• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Real Madrid are they really all that?

NaijaSpurs

Rafael Van Der Vaart
What is it about Real Madrid?

In 1996 Real Madrid hired Fabio Capello who won the league but he was sacked after one season

In 1997 Real Madrid hired Jupp Heynckes who duly won then the Champions League but he was sacked after one season because they finished 4th in the league.

In 1999 Vicente Del Bosque took charge and in 4 seasons he won the Champions League twice 2000 and 2002, and two domestic La Liga titles in 2001 and 2003, a Spanish Supercup in 2001, a UEFA Super Cup in 2002, the Intercontinental Cup in 2002 as well as finishing in the last four of the UEFA Champions League every year he was in charge. They then sacked him the day after he won his second La Liga. I remember hearing that his image was not "sexy" enough to manage the Galacticos.

Since then those ingrates have struggled, strived and thank goodness failed to win the "cup with the big ears" and long may it continue

In 2006 they hired Fabio Cappello, he again won the title and again was sacked after 1 season

Looking at how they are run if I were a top player I would not run to play for Madrid. Players like Sneijder and Robben get tapped up, chased, signed and spat out of their system on a whim. How ironic that since being kicked out Sneijer has won the treble (including the CL) while Robben can complete the treble today.

I also read AVB is on their short list in case they do get Carlo Ancelotti, but based on the above why would you want to go there. No matter what you win you will probably get the sack anyway.

Last edited:
I remember the way try treated Del Bosque. It's very political that club and the history of being Franco's club steeped in controversy. Selling their training ground to the government a decade ago for £300m to fund the galaticos. However, they are a huge club and probably the biggest, not neccesarily the best club in the world.

They're the biggest club in the world. Not sure if that qualifies as 'all that' or not though

Are they all that? Yes they are, most successful club in Europe and 80,000 seat stadium with plans to make it bigger. Hate to say it they are but I agree with you, truly astonishing when it comes to politics. I knew someone at uni who was friends with Chris Smalling, a few months before Smalling got his big move I found out that this guy was a Real Madrid fan, said his uncle had a box at Real. He told me the politics of the club is a joke and that its like a dictatorship, he put it simply

"It's Perez, if you don't agree with him or meet his stupid expectations then you're out, regardless as to how well you've done".

It's not just Sneijder or Robben it's also Kaka and Robinho, it's about as ruthless as it gets and sometimes its utter bollox. Just look at Ronaldo's first four years at Real, one Copa del Rey and one La Liga title during a time where Real spent £300-400m, maybe even more, whilst also getting booed by the Real fans at times for not doing enough despite 201 goals in 199 appearances!!!! On top of that Beckham was there for four years and won one La Liga title where as his first real four years at Utd after his PNE loan he won two league titles and one F.A. Cup before completing the treble in 99.

Last edited:
Modric isn't getting on too well at Real Madrid. I haven't heard of Kaka in ages now, he was once the worlds best. They're also very impatient, either you get sacked for not bringing immediate sucess or you get fired for bringing success but not playing enough attacking football.

I can understand if Bale leaves but going somewhere more stable like Barcelona would be a better option, if Barca can even afford him that is.

I think Real Madrid's more of a glamour club these days then a serious trophy winning club.

Re: What is it about Real Madrid?

They are crazy to want to sell Di Maria, just check out this amazing combo goal, 8 second counter attack goal

[video=youtube;WIN1iEmjRmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIN1iEmjRmE[/video]

10 european cups is doing alright

Winners in 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960 and 1966
Runners up in 1962 and 1964

Now it's just a vanity project for whoever is president.

Khedira and Di Maria, two of their more valuable players on the pitch, but not enough marketing value. Better get rid.

If they'd had to run the club as a normal business, where bankruptcy is a real thing, they'd be just another former giant in a run down stadium harping on about past glories.

Winners in 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960 and 1966
Runners up in 1962 and 1964

Now it's just a vanity project for whoever is president.

Khedira and Di Maria, two of their more valuable players on the pitch, but not enough marketing value. Better get rid.

If they'd had to run the club as a normal business, where bankruptcy is a real thing, they'd be just another former giant in a run down stadium harping on about past glories.

and???? are you suggesting that those past triumphs dont count/matter just because they were so long ago?? they are part of the glittering history, what makes them the club they are today. 6 of their 10 european cups were between 56 and 66, thats just the way it goes. Look how much Spurs fans and the club still talk about and count on the glory glory era from the 60s under Nicholson. Take away the double, the other cups, the great players from that time and there isnt much to shout about is there.

and???? are you suggesting that those past triumphs dont count/matter just because they were so long ago?? they are part of the glittering history, what makes them the club they are today. 6 of their 10 european cups were between 56 and 66, thats just the way it goes. Look how much Spurs fans and the club still talk about and count on the glory glory era from the 60s under Nicholson. Take away the double, the other cups, the great players from that time and there isnt much to shout about is there.

Four cups in the following 40 years is a better indicator of where they are as their total is very skewed by those early years.

I'm not disagreeing with the general point - IMO Real are a maasive club with probably the world's best players.

But, they did win 6 quick titles before other teams were really taking the competition seriously. They count in the record books, but the achievement is far smaller for each than winning a modern CL title is.

I'm not disagreeing with the general point - IMO Real are a maasive club with probably the world's best players.

But, they did win 6 quick titles before other teams were really taking the competition seriously. They count in the record books, but the achievement is far smaller for each than winning a modern CL title is.

i know what you are saying, but they did have a great team in that first era from 1956 to 1960. Its like the Ajax team of the 70s that won 3 in a row, the Bayern side that won 3 in a row in that decade too, the Liverpool side that won the european cup in the late 70s/early 80s. They were simply sides in those eras that were better than the rest. The winning 1966 Real team were in the same competition as Utd with Best,Law and Charlton, a great Benfica side with Eusebio, a powerful Inter side who had won the comp the previous 2 years. .....................Barca winning 3 titles from 2006 to 2011 of the modern format is because they had the some of the best players and teams of this era. There was a plan, a philosophy/stability like in the olden days. Not many clubs operate like that though in the modern era

CIQMVl6WUAA245C.png

Wage bill supposedly.

Isco is free o_O

If "all that" means racist, fascist fans, terrible decision making when it comes to appointing and firing managers i.e. sacking Ancelotti and bringing in Fatty Interim, having spoilt supporters and players who do not celebrate other teammates' goals then yes, they are all that.

Back