• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp's Autobiography

I've said it before, but I actually think it was a bad day for the English national team when Mourinho failed to get Gerrard to Chelsea. I'm quite confident he would have been able to make it work with the two of them on the pitch at the same time and by doing so he would have presented a template to any national team manager.
That is an excellent point.

A lot of northern players can't bear to leave the north, let alone go abroad. What are the stats for players from different countries playing in different leagues?

What is astonishing about Carrick is that even after moving to United and becoming a fixture in their side, frequently the best team in England and one of the top 5 teams in Europe, he's still been overlooked for England so often. That's a bit special, considering that even squad players at top PL sides tend to get a lot of games for England.

On paper a midfield 3 with Carrick, Gerrard and Lampard looks really special to me. And it looks like a fantastic midfield 3 for international football. And it looks like a midfield 3 that would get the best out of those players a lot of the time.

As long is it isn't Gerrard and Lampard in a 4-4-2. The side needs someone to sit in front of the back four. The logical choice is to play Carrick. But I still reckon Roy will bottle and play Lampard or he'll play 4-3-3 with Wheelchair alongside the two. Can someone please tell me what Wheelchair is so good at? For someone who gets forward quite a lot, his end product isn't the best and he doesn't score many goals.

Can you name a few players who are ball winners?

I think that you are asking the wrong person. I am saying that there isn't a role for ball winners in sides at international tournaments. Interceptions and forcing bad passes are far more important than tackling in modern football.

Harry not a happy chappy today :lol:

[video=youtube;V1sg5m7nY4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sg5m7nY4U[/video]

Ball thrown at angry Harry Redknapp's face by Millwall fan before QPR concede a goal

The ball bounces off the side of Harry Redknapps face in comical fashion, just a few moments before it bounces into the QPR goal

In what was a fairly awful 20 seconds for Harry Redknapp, the QPR manager shouted at Millwall fans at the The Den, before being hit in the face by a football.

An already angry Redknapp then had a renewed war of words with Millwall fans, before Jermaine Easter buried a goal to draw Millwall level against QPR in stoppage-time.

It's a mystery as to quite what Harry Redknapp was doing taking the entirety of the Den's East Stand to task, but his ego might have taken a bit of a bruising, even if the side of his face survived relatively unscathed.

Let's hope the knock to the head doesn't hamper his ability to recall the incident for his next autobiography.

It wasn't all bad news for Harry though, QPR lie second in the table and remain undefeated in the Championship this season.

Can someone please tell me what Wheelchair is so good at? For someone who gets forward quite a lot, his end product isn't the best and he doesn't score many goals.

He's similar to Iniesta for me (althought obviously not quite at that level). He doesn't contribute many goals. But like Iniesta, is usually heavily involved in the buildup for many goals. Wheelchair is one of a very few England players who is very comfortable on the ball under pressure, and therefore when fully fit, i think he has to be one of the first names on any England team sheet.

He's similar to Iniesta for me (althought obviously not quite at that level). He doesn't contribute many goals. But like Iniesta, is usually heavily involved in the buildup for many goals. Wheelchair is one of a very few England players who is very comfortable on the ball under pressure, and therefore when fully fit, i think he has to be one of the first names on any England team sheet.

Just don't see what the massive hype is about. You get people calling him our great hope as if he can win us the World Cup by himself. He's been poor this season up until the last two Scum games.

yeah i agree. he has been relatively average for a few months now (starting from the last quarter of last season). but i would still maintain that he is potentially an excellent player. and i guess part of the reason he is so highly rated by some arsenal and england fans is due to the "hype" surrounding players such as iniesta, fabregas, mata etc - and Wheelchair is probably the closest English equivalent to those guys.

yeah i agree. he has been relatively average for a few months now (starting from the last quarter of last season). but i would still maintain that he is potentially an excellent player. and i guess part of the reason he is so highly rated by some arsenal and england fans is due to the "hype" surrounding players such as iniesta, fabregas, mata etc - and Wheelchair is probably the closest English equivalent to those guys.

Most of the hype comes from him having one great game against Barcelona. He hasn't achieved much in his career so far to justify the buzz.

Not quite! :ross:

I think that's a bit of an understatement. Wheelchair is to Iniesta as Rasiak is to Ronaldo.

As for one of he first names on the teamsheet? Under any sensible manager that picks on merit there'd have to be 5 or 6 injuries in midfield before he gets off the bench.

Fair play to Harry for giving it some to the stands in that case, defending your staff/mates is something to be applauded...

I've said it before, but I actually think it was a bad day for the English national team when Mourinho failed to get Gerrard to Chelsea. I'm quite confident he would have been able to make it work with the two of them on the pitch at the same time and by doing so he would have presented a template to any national team manager.

They can play together, they are just not quite good enough.

Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard all decent players, but not at the top,top level, too similar because all there lack, finesse, agility and guile. But there are no English midfielders who do have have it. Which is why they always failed for England

Lampards probably the best of the three IMO, but without a foreign players with better technical ability next to either of them, they were alwyas going to be outplayed by better midfields.

Lampard still going strong, because he has Mata, Hazard and Oscar next to him.

Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard all decent players, but not at the top,top level, too similar because all there lack, finesse, agility and guile. But there are no English midfielders who do have have it. Which is why they always failed for England

Lampards probably the best of the three IMO, but without a foreign players with better technical ability next to either of them, they were alwyas going to be outplayed by better midfields.

Nonsense. They were all world class midfielders. They never got it done for England but that doesn't mean you should rewrite history. All of them lead thier teams to multiple trophies. Scholes especially was an incredible player, had everything.

Schole's only a 'decent' player!? Now you're definitely on a wind up.

If you want one English player who was good enough technically and footballing intelligence-wise to play for a top European team/country, it'd be Paul Scholes.

It's only in this country that he'd be so criminally underrated and lumped together with Gerrard and Lampard IMO, when he was superior to either of those players by some distance.

Are you for real?

Lampard better than Scholes and Gerrard? It's 1. Scholes 2. Gerrard 3. Lampard

Lampard and Gerrard could play in a 3 man midfield, but they absolutely cannot play in a two man central midfield as they both like to get forward. If you had 5 world class strikers, you wouldn't play all of them, you would pick the best 1 or 2.

Have to say, back to the thread title, I think Harry's book is thoroughly entertaining.

It underscores a deep-roted feeling I've had about him for ages though...that if he could simply have had the focus to fix on one thing at a time, he'd have ended up winning something with us and probably having a statue built.

The last 6 months before he was ousted are a cartoon; that he denied any of it affected our season, when he repeats over and over how ****-scared he was during the court case (and I absolutely understand he would be - anyone would!) is just bizarre!

Deep down, you're left with the feeling that he enjoys great football, has some tremendous charm, but at heart lacks the deep-lying confidence to really believe in himself. It's also very very insightful when he discusses his anger at the treatment of Bobby Moore, and to a lesser extent Best, but most certainly Moore. He actually says that was the moment he realized that he had to look after number 1 regardless of anything...

Back