• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Friedel 7 safe hands when called upon
BAE - 8 Controlled the left flank, good off the ball work for the goal
King - 7 What we expect
Dawson - 7 won everything in the air
Walker - 7 got forward well
Bale 7 stretched the game when he had the ball
Modric 8 kept the play ticking and created lots of lovely moves
Parker 7 battled well kept possession well
Kranjcar 7 very silky, kept possession well, well taken goal
Ade - 8 brilliantly timed runs and good determination to make the goals. Good finish
Saha- 8 well taken goals good link up play

Defoe
Nelsen
Lennon

We played very well today. I was behind the goals so it was weird view for me. You cannot really see the passing in midfield. I thought that any team with perch and guthrie in CM we should be destroying and we were ever so comfortable. I'm still not convinced with 4-4-2 against teams that play 4-3-3- though.

Last edited:
Everyone looked world class today. Saudi Sportswashing Machine were quite poor.

Quite? They simply didnt turn up.

Losing Tiote and Cabaye broke them I think, these two are integral to the entire set up.

Ive said a number of times I dont like their style of play, but also always said they are a strong team unit that is well organised and puts in a shift. All of that just left them yesterday, they were uncharacteristically flat and weak.

Whats the deal with Ben Arfa as well? Their most talented attacking player and yet he cannot get a game. Obertan isnt even a footballer and he gets in front of him, then Ferguson is just a kid and Gutierez is moved to the right instead of him coming on...

Friedel - 7
Walker - 8
Dawson - 7
King - 7
Assou-Ekotto - 8
Kranjcar - 8
Parker - 9
Modric - 8
Bale - 7
Adebayor - 9
Saha - 9

Lennon - 7
Defoe - 8
Nelsen 7

Even some of the 7s might be a little harsh...everyone played extremely well yesterday (although some of the players were virtual spectators because their teammates sorted out everything in front of them). That was an outstanding performance.

10's for everybody.

Except the footballing GHod with an 100% pass completion rate.

Nelsen gets 11. :mickey:

Mate, no offense, but really don't know how you could come up with those ratings

Bale had an extremely quiet game, certainly not an 8, if Kranjcar (who scored btw) rated 5, certainly didn't see Kranjcar as anywhere near our worst player.
And while Parker had a good game, he was probably the one guilty of a few stray passes.

Good game by Saha
Special mention to Harry for the starting selection, subs and result, all well done.

Just my opinion :) I try and do these things without paying attention to what others say, and I'l happily admit I dont have the same technical knowledge that others with - I certainly havent played the game to a significant level.

Parker - it was his energy, industry and sheer mileage put in that was a key element of our performance. I dont normally go for these sorts of players whose spirit is their key attribute over their actually ability (never rated Mabbutt as a brilliant CB but loved the guy, equally cant fault Park Ji Sung s attitude but never wil be a regular starter for a title winning side).
Dont know his stats but he is someone who will be high on the NUMBER of passes completed, rather than PERCENTAGE.

Krancjar - I did feel he was our worst player in the sense that he did his job the least well out of any of the players. But I did forget his goal and agree 5 is harsh :)

Bale - thing was, he didnt run at Saudi Sportswashing Machine as much as we know he could but all other elements of his game were very sound and involved. Him and Adebayor were very similar in how they supported Saha at times. Adebayor clearly contributed more in terms of goas/assists but the threat Bale offered yesterday stretched Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Contrast this with the Liverpool game when Bale was the only player who looked likely of doing damage and once he was snuffed out we had nothing.

Also impressed with Adebayor winning everything in the air yesterday and the way he chested so many balls down then layed off, remeniscent of Kanoute

Agree about the starting XI couldnt believe Saha started but the masterplan became evident within 5 mins.

Some of the people on here are so incredibly difficult to please! What I saw at WHL yesterday was a Spurs team dominate an opposition who could have gone 4th if they would have got the 3 points. Why can't we all just bask in the warm glow of a top, top performance from our team for once?

