• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Wigan

Charlie

Radek Cerny
Friedel - 6 - Saved the shots that he was expected to save. A couple of dangerous passes.
Walker - 7 - Solid throughout.
Kaboul - 7 - Could have blocked a few shots. Threat in the box on corners.
King -7 - Solid. A couple years ago he couldn't be beat on pace. Age and bum knees are showing.
BAE - 4 - Very poor game. Seemed to have lost confidence after 20 minutes in.
Kranjcar - 6 - Good game. A little out of sync with the team. Need match fitness and sharpness.
Parker - 7 - Another typical Scotty solid performance.
Modric - 8 - Solid. beautiful goal and assist.
Bale - 8 - Two goals make up for an otherwise average performance.
VDV - 6
Ade - 6

Livermore - 6 - A few rushed/bad passes
Burt - 5 - Encouraging debut. nice touches and hold-up play. however, did not show much as a scoring threat. He is 19 though and his positioning/run can only improve.
Sandro - 5 - Livermore was more effective at the anchor midfield position. His first game back from injury though.

Last edited:
Modric - 9
Bale - 8
Ade - 6

Whats everyones opinion on Adebayor recently? By no means has he been bad, but really doesn't threaten in front of goal as much as I would have hoped. Really great in helping build up play, but as a striker he's still got to do the business in front of goal right?

Believe he hasn't scored in something like 600+ minutes

Friedel - 6
Walker - 5 Fast runner with no technique and poor in positioning.
Ekotto - 6 Give the man an outstretched hand, for he is isolated to do all the work for himself I tell ye! Walker had Parker, Livermore and Kranjcar helping him out.
King - 6 He's losing it and it's not doing BAE any good :(
Kaboul - 8 Boom boom boom aweyoooiiooo
VdV - 6 Good little display
Livermore - 6,3 He's a much better player than I ever thought he would be.
Parker - 7 'ard
Modric - 8 Zig zag, camels on the floor, from the window to the door, never felt your tits before.
Kranjcar - 6,2 Rusty but promising. I salute you.
Bale - 7/8 Depends on whether or not he was supposed to help out defensively on the left.
Ade - 6 Some good hold up play. Mostly flicks and tricks ending in sticks. Doesn't get many shots away and when he does he misses. Needs to get more lethal, like The Lance.
Burt Lancaster - 6 Nice ball through to Bale.
Sandro - Can't label a beast.

Probert: Not too bad, except he won't show a card unless the victim has chalk markings around his body.

Walker and Ade are worrying me at the moment.

Nice to see Niko putting in a fairly good performance.

Modric awesome.

Ade was pants

Needs to pick up his game - we have 3 very tough fixtures coming up. Hopefully VdV's injury is nothing serious

Friedel - 6

Walker - 6.5
King - 6.5
Kaboul - 7
BAE - 6

Krancjar - 7
Parker - 7
Modric - 8
Bale - 8.5

VDV - 6
Adebayor - 6

Livermore - 6.5
Sandro - 6
Lancaster - 6

Ade has slipped in recent weeks and he must be the weakest striker I have seen, when it comes to heading. In the air he is hopeless. Bale crossed to him and put it on a plate today and he was nowhere near on terget. He also has a tendency to over elaborate. Sometimes I think he is taking the tinkle.

Gary.

Ade was pants

Needs to pick up his game - we have 3 very tough fixtures coming up. Hopefully VdV's injury is nothing serious

What is worrying me, is that if you look at recent league matches, apart from Defoe, none of our strikers have been on target.

Gary.

True - Bale has carried us in many games this season which fine by all means but also leaves us vulenrable to a single outlet

Ade needs to pick his game up urgently if he wants to justify his wages in the summer

Friedel - 6

Walker - 6.5
King - 6.5
Kaboul - 7
BAE - 6

Krancjar - 7
Parker - 7
Modric - 8
Bale - 8.5

VDV - 6
Adebayor - 6

Livermore - 6.5
Sandro - 6
Lancaster - 6

spot on for me, really thought we looked dangerous with Niko and Bale interchanging on the wings and Niko for me is far more dangerous in the final third than Lennon. i would play him all home games when teams sit back and Lennon play when the other team poses a threat coming at us so we can use his pace on counter attacks.

BAE below par but still came out with a couple of assists to his name
Decent performance from Niko considering he hasn't played for a while. Nice to see someone not afraid to shoot for a change.
Modric superb MOTM
Adebayor a performance that Pav would've been proud of, needs to buck up his ideas.

Back