• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Ancelotti built up a lot of credit and to be fair, his sacking was ridiculous. AVB had the best team in the country, and was struggling to get them finishing top five, let alone top four. Just so I can clarify this logically, these are my opinions.

Chelsea have a better first XI than Spurs.
Chelsea have a better squad than Spurs.
Redknapp had us finishing above Chelsea.
The main reason for that was that Chelsea underperformed under AVB.
You want AVB to replace Redknapp despite the fact that Redknapp had an inferior team outperforming AVB's better team?

Chelsea had the 2-3rd best team in country - City were a level up on everyone else

So you're factually concluding AVB is a worse manager than Redknapp based on 8 months of play?

It's not about being a Spurs man , its about being a manager i.e. publicly putting the interests of what one is representing ahead of all other considerations.

And as stated elsewhere once Capello got fired did Redknapp ever say he wanted to leave Spurs and be England Manager? I heard him say he'd be very flattered being offered the job and he'd seriously have to consider it (what English manger wouldn't?!) which is exactly the same as what Hodgson said when originally linked. I also heard Redknapp say it was unfair to speculate because he was still Spurs Manager.

Based on that he didn't get on with the Chelsea players. He won't get on with ours either. He is tainted goods in English football. The players will have zero respect for him, especially those based in London who are mates with the Chelsea players. The whole celebrate with me on the touchline thing demonstrates how out of touch culturally he is with the English game too. If he stays in English football he needs to manage a club with low expectations that he can comfortably take to mid-table for a couple of seasons and rebuild his reputation. But his best option is to go abroad and start a new. In fact I'd go one step further than that and would suggest he needs to go back to Portugal where he understands the culture and learn the trade for three or four more seasons.

I don't know why he wouldn't get on with our players. Almost everyone that commented on the Chelsea situation put the blame firmly at the players' door and said they gave him poor treatment. They just didn't take to his system, and then it spiralled from there. It wasn't the right fit.

The celebrate on the touchline thing is an attempt to show unity when everyone said the Chelsea dressing room was fractured. Not a terrible idea, and I don't think that puts him in the position of not being able to understand English players.

I think our players will be a lot more receptive to new ideas than the Chelsea guys, not least because they will actually suit his style of play. And I don't think, if AVB was appointed, they would decide to say 'Well I ain't listening to him because JT said he was a bit of a clown shoe', because it's not like JT is the oracle as far as professional footballers go, where they will blindly follow anything he says.

It's not about being a Spurs man , its about being a manager i.e. publicly putting the interests of what one is representing ahead of all other considerations.

It's never been about 'them Tottnum' - always pushing his own agenda, always making sure everyone hears about his achievement but never acknowledging short-comings blaming everyone and everything instead

he didnt say he would seriously have to consider it, he said he would love to manage his country and he would be honourd and if the england job was offered to him he cant say no.

but all this was prior to the england job being availabbels

Personally i think AVB is an overhyped clown. The guy gives off the impression that he's some kind of master tactician with his ridiculous squatting and his even more ridiculous hands on hip gesture (or that one hand on hip and the other on chin that he also does) but his decision making, tactics, hell even team selections at Chelski was utterly fudging brick to say the least. Did you see the incident where he was trying to talk to Ashley Cole in a champions league game? i mean how fudging embarrassing. It was painfully obvious nobody from the chelsea squad had have an ounce of respect for him and tbh i can't blame them. All style and no substance.

The only reason he has a bit of credibility left in this country is because of his name. If he was a "Joe Smith" fudging Wrexham Fc would be using his cv to wipe their asses with after taking a stinking dump.

Chelsea had the 2-3rd best team in country - City were a level up on everyone else

So you're factually concluding AVB is a worse manager than Redknapp based on 8 months of play?

OK, let me spin this around. Why is AVB clearly a better manager than what we have? He was successful at Porto (wow fudging wee! Let's bring in Neil Lennon :ross: ) but he understands the culture there. What has he demonstrated so clearly to you, that he is a better Manager at his young tender age for an ENGLISH team over Redknapp?

Chelsea's first XI is better than City's IMO.

8 months of play and assuming that how one manager performs at a club is totally down to how good he is and not down to other factors at play.

It's like saying Swansea were mad to appoint Rodgers when they were hoping to become a PL club after he failed at Reading. How good a manager is, or rather how right he is for the club, doesn't work as simply as is being made out.

This, I don't think Moyes or Wenger, for example, had any affection for Everton or Arsenal when they were appointed managers, but ever since that point they've acted 100% with the best interests of the club at heart, not once would you here ANY manager referring to the club HE manages as "they" and not "we". I just can't fathom what goes through Harry's head when he says these things.

