• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ray Wilkins

Always seemed to be a good bloke to have a drink with, although his drawn out way of discussing subjects did grate. Hope he pulls through but it does sound bad.

Feel sorry for his family!
But the man was done driving his car 4 times over the limit and this was not the first time.
He's a drunk.

He has been in depression and hooked on valium for some time.

So easy to judge.

I dont find drunk drivers socially acceptable even if the are 'proper gentleman' and on the telly. Just another tinkle head celbrity like Anthony McPartlin. Sorry, he came close to killing someone in Esher.

Last edited:
A 61 year old having a heart attack is now a surprise. It is not so long ago the it was common for men in their 60s.

I saw him on some channel only a week back. Surreal to read that he has died. Too young! Rip.

It doesn't seem like yesterday he was still playing for QPR...

I always liked him as a pundit on Football Italia and he seemed like a good guy. I wanted him to come to us as assistant manager in 2011 when we were apparently speaking to Ancelotti

I'm in shock. Recall watching him at Stamford Bridge in his early days in the mid-late '70s and being mighty impressed. At that time Chelsea were generally in the doldrums whilst we had the likes of Ghod and Ossie.

No longer remember the year, nor the score, just that we beat them and Wilkins was the only player who stood out for them.

He was a player even opposition fans could not help but admire, consummately skilful and always fair.

Very, very sad day.

RIP Ray.

Condolences to his family & friends. As @Daisuk says, surreal really, he was on BT's film about Football Italia the other night. RIP Butch.

Back