1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Reds

Discussion in 'General Football' started by SpurMeUp, 3 Jan 2019.

1. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Pedro Mendes

2. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Eidur Gudjohnsen

That dog toss should have been number one, brutal challenge.

Was Rijkaard spitting on Voller repeatedly too? fudging disgrace that was.

SpurMeUp likes this.
  3. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Jermaine Jenas

It's disgusting how some of these the player Keane and Cantona in particular, ever got to play again.
    Also how some team mates defend them, shearer asking the ref why he's sending off two players having punch up in the middle of the park.
    Having said that seen much worse than most of those.

4. jts1882

jts1882 Dean Austin

Shearers question is a valid one. It's foul play for fight with an opponent. What is the foul when fighting with a team-mate? There could be a later suspension for bring the game into disrepute, but I'm not sure what the red card offence is.

For instance, this law posted in another thread ...

... suggests that lunging at a team-mate and endangering the safety of a team-mate is within the bounds of the law. The restriction is explicitly limited to opponents.

5. MKSpur

MKSpur Neil Sullivan

Shearer also believes that England players should be allowed to stamp on people and elbow them without reprisals, as long as they are called Alan and play for Newcastle

6. bjholmem

bjholmem Stephen Kelly

Throwing punches at your teammate is definitely covered by by the laws of the game. I think the term is "violent conduct".

Sent from my SM-G950F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

galeforce likes this.
  7. Mr_B

Mr_B Neil Sullivan

nothing like it was back in the 70's, in the 90's david "headmaster" ellerry rereffed the 1970 cup final and i think he said it would have been 7-7 and things have been further sanitized since.