but can't remember who for.

Back