• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Real Madrid are they really all that?

According to the poll I've put in the Bale thread, They want Mbappe, with Hazard a distant second choice. For manager it's close between Mourinho, Poch, Klopp, and another I can't remember.

Didn't they go something like five years without reaching the CL quarterfinals (before Mourinho)? That would be wilderness for them. Seems unlikely to happen again but would be amusing.

Didn't they go something like five years without reaching the CL quarterfinals (before Mourinho)? That would be wilderness for them. Seems unlikely to happen again but would be amusing.

Yep, i think it was 7 years actually and yeah that's the kind of 'relative wilderness' i was thinking about...

And then they signed Modric. A player to help make the team tick rather than a galactico. Much as I enjoy Real's demise, I would quite have liked to see him get his fifth and put him level with the likes of Costacurta, Maldini and Ronaldo (as well as the early 60s mob).

A CL win for Juventus (and Ronaldo) would really rub it in for Madrid.

Madrid is a mess (I see quite a bit of their games), the problem is they have a toxic culture with both players, fans & manager rotation.

- They either need to follow the Chelsea's model and just spend 150-250M/yr to rely on individual brilliance (their old method with CR, Modric, etc.) to win things or
- Get rid of a lot of players and build a more team ethic focused model

2nd option is highly unlikely, they are just too entitled a culture to wait on results, so I expect manager to get fired, new manager in, they will need to spend big and they will end up with regular cup success, but not a good team (a lot of Madrid's game over last couple of years have just been brick to watch, not a good team/system, very little match control).

I for one would be absolutely entertained if they grabbed Klopp ..

If I was a manager, I'm not sure I'd touch it right now and I never thought I'd say that. They clearly need major restructuring and they don't give managers longer than a few months if they aren't blowing the competition away.

Seems the only attraction is a guaranteed payoff or for someone with a massive/delusional ego who thinks they can make it work.

For a manager like Poch or Klopp it would be a nightmare. They wouldn't get time, but there will always be the temptation that they could be the one to successfully work with the players.

Mourinho would be an interesting case. A short term to rehabilitate his reputation might suit both.

Feel sorry for Real’s incredibly loyal, dedicated fans and their fair playing captain Sergio Ramos. Only kidding, I’m glad they are out. Couldn’t care less about their plastic fans and absolute clam of a captain. Sergio Ramos is the type of person who would unplug your life support machine so he could charge his phone.

Poch should go there in the summer, buy Trippier, lamela and Moura from us in big deals and sell us the past it modric and bale for peanuts.
Get sacked before December and come home to us.

Real Madrid's Brazilian forward Vinicius Jr could be out for two months after tearing ligaments in his right ankle during the defeat by Ajax.

The reigning champions lost 4-1 on Tuesday as they were knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16.

The 18-year-old left the pitch in tears during the first half at the Bernabeu.

A Real Madrid statement said Vinicius, who received his first Brazil call-up last week, has a "torn ligament of the tibiofibular joint in the right leg".

The striker has made 28 appearances this season for Real after joining from Brazilian side Flamengo in the summer.

Real, who had won three successive Champions League titles before this week's exit, sit third in La Liga and are 12 points behind leaders Barcelona after their El Clasico defeat on Saturday.

They have now lost four successive games at home for the third time in the club's history.

Back