OK, let me spin this around. Why is AVB clearly a better manager than what we have? He was successful at Porto (wow fudging wee! Let's bring in Neil Lennon :ross: ) but he understands the culture there. What has he demonstrated so clearly to you, that he is a better Manager at his young tender age for an ENGLISH team over Redknapp?

Chelsea's first XI is better than City's IMO.

Didn't know Lennon had managed in Portugal better yet won a treble. Need to follow up on that

I think he would be a good replacement if Arry leaves and one with a long-term strategy and system of implemenation - something he was never allowed to carry out at Chelsea. So most definitely one to conisder as a possible replacement

To write him off based on 8 months at a circus club is a joke

8 months of play and assuming that how one manager performs at a club is totally down to how good he is and not down to other factors at play.

It's like saying Swansea were mad to appoint Rodgers when they were hoping to become a PL club after he failed at Reading. How good a manager is, or rather how right he is for the club, doesn't work as simply as is being made out.

Out of interest, why are you so keen to dismiss those 8 months at Chelsea as being irrelevant when judging AVB's managerial ability, and yet you are so keen to highlight 4 months of us under Redknapp to highlight why Redknapp isn't the right man for us?

Klopp was relegated with Mainz then appointed at Dortumund winning the Bundesliga twice in a row. There are many examples of this but to write a manager's career off based on half a season is ridiculous

And as stated elsewhere once Capello got fired did Redknapp ever say he wanted to leave Spurs and be England Manager? I heard him say he'd be very flattered being offered the job and he'd seriously have to consider it (what English manger wouldn't?!) which is exactly the same as what Hodgson said when originally linked. I also heard Redknapp say it was unfair to speculate because he was still Spurs Manager.

And as stated elsewhere, also by me , Harry let the uncertainty run and run. His ego wouldn't allow him to state to the media that he's not taking questions on the England job and that his only concern is winning games for Spurs. If the journalists persisted , he could've got up off his chair and ended the interviews but instead we were subjected to destabilisation at a crucial time in the campaign.

Out of interest, why are you so keen to dismiss those 8 months at Chelsea as being irrelevant when judging AVB's managerial ability, and yet you are so keen to highlight 4 months of us under Redknapp to highlight why Redknapp isn't the right man for us?

No-one is dimissing them - simply demonstarting that is not an objective sample to judge one's managerial career from while in turn concluding he'd be a failure with us - i.e. this is insufficient data

Based on that logic - Redknapp should have simultaneously relegated and bankrupted us back in 2008

Didn't know Lennon had managed in Portugal better yet won a treble. Need to follow up on that

I think he would be a good replacement if Arry leaves and one with a long-term strategy and system of implemenation - something he was never allowed to carry out at Chelsea. So most definitely one to conisder as a possible replacement

To write him off based on 8 months at a circus club is a joke

I'll spell it out for you. Winning domestically with Porto, is no more of an achievement than winning domestically with Celtic. Winning the Europa League? Ramos did that too.

I'm not saying AVB won't be a successful Manager. It's the logic people are putting forward stating he is better than Redknapp which is making me laugh.

Also people want Redknapp out because of his media persona and want to replace him with AVB? AVB was dreadful in front of the press and looked like a complete eccentric arse!

No-one is dimissing them - simply demonstarting that is not an objective sample to judge one's managerial career concluding he'd be a failure with us - i.e. insufficient data
Based on that - Redknapp should have relegated us back in 2008

That's what I was waiting for. Hypocrisy. One struck off my list of people to bother debating against \o/

Mate, in this very thread I have defended the last 4 months of Harry's reign to the hilt and tried to bat off loads of criticism taken against him. What I'm saying is what you are saying - that Harry either needs to be backed or sacked. At least that's what I was saying. But after reading that interview, and after hearing him say that speculation does have an effect on players, and then looking back and seeing that he did nothing to stop speculation when it was good for him but effecting our players last season, that he now needs to go. It riled me. He could have done right by Spurs, he could have done something else. But he didn't give a thought to anyone bar himself. I don't blame him, but I don't think he's the right man for us. And therefore I want him to go so we can get in a manager that we do want.

And I would like AVB for the reasons I put a page or two back that I think you missed. About getting someone in that has ideas at the start of their life cycle. That if we make use of it early we can punch above our weight.

So much of a "long term strategy" he has that he continuously decided to overlook potentially world class youth like Lukaku in meaningless cup games in order to give more minutes to Torres with the faint hope that he might score a few in these meaningless cup games and that will give him the confidence he needed to score in the league (didn't work). He also didn't give ryan Bertrand much of a look in and instead chose to stick with Cole who was in diabolical form at the time. The guy had no long term strategy at all and it had nothing to do with chelsea not letting him carry it out.

Back