• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Its Paratici and Conte who will ultimately pull the trigger not us, I just dont see the point in getting so worked up about it.

Who is getting worked up? Again its a football forum the last time I looked where people could discuss the bones out of all things Spurs and otherwise. Some like the idea of this signing, some don't not really that deep to suggest people are getting worked up

I dont think anyone has said 'If we dont get Richarlison, Jesus or Rashford we dont want anyone' have they? There's been debate about the fit of Richarlison with what we need given the links today

Who is 'settling' for the first three players linked?

Where have I said that? My point was it seems that the rumour from earlier, which now turns out to be well premature seems to have had people justifying why we should do it where I would prefer to keep my powder dry and hope for better.

Where have I said that? My point was it seems that the rumour from earlier, which now turns out to be well premature seems to have had people justifying why we should do it where I would prefer to keep my powder dry and hope for better.

Out of curiosity who do you think is better?

you said: "I do think it's silly that people seem to be happy to settle for the first three players linked"

Hence me asking: Who is 'settling' for the first three players linked?

I don't understand your conclusion that people are settling for Jesus, Richarlison or Rashford (irrespective of whether they are available, gettable, the right player etc etc)

Out of curiosity who do you think is better?

What in world football? I would say plenty but I am not going to go down the route of endlessly naming players. I dont think we need to spend 50m on a player that marginally improves the bench TBH.

Like I have said I don't ever watch Everton and say "wow he is great", equally I am sure if I looked back on all the Everton threads or dream player lists on threads he would feature little if at all, as a guess.

I would much more rather invest 60/70m in seriously upgrading the CM area where we have been weak for a few years now TBH and worry about this area later in the window, but thats just my opinion and its a game of opinions

I don't understand your conclusion that people are settling for Jesus, Richarlison or Rashford (irrespective of whether they are available, gettable, the right player etc etc)

Because people seem to talking with a huge level of contentment of them being the only real options out there when they have been the first three players linked in the window. Even now people are asking "who is better". Its just an observation

What in world football? I would say plenty but I am not going to go down the route of endlessly naming players. I dont think we need to spend 50m on a player that marginally improves the bench TBH.

Like I have said I don't ever watch Everton and say "wow he is great", equally I am sure if I looked back on all the Everton threads or dream player lists on threads he would feature little if at all, as a guess.

I would much more rather invest 60/70m in seriously upgrading the CM area where we have been weak for a few years now TBH and worry about this area later in the window, but thats just my opinion and its a game of opinions

We can do both though.

Of course but for me there are other areas in the first 11 that needs upgrading if we are truly going to compete before we pay 50m for a water boy

It's a priority area. Bergwijn is off, we have no cover for kane. With cl next season we have a lot of important games. Yes we need a cb, rwb, and cm. Which we are working on. But we also need someone that can cover the forward positions. Forwards are the most expensive players.

It's a priority area. Bergwijn is off, we have no cover for kane. With cl next season we have a lot of important games. Yes we need a cb, rwb, and cm. Which we are working on. But we also need someone that can cover the forward positions. Forwards are the most expensive players.

I would say strengthening the first 11 would be more a priority for me and like I say this forums about personal opinions.

Anyway been a game debate, some want him some don't, that's that's sport, all about opinions.

Take it easy chaps

Arguing (debating) these transfers is on a parallel with two bald blokes fighting over a comb. These are fairytales, the only people who know what's happening are at the club and they aren't going to tell someone sitting at home in their underwear on their laptop their plans.

If the links to richarlison, jesus and rashford are true then I think globally there is a dearth of applicable options for that priority role of being able to both be Kane cover/alternative and a wide forward option.

Richarlison at £50m is likely the best option achievable. And lets not forget he is a player with potential to be a lot better than he is now. And by that I mean top drawer.

Only better one could be Mikel Oyarzabal but obviously he is unproven in the prem and who knows how much Sociedad would want.

If the links to richarlison, jesus and rashford are true then I think globally there is a dearth of applicable options for that priority role of being able to both be Kane cover/alternative and a wide forward option.

Or, again if those links are true, we're placing a high priority on familiarity with the PL, for this position at least

But even if not, we're probably looking for someone who is as good as, or not far off, Kale Son and Kulu levels. I'd imagine we want someone who can rotate with those 3 without a huge drop off in level. That doesnt leave many players irrespective of PL experience...and then you rule out some who are ungetable, and the list probably isn't long at all

To me, if we can get Richarlison for £50m (incl add-ons) and wages of say £130k-£150k (given he's on £90k now), thats a good deal

Wouldn't be high on my list, but what do i know. If Conte wants him that's good enough for me.
If the rumours of him and spence are true, yeah i know, then it looks like we might be targeting a certain personality type, chip on the shoulder, moody bugger with something to prove.

Wouldn't be high on my list, but what do i know. If Conte wants him that's good enough for me.
If the rumours of him and spence are true, yeah i know, then it looks like we might be targeting a certain personality type, chip on the shoulder, moody bugger with something to prove.

Heard a lot of spurs fans say he wouldn't be high on their list today. But who would be higher that can play all 3 forward positions? Not a dig, i'm genuinely curious. I'm not an expert on players outside of spurs.

We've probably got 55 games next season (hopefully more). For the 3 front positions that is 165 to cover. You could have kane starting 43, son starting 42 and kulu and richarlison starting 40 each. Let alone sub appearances.

Exactly this. When I saw this yesterday my initial reaction was - well he plays off the left or up front and we already have Son and Kane. Then I thought - ok he will be good back up for both of those.

Then I concluded further, that Son can actually play right (not that I like him there) and Richardson left - if we wanted to rest Kulu. Maybe Richarlison can play right himself but I don’t remember him there a lot.

There’s also other options such as Kane playing in the hole and Son and Richarlison up top, in like a 3412. That’s quite exciting also.

My overall conclusion is that it would be a very good squad signing.

Of course but for me there are other areas in the first 11 that needs upgrading if we are truly going to compete before we pay 50m for a water boy

If you see him being a "water boy" I can understand why you think he would be a lie priority signing.

Personally I think better options for the front three is very important at this point. I'm guessing we agree that we don't want to go into next season with Lucas as the best and most proven option for the front three.

For short term quality for the front three, and someone that can play in the central and at least one wide role, I'm not sure we can realistically do much better than Richarlison.

Paratici seems quite good at spinning a lot of plates at the same time. I'm zero percent concerned about going for Richarlison (or another front three option) impacting our ability to target players in other positions.

If you see him being a "water boy" I can understand why you think he would be a lie priority signing.

Personally I think better options for the front three is very important at this point. I'm guessing we agree that we don't want to go into next season with Lucas as the best and most proven option for the front three.

For short term quality for the front three, and someone that can play in the central and at least one wide role, I'm not sure we can realistically do much better than Richarlison.

Paratici seems quite good at spinning a lot of plates at the same time. I'm zero percent concerned about going for Richarlison (or another front three option) impacting our ability to target players in other positions.
With the exception of Foster for obvious reasons, all of our signings since Paratici/Conte combination have been players of the quality to be in the first team. Bentancur, Kulu, Perisic. Now you can debate how highly you rate Richarlison, but it is quite clear that Conte rates highly enough to be good to challenge for a first team spot in the same way Jesus/Rashford etc would. The guy works his socks off and got 10 PL goals playing for a terrible Everton team, he is one of Brazil’s first choice forwards and has good numbers for them - he could easily elevate his stats here….

Back