• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I cant say that I follow opposition players personalities closely enough to comment. From what I've seen on the pitch, he seems determined and driven given he works hard; he seems to have an edge to his personality like Dele and Lamela did but we've always been a bit soft so that's not a bad thing.

In terms of whether he'd play, I wouldn't say that its a given that Kulu would get in ahead of Richarlison in our strongest 11

Deki is hugely above him, he is one of the best wingers in the league on form

I'm just explaining that there's a difference between a player he actively wants to sign and a list of players he is happy to take one from because they tick the right boxes.

Trusting in Conte on transfers is as much about trusting the rest of the committee as well in that respect

Fair enough.

Can’t they both be good at what they do on their own merit? Richarlison has yet to play in England for a great mandate and good stable team

Everton fans not happy. Think he's undervalued and that he should be going to madrid or psg instead.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/richarlison.113282/page-508

Thats good to see

Feels a bit like the Mane story to me. Scored 1 in 3 for Southampton and then went to Liverpool. Richarlison has about the same 1 in 3 record at Everton, and Everton and Southampton have been broadly the same level for the last few years

Add in his record for Brazil, this is a deal which I'd do in a heart-beat (and even more so as Arsenal want him!)

Deki is hugely above him, he is one of the best wingers in the league on form

Deki has had some stinkers which is why he was dropped in a couple of games. I’m a big fan, he’s been a brilliant signing but he’s still young and a little hit and miss.

Thats good to see

Feels a bit like the Mane story to me. Scored 1 in 3 for Southampton and then went to Liverpool. Richarlison has about the same 1 in 3 record at Everton, and Everton and Southampton have been broadly the same level for the last few years

Add in his record for Brazil, this is a deal which I'd do in a heart-beat (and even more so as Arsenal want him!)

Interesting comparison. Never really rated Mane as anything special at Soton and funnily enough the thing that stuck out for me was that he was a bit of a diver!

Think he would be a very good addition personally. Right age, PL experience, good at quite a few different things. Right kind of profile where I think he could at least do a job as a striker giving us more cover for Kane, but at the same time good (probably better) playing wide meaning that he would get game time.

He's been at times at least a standout player in some rather poor teams. If he can translate that to playing when better in a more functional side with much better players around him he could be really good. Showing singns of that at the very least for Brazil. If Paratici and Conte thinks he fits the mould I'm all for it.

Think he would be a very good addition personally. Right age, PL experience, good at quite a few different things. Right kind of profile where I think he could at least do a job as a striker giving us more cover for Kane, but at the same time good (probably better) playing wide meaning that he would get game time.

He's been at times at least a standout player in some rather poor teams. If he can translate that to playing when better in a more functional side with much better players around him he could be really good. Showing singns of that at the very least for Brazil. If Paratici and Conte thinks he fits the mould I'm all for it.

Hopefully we can do £40m plus Winks. Due to ffp I’m sure they have no money to spend and Richarlison has two years left on his contract I think.

Everton fans are up in arms at the reported £51m they would get saying it should be at least £65m plus a player!

Hopefully we can do £40m plus Winks. Due to ffp I’m sure they have no money to spend and Richarlison has two years left on his contract I think.

Everton fans are up in arms at the reported £51m they would get saying it should be at least £65m plus a player!

Not just ffp. Usminov was bankrolling them and his companies sponsoring them. He's still under sanctions.

Deki has had some stinkers which is why he was dropped in a couple of games. I’m a big fan, he’s been a brilliant signing but he’s still young and a little hit and miss.

Equally contributed in something like 13 out of 18 games, that's phenomenal start to his career

Reactions: DTA
Equally contributed in something like 13 out of 18 games, that's phenomenal start to his career

I don't disagree but he was awful in a couple of games and got dropped deservedly. It might also mean there will be a case for leaving Kane and Son out because the drop off in quality will now be far less than going to Lucas or Bergwijn. Richarlison is a far better player than either. Or we might just be able to rest some of our front 3 against weaker sides given how many big games we'll have next season.

We can't rely on playing 3 up the pitch and sticking with Kane, Deki and Son because injuries and even form might mean they've to miss games. For that reason a Richarlison, Jesus or Rashford makes lots of sense.

We've probably got 55 games next season (hopefully more). For the 3 front positions that is 165 to cover. You could have kane starting 43, son starting 42 and kulu and richarlison starting 40 each. Let alone sub appearances.

I don't disagree but he was awful in a couple of games and got dropped deservedly. It might also mean there will be a case for leaving Kane and Son out because the drop off in quality will now be far less than going to Lucas or Bergwijn. Richarlison is a far better player than either. Or we might just be able to rest some of our front 3 against weaker sides given how many big games we'll have next season.

We can't rely on playing 3 up the pitch and sticking with Kane, Deki and Son because injuries and even form might mean they've to miss games. For that reason a Richarlison, Jesus or Rashford makes lots of sense.

Equally in the whole of European football I do think it's silly that people seem to be happy to settle for the first three players linked, it's literally opening days of the window I expect alot out happen and hopefully better to transpire

Equally in the whole of European football I do think it's silly that people seem to be happy to settle for the first three players linked, it's literally opening days of the window I expect alot out happen and hopefully better to transpire

Its Paratici and Conte who will ultimately pull the trigger not us, I just dont see the point in getting so worked up about it.

Perhaps they have looked at the market internationally and see Richarlison as the best value out there considering price, proven in prem and with Brazil.

If they want someone who is completely comfortable as a striker and wide, how many top class alternatives are out there that are attainable?

They may well have done a calc and concluded Richarlison at say £50m is the best bet.

I dont think anyone has said 'If we dont get Richarlison, Jesus or Rashford we dont want anyone' have they? There's been debate about the fit of Richarlison with what we need given the links today

Who is 'settling' for the first three players linked?

Back