• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Friedel 8 Two brilliant saves
Walker 8 This guy gives us something other teams havent with his runs, solid at the back and good passing
King 7 No problem
Dawson 7 Another good game for him.
Assou ekotto 8 His goal looked easy but it wouldnt be for every defender. Apart from that he was fine, yet again
Parker 8 Harsh yellow early on, everywhere again.
Modric 8 Great passing
Bale 7 Always dangerous but not at his best.
Kranjcar 8 Always looks as if he has a goal in him, can pass, and defended a bit also. Good performance.
Saha 9 Thats a finisher
Adebayor 9 We had been waiting for that kind of performance from him. Superb.

Friedel - 8

Walker - 8.5
Dawson - 7.5
King - 8
BAE - 9

Kranjcar - 8
Modric - 8.5
Parker - 8.5
Bale - 7

Saha - 9
Ade - 9.5

Lennon - 7
Defoe - 7.5
Nelsen - N/A

Harry, please don't leave

Friedel - 8. Reads the game so well, a couple of top class saves as well.

Walker - 6.5. I thought he wasn't great today, some shocking deliveries. He is improving defensively, and for the most part he was good today, but he made a few poor decisions and let Coloccini run into a gaping hole late on. In a few years I think he will be a quality player.
Dawson - 8. Very tidy performance from Dawson again today, just shows what he can do with the right partner.
King - 9. Classic Ledley today, read everything so well, handled their strikers brilliantly, was brilliant on the ball as well.
Assou-Ekotto - 9. Good finish under pressure and some truly incredible passing. He completed 7 or 8 very difficult pinpoint passes to set off dangerous attacks.

Kranjcar - 7.5. A bit slow on the ball, should probably have scored another, but a good performance nonetheless, and a very good finish.
Parker - 9. Immense today, he put in a silly amount of tackles and he was brilliant on the ball, held it up when he needed to, played it quick when he needed to and rarely lost possession.
Modric - 8.5. Very good game from Modric, the way he beats players at close range is just incredible and he defended well again today.
Bale - 8. Good game, loved the cheeky lob through to Adebayor.

Adebayor - 9.5. Easily his best performance in a Spurs shirt which takes some doing, that game just shows how important he is to us. Missed a couple of possible goals but other than that a perfect performance, 4 assists and 1 goal in a 5-0 win, incredible.
Saha - 9. So intelligent, his movement is much better than Defoe's and having both him and Ade against an unprotected back 4 caused havoc, those were 2 brilliant finishes as well. Then we take him off and bring Defoe on... our squad is looking very good right now.

Lennon - 7.
Defoe - 7.5.
Nelsen 7.

The match was over when the subs came on but Defoe looked bright, Lennon and Nelsen didn't have too much to do.

Harry - 10. Yiddo!

10 points ahead of 4th with 13 games to play, 5 points behind 1st. COYS!

Ade's performance was one of the best from a Spurs forward I have seen.

Saha and Ade seem to have that telepathic understanding.

Saha - 9. So intelligent, his movement is much better than Defoe's and having both him and Ade against an unprotected back 4 caused havoc, those were 2 brilliant finishes as well. Then we take him off and bring Defoe on... our squad is looking very good right now.

fudge me you guys just can't quit can you?
If they had put Geoff Hurst on you would have said his movement was better than Defoe's

this perpetual accusation which is baseless and without foundation

sad, really sad

Was that the same poorly moving Defoe who came on, and his movement helped create space for 3-4 more chances and should have won him a penalty?

Can we not praise one of our players without slating another?

Was that the same poorly moving Defoe who came on, and his movement helped create space for 3-4 more chances and should have won him a penalty?

Can we not praise one of our players without slating another?

not when you are in the game of perpetuating fallacies and myths, in an effort to substantiate irrational prejudice

Ade was unplayable today, and him and Saha were outstanding. But really it was a complete team performance, and was an outstanding credit to all involved consdering the past few weeks. The movement of Saha, Ade, Bale, Walker, BAE, Modric et al was an absolute pleasure. Beautiful football!

