• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Spammers

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
Lloris 7 - never really tested but - as always - quick to come off his line and showed a safe pair of hands throughout

Walker 8 - damn shame he goofed so badly in the dying minutes to let them get one back, but for that he was close on a 9 today. That sweetly-struck goal should have been the icing on the cake to round off an otherwise outstanding all-round display.
Aldereiweld 9 - what a rock he is for us at the back and what a brilliantly-taken header from Eriksen's corner to cap-off a superb performance
Vertonghen 8 - having his Belgian compatriat Aldereiweld alongside him seems to be bringing out the best in Verts game after game
Rose 8 - got completely done over in the first couple of minutes but after that proceeded to lock the Spammers out down their right flank

Dier 8 - along with Dembele completely owned the middle of the park and produced a couple of superb forward passes to open up the Spammers defence
Dembele 9 - breathtaking at times the way the ball stuck to his feet as he so often pranced through a possee of Spammers, his performance today was nothing less than world class - albeit against relatively mediocre opposition

Son 7 - just how good is it to have him back creating havoc in the box for us like he did today! Clearly still very rusty after his long lay-off yet still he managed an excellent assist for Walker's goal. He's only going to get better with game-time and must surely start ahead of Lamela from here on out
Alli 7 - not as dominant as he was for England the other day but still put the hard yards in and supported our attacks skillfully and intelligently, getting an assist for Kane's first. Needlessly got himself booked albeit in a good cause, supporting his team-mate in the clash with the petulant Noble
Eriksen 7 - another who looked some way short of his best today yet still came up with two excellent assists, the first from a superbly -flighted corner for Alderfeiweld's goal

Kane 9 - two very-well taken goals were just reward for consistently winning duels against their CDs and producing several stonking crossfield passes to bring others into play. What a shame he scuffed what should have been his third.

Subs

Mason 7 - unlucky to find only the woodwork from range with the goalie beaten all-ends-up but should really have scored earlier with two shots on target in quick succession shortly after coming on for Alli
Onomah n/a - did well enough coming on for Son after 85 mins
Carroll n/a

Pochettino 10 - got all the selections and all his substitutions spot on today, but more importantly is managing to produce outstanding TEAM performances game after game. Ole!

Son 7 - just how good is it to have him back creating havoc in the box for us like he did today! Clearly still very rusty after his long lay-off yet still he managed an excellent assist for Walker's goal. He's only going to get better with game-time and must surely start ahead of Lamela from here on out
:confused:
Are you having medium term memory issues?

Lamela's the Argentinian kid right? The one that's really good at football. The one that consistently creates goals and is starting to score this season too.

No wonder other fans take the tinkle....
Say what you like, I'd still prefer Son every time. Yes he was a bit rusty today but for me he works every bit as hard as Lamela, has as many tricks in his locker, is that much less likely to yield possession by taking on one too many but the clincher is he's less prone to fudge up chances like Lamela all too often does.

Such a dumb comment to take the thread off course.

It is excellent to have both. Nice to see Son get some minutes and he had some real postive influences on the game.

As for everyone else, just fudging great. Don't see the need for any numbers of whatnot, praise due all round.

Shame about Walker's brainfart at the end, still needs to work on that. Even now I worry when he is on the ball in our own half. That said, he played very well as did the rest of the team.

Lamela deserves to be dropped? This place.... Personally, I'd drop Alli. Give him a rest. Dier dembele, son, written, Lamela behind Kane. Gives us a much stronger bench too.

As for today. I'd agree with the original post. Except rose. Who i thought was our weakest player. Still not seeing what he offers in attack. His crossing is beyond bad, still find him quite weak positionally too. If give him a 6.5

Maybe the question is whether Son should start over Alli.

Or erisken or Dembele... Its competition and it's healthy when things are going well. We have Chadli who will have to work twice as hard to get a sniff now and Njie just to get ahead of Onomah.

Poch will select the best fit for the game and I'm bloody happy with that. Lamella will start against Chelsea in place if Alli assuming he is fit and Alli will the have to fight to get back in... Perfect scenario

Lamela deserves to be dropped? This place.... Personally, I'd drop Alli. Give him a rest. Dier dembele, son, written, Lamela behind Kane. Gives us a much stronger bench too.

As for today. I'd agree with the original post. Except rose. Who i thought was our weakest player. Still not seeing what he offers in attack. His crossing is beyond bad, still find him quite weak positionally too. If give him a 6.5
Alli is suspended next game, so luckily we can have both Lamela AND Son playing vs Chelski. Dier and Dembele central, Lamela Eriksen and Son behind Kane.

