• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ricardo Pereira

Well you cannot deny the fact that Mr Levy is predictable

Yep. If he's an in-demand player and being publicly touted about, you have to question the logic of this. In less public transfers (say the Janssen deal) then it probably makes sense

Their source is O Jogo the Portuguese sports paper who are generally on the spot on with whats happening in Portuguese football

Yeah, but I also got excited when O Jogo said we were after Adrien Silva - that seems to have dried up now. :p

Yeah, but I also got excited when O Jogo said we were after Adrien Silva - that seems to have dried up now. :p
How do you know something isn't still going on....Silva is represented by Stellar group agents who Levy has a very good working relationship with after many deals bringing their players into and out of the club.

The Silva deal just doesnt smell right - us spending £26m on a 28 year old who has never played in the PL?

Agreed, it's out of character in terms of the general profile of our acquisitions. But he may be the best we can get - clearly, we're limited by our circumstances this summer, which may drive us to look outside the box for players capable of bringing value to the team *and* being content to do a job from the bench when needed.

How do you know something isn't still going on....Silva is represented by Stellar group agents who Levy has a very good working relationship with after many deals bringing their players into and out of the club.

Well, I hope something's going on, because Silva seems like a good player and Sporting seem reluctant to lose him. But it seems..out of place for me, given that it was reported as 'done' by O Jogo and others, and then there's been no movement for a couple of weeks (and counting).

The Silva deal just doesnt smell right - us spending £26m on a 28 year old who has never played in the PL?

After Sissoko anything is possible. Poch seems to have full control now. Levy's rule book has gone missing.

Well, I hope something's going on, because Silva seems like a good player and Sporting seem reluctant to lose him. But it seems..out of place for me, given that it was reported as 'done' by O Jogo and others, and then there's been no movement for a couple of weeks (and counting).

I guess we've been waiting for a big injection of cash ....about 50 mill worth;).......before finalising a few incomings

Not really

Over the years O Jogo and A Bola are the two papers usually quoted by the British media for all things regarding Portuguese football.

Oh OK, I thought you knew that they were reliable going by your last post

Back