• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Real Madrid partnership

mattls

Stephane Dalmat
I'm getting increasingly frustrated that we dont get anything out of this partnership with Real Madrid. It feels like Levy has been mugged off by selling them our two best players in the last 3 years!

I feel after we appointed Poch we should have said once you've assessed the current squad which areas would you like to strengthen in and then spoken to Madrid about some of their squad players who lets face it are much better than our current first 11 and might be keen on a move to the prem. For example, this guy Asier Illarramendi is top draw why are we not getting him snapped up before anyone else, Levy should have a hot line straight to Florentino Pérez!?

http://talksport.com/football/ac-milan-move-secure-loan-deal-real-madrid-midfielder-141028121288

I'm getting increasingly frustrated that we dont get anything out of this partnership with Real Madrid. It feels like Levy has been mugged off by selling them our two best players in the last 3 years!

I feel after we appointed Poch we should have said once you've assessed the current squad which areas would you like to strengthen in and then spoken to Madrid about some of their squad players who lets face it are much better than our current first 11 and might be keen on a move to the prem. For example, this guy Asier Illarramendi is top draw why are we not getting him snapped up before anyone else, Levy should have a hot line straight to Florentino Pérez!?

http://talksport.com/football/ac-milan-move-secure-loan-deal-real-madrid-midfielder-141028121288

Did you ever really expect anything from it? even at the time i felt it was just some Media Guff to overlay the fact we was selling one our best players. And to placate the fans that maybe we would get something out of it. I dont want to be a place where they think they can just loan us their young players to get them up to speed. So then it comes down to them selling players they dont actually want to keep? there are constantly plenty of them. But we are not even in that range. Ozil, Khadeira, Di Maria etc all want better than Spurs.

so like i said. Why even think about it.

I didn't think anyone took this on face value.

It was clearly just PR bluff to help Levy disguise not getting as much for Modric as he should have done (i.e. taking £10m less than Chelsea's offer).

I doubt we'll ever buy or loan a player off them unless it's some deadwood than no-one else is interested in.

I don't recall anything in the partnership stuff about us getting a preferential option on any of their players and I don't think that we have given them first option on any of ours.

I suspect that the partnership was never more than a little bit of information sharing and window dressing to appease our fans.

I don't recall anything in the partnership stuff about us getting a preferential option on any of their players and I don't think that we have given them first option on any of ours.

I suspect that the partnership was never more than a little bit of information sharing and window dressing to appease our fans.

In other words nothing :lol:

It was clearly just PR bluff to help Levy disguise not getting as much for Modric as he should have done (i.e. taking £10m less than Chelsea's offer).

I doubt we'll ever buy or loan a player off them unless it's some deadwood than no-one else is interested in.

Can't believe I'm going to stick up for Levy here, but don't you think he accepted less money just to get him out of the league? And the fact that it was Chelsea who are; A) a rival to us (off the pitch anyway). B) Are stupidly rich added even more to the price tag.

Sold quality to our bitter rivals, and poached two of our best players in decades I would say the partnership is working a treat

Can't believe I'm going to stick up for Levy here, but don't you think he accepted less money just to get him out of the league? And the fact that it was Chelsea who are; A) a rival to us (off the pitch anyway). B) Are stupidly rich added even more to the price tag.

Doesn't add up.
1. We still lose Modric
2. For less money
3. Our direct rivals still benefit.

If we took the extra money from Chelsea we'd at least be ahead in cash.

Like VDV, you mean? ;)

Doesn't add up.
1. We still lose Modric
2. For less money
3. Our direct rivals still benefit.

If we took the extra money from Chelsea we'd at least be ahead in cash.

I'd rather that Spurs were Real Madrid's bitch than Chelsea's, to be fair.

I think we had access to their scouting records, at least some of them. I remember hearing that they gave us a very slick and convincing presentation on Dembele, statistically more effective than Modric. They plumped for Modric as he was the more marketable asset. I guess next to that bog eyed freak they sold Arsenal anyone looks like Adobis.

It makes sense that the Real Madrid database would be very deep but it's not really seemed like we have bought particularly well since Modric. Eriksen, Lloris maybe but the others aren't particularly clever. 15 major signings and only two that would command a real profit?

I'm not saying that they would have spotted the likes of Lloris while others didn't but maybe their info on him was well researched in all things. Just speculating.

I think we had access to their scouting records, at least some of them. I remember hearing that they gave us a very slick and convincing presentation on Dembele, statistically more effective than Modric. They plumped for Modric as he was the more marketable asset. I guess next to that bog eyed freak they sold Arsenal anyone looks like Adobis.

It makes sense that the Real Madrid database would be very deep but it's not really seemed like we have bought particularly well since Modric. Eriksen, Lloris maybe but the others aren't particularly clever. 15 major signings and only two that would command a real profit?

Not doubting Real has a great scouting service but on the other hand why? All they do is wait and see who is the best footballers in sizzling form and name their price

Not doubting Real has a great scouting service but on the other hand why? All they do is wait and see who is the best footballers in sizzling form and name their price

True, we would be much better off with access to say Southampton's database.

But there is so much money in football I could see Real having this, partly as a luxury, partly just because they then really know their players. Now I think about it the players they bring in tend to be quite settled guys. Mega stars yes but no Balotellis or other bad boys. I think they like to know these players inside out.

Back