Good game, well executed, killed it off (no last minute pressure)

Could easily have been a blow out score if some of the other chances went in.

Poch deserves a lot of credit

Lloris - 7. Not much to do what he did was good.

Rose - 8. Beaten by one good bit of skill, other than that barely put a foot wrong. Kept his head, won nearly every 50-50, good positioning and used the ball well/got forward well (final ball still can do with work though).
Vertonghen - 8. Excelent all match.
Aldereiweld - 9. Bossed the back line, owned their defence, great run and attack of the ball for his goal. Class. Him & Verts as a ball playing CB partnership really WORKS.
Walker - 8.5. Lost .5 for his slight error at the end (didn't harm the result obviously) - other than he didn't put a foot wrong, similar match to Rose, got forward very well and his goal was absolute class. Great technique.

Dier - 8. Powerful as f**k and good usage of the ball. So tactically aware in front of the back 4, love it.
Alli - 7. Maurauded forward nicely, unlucky not to score with his header, makes some mistakes but as someone else pointed out, it's usually trying to do stuff.

Dembele - 9. Beast mode on crack today, West ham's midfielders got ran around in circles for the whole. Crucially I noted Mousa getting his head up nicely and putting some balls in early, previously his biggest weakness, fair play to him (and I guess this is Poch's coaching coming to the fore). He's been one of very best players so far this season, quite something.
Eriksen - 7. Slightly quieter game from Eriksen for me today, still had a good match, occasional cameo appearances. Like how hard he works.
Son - 7. Not quite fully fit yet clearly, some lose touches, but excellent work rate. Nice interplay with Walker to set him up.

Kane - 8.5. First goal was world class IMO. The way he kept his balance as the tackle came in, quickly rearranged his feet, lined up his body and blasted it in - great technique, composure and power. Got another goal and could have had his hat trick, but overall a good day for our top quality striker.

subs

Mason - 7. Unlucky not to score, kept it ticking over
Onomah - 7. Made an impact, nicely stretched the game even more.

Poch - 10. This is a Pochettino team in full effect, his system is humming just like he would want it. I love it - we're a hungry, hard-working, dynamic team that is scoring goals and keeping them out, competitive in every big match and unbeaten in 12 games. BRING ON THE RENT BOYS

Say what you like, I'd still prefer Son every time. Yes he was a bit rusty today but for me he works every bit as hard as Lamela, has as many tricks in his locker, is that much less likely to yield possession by taking on one too many but the clincher is he's less prone to fudge up chances like Lamela all too often does.

Play both. Eriksen is the (relative) weakest link in the AMs at the moment

Play both. Eriksen is the (relative) weakest link in the AMs at the moment

Why is he in your view?

He is scoring and creating (2 assist yesterday). He is winning tackles and not conceding fouls and is maintaining the pressing system we play. He also covers a love of ground.

There all playing at a very high level and showing some consistency and fluidity. It's bloody marvellous to see and it means that the man with the shirt keeps it whilst they play at the right level... If it drops there is someone who will grab their chance.

I personally cannot single out a player for being a weak link at the moment.

Why is he in your view?

He is scoring and creating (2 assist yesterday). He is winning tackles and not conceding fouls and is maintaining the pressing system we play. He also covers a love of ground.

There all playing at a very high level and showing some consistency and fluidity. It's bloody marvellous to see and it means that the man with the shirt keeps it whilst they play at the right level... If it drops there is someone who will grab their chance.

I personally cannot single out a player for being a weak link at the moment.
You cant deny Eriksen's set piece quality, but I must say I am underwhelmed by his performances with the ball. I'd still play him because he has that x factor, whether it be a set piece or a through ball to the likes of Kane. But I do feel he is underperforming overall...

You cant deny Eriksen's set piece quality, but I must say I am underwhelmed by his performances with the ball. I'd still play him because he has that x factor, whether it be a set piece or a through ball to the likes of Kane. But I do feel he is underperforming overall...

The day we have the chance to rest erisken for me is the day we make that next step up because it means w shave players of a genuine top calibre to oust him or cover for him (not Townsend for example)

I have seen him have more influence in games but I also think the reason he isn't standing out is because he is part of the attacking unit and brining others into the game earlier. His link up with Kane too is vital to how we play

Like every player he could do more, there's always room for improvement but I don't see him as a weakness or inferior to anyone at the moment personally

4e7c4811efc638cef5adfc448a63c080.jpg
out of 10.

After Chelsea we have 5 winnable games in December, if we keep playing like we are I can't help but dream we could be sat at the top of the league come new year.

Back