Some of the people on here are so incredibly difficult to please! What I saw at WHL yesterday was a Spurs team dominate an opposition who could have gone 4th if they would have got the 3 points. Why can't we all just bask in the warm glow of a top, top performance from our team for once?[/QUOTE]

I certainly am. Not often we get a game like that where our chances go in on a regular basis. A special mention too for that passage of play just after the break.
We needed to make sure they didnt come out all guns blazing, and biy we didnt, I think there was a passage of play where we made at least 50 passes without them touching the ball, if we could have scored at the end of that it would have been pure quality

although Adebayor has rightly taken the plaudits - i think that was just about as good a team performance as i have seen from us all season.

was worried all the Harry England business would have had a negative effect on the players, turns out it galvanized them - think we'll smash it between now and the end of the season tbh.

could have have easily been 7 or 8

Without doubt Adebayor's best performance in a Spurs shirt and glad he got the goal that his performance deserved. I think he needed a kick up the arse, Saha has provided that.

Modric's touch for the third goal in the buildup was different class! Thought Kranjcar had another good game. Parker excellent again. Typical performance from King! Friedel did well with the saves he made.

It was about time we gave someone a good hiding! Great team performance.

Friedel - 8, excellent save and not sure how he could have scored more than 8 in the face of tepid opposition
Walker - 8, like the 80's when "You'll never beat Des Walker"... but even faster
Dawson - 8.5
King - 9, Majestic
Assou-Ekotto - 9, one slip that didn't cost us in an otherwise excellent performance
Kranjcar - 7.5, solid performance
Parker - 9, nothing shall pass
Modric - 8.5, ball superglued to his feet but could have done better on a couple of occassions
Bale - 7
Adebayor - 9
Saha - 8.5

Lennon - 7
Defoe - 7.5
Nelsen - 6

Brad - 7
Walker - 8
Dawson - 8
King - 8
BAE - 8
Krunchie - 8
Parker - 8.5
Modric - 8
Bale - 7
Ade - 9
Saha - 8.5

Friedel - 7.5
Walker - 7.5
Dawson - 7.5
King - 7.5
BAE - 8
Kranjcar - 8
Modric - 8
Parker - 8
Bale - 7.5
Saha - 8.5
Ade - 8.5

Everyone looked world class today. Saudi Sportswashing Machine were quite poor.

Quite? They simply didnt turn up.

Losing Tiote and Cabaye broke them I think, these two are integral to the entire set up.

Ive said a number of times I dont like their style of play, but also always said they are a strong team unit that is well organised and puts in a shift. All of that just left them yesterday, they were uncharacteristically flat and weak.

Whats the deal with Ben Arfa as well? Their most talented attacking player and yet he cannot get a game. Obertan isnt even a footballer and he gets in front of him, then Ferguson is just a kid and Gutierez is moved to the right instead of him coming on...

Maybe the Geordies were still traumatised from their previous visit to London, when Fulham scored 5 against them last month.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine without Tiote is comparable to Spurs without Parker, probably an even bigger loss as they clearly do not have as strong a squad as ours.

Maybe the Geordies were still traumatised from their previous visit to London, when Fulham scored 5 against them last month.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine without Tiote is comparable to Spurs without Parker, probably an even bigger loss as they clearly do not have as strong a squad as ours.

They scored twice that day and led at half time. On Saturday they were fortunate to get 0.

True indeed and Cabaye is their only real creative force in midfield. It would be like us missing Modric AND Parker my Saudi Sportswashing Machine mate knew they were fooked when saw the team sheet of Perch and Guthrie. It is puzzling how Ben Arfa can't get games even with their current injury problems? He always looks a threat when i have seen him clearly Pardew is not a fan for some reason. Seems like he would fit in perfect in a VDV role behind Ba (well at least before they got Cisse)

Back