• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Sunderland please

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
Only watched parts of the game so would appreciate your player ratings and verdicts.

From what I did catch Mason was easily our MotM and not just because he got the winner. Last time I saw a performance like that, when forward, intelligent passes were being sprayed all over the park, I was watching Paul Scholes. GrimsbyYid eat your heart out.

Saw a fabulous pull-down, also a delicious little nutmeg in the box from Deli Alli.

Dier continues to impress at DM and Townsend made some telling contributions towards the end, though Sunderland's pressing by that stage seemed to have gone AWOL.

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Alderweireld 6
Vertonghen 7
Davies 6
Dier 7
Mason 7
Alli 6
Son 5
Chadli 4
Kane 5

Townsend 7
Lamela 7
Carroll 6

Lloris - 6

Walker - 6
Alderweireld - 5
Vertonghen - 6
Davies - 6

Dier - 7
Mason - 7
Alli - 6

Son - 5
Chadli - 4
Kane - 4

Subs
Townsend - 7
Lamela - 6
Caroll - 6

Last edited:
Only watched parts of the game so would appreciate your player ratings and verdicts.

From what I did catch Mason was easily our MotM and not just because he got the winner. Last time I saw a performance like that, when forward, intelligent passes were being sprayed all over the park, I was watching Paul Scholes. GrimsbyYid eat your heart out.

Saw a fabulous pull-down, also a delicious little nutmeg in the box from Deli Alli.

Dier continues to impress at DM and Townsend made some telling contributions towards the end, though Sunderland's pressing by that stage seemed to have gone AWOL.

Very close between Dier & Mason for MotM, goal probably edged it for Mason.

Alli, Chadli & Son probably struggled the most out of starting line up to be impactful.

Very good impact from both Lamela & Townsend.

Better result than performance

Lloris: 6 - Unusually shaky, didn't command the defence at all.. When we score a goal and start teetering (let's be honest, it happens far too often) I want to see him screaming at our defenders to concentrate, that's what captains are supposed to do.

Walker: 7 - Pretty solid.
Alderweireld: 6 - His worst performance for us so far, made Defoe look like Aguero at times.
Vertonghen: 7 - Pretty solid.
Davies: 6 - Good going forward, pretty shabby defensively. Some horrible misplaced passed. He's definitely a work in progress.

Dier: 7.5 - Excellent, continues to flourish. Desperate saving tackles and simple effective passing. Keep it up Eric!
Mason: 8.5 - MOTM, clever incisive passing, lung busting runs into the box and a wonderful goal. Hope the injury isn't too bad.
Alli: 7 - Tried hard, perhaps a little too hard at times. He will surely be a future superstar.

Son: 6.5 - Also a victim of trying too hard to impress on his debut. Some excellent set pieces though and nice touches around the box. Will be a player for us.
Chadli: 5.5 - Poor. Just , very very poor. Weak in 50-50's and wasted too many chances by dilly dallying in front of goal. Lift your game please Nacer and cut that fudging man-bun off.
Kane: 6 - Worked hard but was very selfish at times and tried to do too much. Needs to calm down and focus on getting in goal scoring positions, all will come good from there.

Subs
Townsend: 7.5 - Excellent, direct and always a threat. Actually put in dangerous crosses and made PVA look like utter turd.
Lamela 7.5 - Changed the game, created chances, kept it simple. Should play instead of Chadli next time out, IMO.
Carrol: N.a - Not really enough time to judge.

Poch: 8 - Excellent subs, remained calm and patient and will be relieved with the win. Let's kick on from here!

Except for Davies, who I thought was pretty solid I agree with nayen. Wouldn't start lamella wide though in place of chadli. Central with andros and son either side.

Except for Davies, who I thought was pretty solid I agree with nayen. Wouldn't start lamella wide though in place of chadli. Central with andros and son either side.
Townsend should (almost) never start. He plays good for 15 minutes, and after that he's totally ineffective. He got past his man 2-3 times yesterday, but then the defender knew what he was gonna do, and he couldn't get past anymore. When Townsend gets past his defender once, he tries exactly the same over and over again.
If he starts next game and plays a blinder for 90 minutes, I'll happily hold my hands up, but for me he should remain an impact sub.

Lloris - 6 - dodgy distribution, otherwise solid
Walker - 7 - No Brain farts, nothing spectacular
Toby - 5.5 - A couple of dodgy moments
Jan - 7.5 - Really good performance.
Davies - 6.5 - Though the had a good game, a few iffy moments though
Dier - 8 - Fantastic performance
Mason - 8 - Good performance, looked knackered for the first 15 of the second half but then started playing better than ever
Son - 6,5 - Some great moments, reasonable deliveries, some awful deliveries, some really weak on the ball moments
ALli - 7 - Great willing, greta energy, some nice moments of skill
Chadli - 5 - If not invisible, he was spooning it over the bar, some really nice moments of creativity though
Kane - 4 - Worst game I've seen from him in a long time, awful touch, dodgy passing, tries to do too much, air-kick spectacular!!!

Townsend - 7 - Direct, made the right decisions, looked dangerous
Lamela - 7.5 - Battled, fantastic passing, creative play. Would be an 8 if he was on the pitch longer
Carrol - n/a - On too briefly, but he actually looked tidy when he came on

Back