• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

The Jesus deal is a poor one imo. They are being absolutely shafted on the fee for a player surplus to requirements with one year left on his contract. He’s worth £45m under a lengthy contract. Look what we got Bissouma for when he had a year left.

And the wages? Oh my how this guy can get £280k a week is absolutely staggering imo. £140k a week tops. All in all an awful bit of business.

not if he scores regularly and gets them in the champions league.

If he was an out and out striker yes, it's a bit much. But he covers more than one position. It will be rotation rather than a first XI and second XI. Same in midfield and hopefully defence. He'll start in some games instead of son, in others instead of kane, possibly instead of kulu. Over a 60 game season that will be a lot of starts.

Fully agreed.

We really need to upgrade on our non starting 11, we need better options from the bench, better rotation options, better options when players are injured or off form.

Getting someone better than the current starting front three is very difficult, if not impossible. Getting the best possible player is the sensible decision. Those will often cost quite a lot of money. When we now have money to spend that's a sensible prioritisation.

He would be a bit of a bargain if he does that yes because it would take a Bale or Hazard to do that, certainly not Gabriel Jesus lol

I disagree Arsenal create enough chances for him to easily get into double digits. He may not score headers or worldies but he will have enough about him to score enough to help them. Better than Nketiah, lacszette etc … worth more points for sure.

They have enough creativity in their midfield lets be honest. It’s their mentality and defensive game that they need to address. They are a few players short of having a solid starting IX.

not worried as of yet but they will be pushing again this year for sure.

I disagree Arsenal create enough chances for him to easily get into double digits. He may not score headers or worldies but he will have enough about him to score enough to help them. Better than Nketiah, lacszette etc … worth more points for sure.

They have enough creativity in their midfield lets be honest. It’s their mentality and defensive game that they need to address. They are a few players short of having a solid starting IX.

Arsenal need to work out how to create though against the better sides
I don’t see how Jesus improves that
For the to get CL they need a few top sides to flop again and to get results against other top 6 sides
IMO a they are set up now to beat the fodder but still not the top sides
And their team hasn’t played the Europa/prem weekly mash up before

I’ll add to my above post
When we brought dele he wasn’t good enough to get in out first team… he made himself good enough
Son… he didn’t get beat the first 11 regularly but he worked harder and now we wouldn’t swap him would we for anyone arguably
We have other extremes like tanguy
But if we’re paying a prem proven “tax” it does come with benefits

Fully agreed.

We really need to upgrade on our non starting 11, we need better options from the bench, better rotation options, better options when players are injured or off form.

Getting someone better than the current starting front three is very difficult, if not impossible. Getting the best possible player is the sensible decision. Those will often cost quite a lot of money. When we now have money to spend that's a sensible prioritisation.
That's the mindset we (the fans) need to shift to.
Plus we have the money. It doesn't feel we are wasting it with this transfer. You could argue it's £10m too much BUT as I say...we have the money. We had to barter before (and people endlessly moaned about it) but now something being the right move, trump's that.

What do you mean?
We'll give them an overpriced £60m for this year's accounts (ends June 30th). They'll give us an overpriced fee for Winks (for example) in July (next financial year) to address the balance (for us).

In their situation their immediate concern is 21/22 accounts

We'll give them an overpriced £60m for this year's accounts (ends June 30th). They'll give us an overpriced fee for Winks (for example) in July (next financial year) to address the balance (for us).

In their situation their immediate concern is 21/22 accounts
I don’t think the fee is over priced when you consider Jesus and rafinhas fees and the fee they paid Watford

He's not the most clinical of finishers and playing for Emirates Marketing Project meant that he was in a pretty good environment for chances already and never forced himself into being played on a more regular basis by scoring enough to not be ignored. At Arsenal double digits should be a minimum expectation for a player being signed for that money, on that (alleged) wage, who will likely be a starter.

Compare that to Richarlison who is (if he comes) stepping up his work environment and the colleagues around him so we can reasonably expect an increase on output that was already pretty fair.

Last edited:
He's not the most clinical of finishers and playing for Emirates Marketing Project meant that he was in a pretty good environment for chances already and never forced himself into being played on a more regular basis by scoring enough to not be ignored. At Arsenal double digits should be a minimum expectation for a player being signed for that money, on that (alleged wage) who will likely be a starter.

Compare that to Richarlison who is (if he comes) stepping up his work environment and the colleagues around him so we can reasonably expect an increase on output that was already pretty fair.

My only slight concern is how well Richarlison will do covering all or at least two of the front three roles.

I really struggle to see him not being a success on the left as an option for Kane.

Kulusevski's role is rather different to Son's, and playing on the right for us may not be as natural for Richarlison as playing on the left.

Kane's role, essentially doing everything at a really high level is similarly difficult to fulfill. We will have to adjust somewhat probably if Richarlison plays instead of Kane. Not only on him, but on all the players to adjust.

That being said I don't know of any players that would be more likely to be able to do those things. We still don't know if we may target other forwards. So definitely all for signing Richarlison. And I think he's a better fit for us than Jesus. But that may be because Jesus is going to that lot.

My only slight concern is how well Richarlison will do covering all or at least two of the front three roles.

I really struggle to see him not being a success on the left as an option for Kane.

Kulusevski's role is rather different to Son's, and playing on the right for us may not be as natural for Richarlison as playing on the left.

Kane's role, essentially doing everything at a really high level is similarly difficult to fulfill. We will have to adjust somewhat probably if Richarlison plays instead of Kane. Not only on him, but on all the players to adjust.

That being said I don't know of any players that would be more likely to be able to do those things. We still don't know if we may target other forwards. So definitely all for signing Richarlison. And I think he's a better fit for us than Jesus. But that may be because Jesus is going to that lot.

I suppose that the key is the team dynamic and partnerships that can be formed involving Richarlison.
They won't be mirror images of whoever he replaces/rotates for in the side, but as long is it's of a similar quality and offensive threat, then we'll be happy.

As you say, neither he or anyone else could fully replace Kane, so Conte & team have to ensure that he is not expected to. That if Kane is left out for Richarlison, then the tactics are somewhat tailored to him and how he'll play within the team.

I've also found Son is a lot more effective on the left and central as opposed to the right, so maybe the plan is to use someone else for Kulu's alternative? Could Perisic do it?

Arsenal need to work out how to create though against the better sides
I don’t see how Jesus improves that
For the to get CL they need a few top sides to flop again and to get results against other top 6 sides
IMO a they are set up now to beat the fodder but still not the top sides
And their team hasn’t played the Europa/prem weekly mash up before

He will get goals as Woolwich are playground bullies, they will get 3 or 4 against lower teams but I dont see them any stronger physically or mentally. Playing extra games will be hard for them.

He will get goals as Woolwich are playground bullies, they will get 3 or 4 against lower teams but I dont see them any stronger physically or mentally. Playing extra games will be hard for them.

I'm not so sure, he scored 8 goals last season in the PL, 4 against Watford, then 1 against Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool and I forget the other team.

He tends to score against teams that allow space, when he comes up against the park the bus defence that lower teams use he's not as effective. I think Arsenal will be lucky to get a dozen goals from him next season.

Back