• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Re-assessing our aims for the season

110%. Only one person to blame today. The Poch -up!

Exactly, he picks the team, selects the tactics and makes the substitutions, yet according to some on here Poch is not responsible. It's like going to a restaurant and being served a dreadful meal, yet somehow the chef is not culpable.

Last edited:
Our aims for this season should be lots of goals and entertaining football. No one expects cups or qualification to CL or even EL. Let's just try and get enjoyable football going. To me that means playing Solly and Harry every week. Call it 442 or 4411 but please let's see some attacking play against the lesser teams at home and give us something to warm the ****les again.

I think we should be hoping to stay up and that is our target. I seriously do. We are getting done at home by the **** teams. **** teams that will be scrapping it out. Don't know and actually don't care who we have next but whoever it is is going to be a ****ing hard game, because even the easy games are hard for us now we are that ****.

Exactly, he picks the team, selects the tactics and makes the substitutions, yet according to some on here Poch is to responsible. It's like going to a restaurant and being served a dreadful meal, yet somehow the chef is not culpable.

What if the chef is given sour poor quality ingredients?

I think we should be hoping to stay up and that is our target. I seriously do. We are getting done at home by the **** teams. **** teams that will be scrapping it out. Don't know and actually don't care who we have next but whoever it is is going to be a ****ing hard game, because even the easy games are hard for us now we are that ****.

I hope it does not happen but it reminds me of the start of the Ramos season when he got sacked.

Exactly, he picks the team, selects the tactics and makes the substitutions, yet according to some on here Poch is to responsible. It's like going to a restaurant and being served a dreadful meal, yet somehow the chef is not culpable.

The Chef could have five f*cking Michelin stars, but it won't ultimately matter if he keeps being given a tin of Spam and told to to prepare a five-course meal with it.

Start again/Cleanout??

Should we give up on this year and start again?

Use the rest of the season to play the young and coming in our on ranks.

Let Dier play in the middle for the rest of the season, play Mason/Bentaleb or Stambouli in the middle.

And sell of the ones that don`t cut it / want to bleed for the club!

Kaboom/Jan/Chiriches/Ade/Chadli/Paulinho/Capoue/Dembélé and some more.

I don`t know, just a thought. It seems that the biggest problem is the will and fighting spirit

Really, 11 points at this stage, when do you start to worry?

Spurs outside the top 8 is not acceptable for any significant period of the season.

I don't know tbh but I don't worry this far in to the season.

Then you try to make the best possible dish from those ingredients. You don't insist on sticking with your pre-planned recipe if you haven't got all the stuff you need.

Exactly and the proof of the pudding is in the eating, never mind today's screw up, how are we doing this season?

I'M ACTUALLY WONDERING HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE SEEN TODAYS GAME. i WATCHED IT LIVE HERE IN THE us AND IT GAVE ME GENUINE CAUSE FOR CONCERN

Exactly and the proof of the pudding is in the eating, never mind today's screw up, how are we doing this season?

3 months into a new season, with a new manager, learning a new philosophy and with an average squad, we're joint top of our Europa League group and unbeaten in that competition, as well as into the fourth round of the capital one cup.

Only 43 years including over 20 with a season ticket prior to emigrating , but what does that have to do with anything?

quite a few strange posts from a loyal spurs fan - youve surely seen all this before? id have thought with you being so loyal that you understand that sacking Poch or not backing him is not the answer?

Yep a philosophy I like it that is what we are missing, we seem to under the knee jerk Levy to go from one plan to the other.

I am on record as being a hater of the director of football. But one thing all the fans of it tell me is that a benefit to it is that if you have it and change managers you need not change a load of players because the director of football chooses players that will fit into the coaches system who ever the coach is.

Or why when we have a decent academy did we not bank the Bale money instead of wasting it and use the academy players to sit in the middle of the table.

Try getting Resplendent Quetzal into a post.

Back