• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Decent player, but he’s not better than Bergwijn imo, seems a lot of money for not much change in the squad.

We've had a few managers now who haven't given Bergwijn minutes, similar to Rodon. I actually like him, but not sure he's good enough to be one of our 4 first choice forwards

Lot of money but the price is the price
Better to get the squad improved

It is a lot of money, but if the club are happy to spend it and if it's true that he is Conte's no.1 attacking target then it's fine by me.

Liverpool will have Salah Darwein Diaz Firmino & Jota next season, City obviously will have a similar number of players & quality to call on - i feel this is a move that brings us a step closer to those two clubs in that area of squad management

It is a lot of money, but if the club are happy to spend it and if it's true that he is Conte's no.1 attacking target then it's fine by me.

Liverpool will have Salah Darwein Diaz Firmino & Jota next season, City obviously will have a similar number of players & quality to call on - i feel this is a move that brings us a step closer to those two clubs in that area of squad management
Yeah I agree
I really like bergwein but conte clearly doesn’t
Any player we can get that actually improves options, in what is already a great attack is of real benefit
And this should polish Moura down the order which shows improvements in the options

He’s a good fit for us. We’ve struggled to cover Kane and Richarlison does that and more. Yes it’s a lot for a player who isn’t a technical wizard or have much pace. When Diaz was less etc but it is all about a good fit this signing, and Richarlison has potential to become more prolific. The work rate and application are there. Can he become more clinical?

He’s a good fit for us. We’ve struggled to cover Kane and Richarlison does that and more. Yes it’s a lot for a player who isn’t a technical wizard or have much pace. When Diaz was less etc but it is all about a good fit this signing, and Richarlison has potential to become more prolific. The work rate and application are there. Can he become more clinical?
He is quite clinical
And he goals and assist numbers stack up almost as well as mane
The guy is a better player than I think most want to credit
He is also a horrible one to play against (unless your Romero)

Salah is the only one now who doesn’t have to bow and pay homage to Son and Kane.

I know, I know...around 60 games next season, 5 subs and all that....and I like the idea of him...but £60m for a non-first XI player?

I know, I know...around 60 games next season, 5 subs and all that....and I like the idea of him...but £60m for a non-first XI player?

If he was an out and out striker yes, it's a bit much. But he covers more than one position. It will be rotation rather than a first XI and second XI. Same in midfield and hopefully defence. He'll start in some games instead of son, in others instead of kane, possibly instead of kulu. Over a 60 game season that will be a lot of starts.

If he was an out and out striker yes, it's a bit much. But he covers more than one position. It will be rotation rather than a first XI and second XI. Same in midfield and hopefully defence. He'll start in some games instead of son, in others instead of kane, possibly instead of kulu. Over a 60 game season that will be a lot of starts.
I get that, but Kane isn't used to being rotated at Club or International level, and as he's on a stat hunt, so I can't see him accepting that...he chooses when he plays.
So rotating for Son/Kulu is the option...which for a Brereton / Watkins level is fine, but £60m's worth of bench-warmer feels excessive.

I get that, but Kane isn't used to being rotated at Club or International level, and as he's on a stat hunt, so I can't see him accepting that...he chooses when he plays.
So rotating for Son/Kulu is the option...which for a Brereton / Watkins level is fine, but £60m's worth of bench-warmer feels excessive.

Even kane knows he can't play 60 games, especially with a world cup in the middle of the season. Say he plays 50. Son plays 50. Kulu plays 50. Thats 30 starts for richarlison possibly unless we start moura.
Not counting injuries.

Kane played 50 games all comps for spurs this season. Including his sub appearances. Son 45.

Richarlison works hard and runs defences. Kane and son might benefit coming on the last 20 minutes to face a tired defence. Kane isn't after the record for most appearances.

Even kane knows he can't play 60 games, especially with a world cup in the middle of the season. Say he plays 50. Son plays 50. Kulu plays 50. Thats 30 starts for richarlison possibly unless we start moura.
Not counting injuries.
£60m though?

Back