Friedel 7 - not much to do, great save though header was straight at him
Walker 8 - gave us the pace for the right flank
Dawson 7 - solid enough, but needs to learn we no longer need him to try and pass like Hoddle
King 8 - faultless
Benny 8 - goal gives him an extra point :)
Kranjcar 5 - most disappointing player by a mile, poor passing on a number of occasions
Parker 8 - bossed the opposition as usual.
Modric 9 - pulled all the strings. Just fabulous.
Bale 8 - Good solid performance, did enough to distract Saudi Sportswashing Machine from the right
Saha 8 - Good finishes, helluva show for someone supposedly so rusty
Adebayor 8 - Did so many things well, but did waste 3 excellent chances so couldnt justify a 9 or 10

Two bits stuck out for me today, both in the second half and in the left back position. The first was when Benny lost the ball on the half way line and instead of dropping back he chased after it, a bit like a schoolboy game. He ended up way out of position yet Scott Parker just slipped al the way back and held his spot. The other was when we were 5-0 up, game won and Lennon lost the ball in the Everton half, yet chased all the way back and won it back by sheer pace over 40 yards.

Bit generous for Benny but I make it to just one Spurs game a month on average yet I have seen all three of his goals so I'm happy to be a bit biased! Have to say that his control is phenomenal for a full back too.

defoe was excellent when he came on and he set up a couple of great chances for others (from what i remember anyway)

I didn't say Defoe is a bad player, or even that he played badly today... it was meant to be a compliment to Saha comparing him to his peers. A bit like saying Kaboul is much better than Dawson at facing runs in behind, which makes him a more solid option next to King/Gallas. I think Saha is possibly (based on today alone) a better option than Defoe which is a credit to him and Harry as much as it is discrediting to Defoe.

Do you honestly think that based on the game today, saying Saha has better movement than Defoe is a 'fallacy', a 'myth' or involves no rationality and is therefore evidence of some 'prejudice' I have against Defoe? Or could it be that I think in what was coincidentally our highest scoring game of the season, Saha brought better movement and made us more fluid than his replacement Defoe would have done? I suppose I have an agenda against Walker too right?

Defoe came on and was lively, if he had started he probably would have had 1 or 2 goals as well, I just think Saha showed his class today, both in terms of movement and finishing - he was a massive benefit to the team.

Kranjcar 5 - most disappointing player by a mile, poor passing on a number of occasions
Parker 8 - bossed the opposition as usual.
Bale 8 - Good solid performance, did enough to distract Saudi Sportswashing Machine from the right

Mate, no offense, but really don't know how you could come up with those ratings

Bale had an extremely quiet game, certainly not an 8, if Kranjcar (who scored btw) rated 5, certainly didn't see Kranjcar as anywhere near our worst player.
And while Parker had a good game, he was probably the one guilty of a few stray passes.

Good game by Saha
Special mention to Harry for the starting selection, subs and result, all well done.

Ade was unplayable today, and him and Saha were outstanding. But really it was a complete team performance, and was an outstanding credit to all involved consdering the past few weeks. The movement of Saha, Ade, Bale, Walker, BAE, Modric et al was an absolute pleasure. Beautiful football!

Ade: "I'm not here to score goals; I'm here to help my team to win games."
Totally in agreement there. It's like nothing could've gone better for us, we routed them from the start and they were stunned.

I didn't say Defoe is a bad player, or even that he played badly today... it was meant to be a compliment to Saha comparing him to his peers. A bit like saying Kaboul is much better than Dawson at facing runs in behind, which makes him a more solid option next to King/Gallas. I think Saha is possibly (based on today alone) a better option than Defoe which is a credit to him and Harry as much as it is discrediting to Defoe.

Do you honestly think that based on the game today, saying Saha has better movement than Defoe is a 'fallacy', a 'myth' or involves no rationality and is therefore evidence of some 'prejudice' I have against Defoe? Or could it be that I think in what was coincidentally our highest scoring game of the season, Saha brought better movement and made us more fluid than his replacement Defoe would have done? I suppose I have an agenda against Walker too right?

Defoe came on and was lively, if he had started he probably would have had 1 or 2 goals as well, I just think Saha showed his class today, both in terms of movement and finishing - he was a massive benefit to the team.

yes he did

but it was implicit in your comments that he scored because his "movement" is superior to Defoe
a continual pile of balls perpetuated by the -lets bash Defoe phalanx.

I'm just fed up with the continual knocking of the guy, its pathetic

Saha is a good player, when fit. He took his goals well and linked up well with a fired up Ade. His movement was not the reason that his performance was good, much less the need to promote it as being superior to Defoe's.

That said, Defoe would not have scored the first one - certainly not like that.

Back