• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Monaco away

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
Lloris 7 - a series of excellent saves except one parry that might have cost us

Trippier 7 - lacks Walker's pace but showed has a much better cross on him that on another day might have paid dividends
Alderweireld 8 - excellent, lost count of the number of headed clearances he made
Verts 7 - got away with one alarming brainfart, very impressive otherwise
Rose 8 - Spurs' MotM, remained tigerish even after his hand had been crunched underfoot and that fantastic last-ditch tackle in the closing stages probably saved us a valuable point

Dier 7 - another impressive DM performance
Alli 6 - the occasional moment of brilliance but a tad less influential than of late

Lamela 7 - pressed well as always, Johnny on the spot for his goal, but still holds onto the ball too long. Although tbf there has been a definite improvement of late in this respect
Eriksen 4 - one or two quality first-time passes but overall way off the pace tonight, clearly needs more playing time to get back to full match-sharpness. Too many misplaced passes and far too easily brushed aside in possession
Chadli 5 - seems to have lost his edge in front of goal and doesn't do enough otherwise to compensate

Kane 5 - put in a shift as always but it's looking more and more like he's in need of a break

Subs

N'jie 6 - fluffed the one good chance he created for himself after excellent approach work
Townsend 4 - offered nothing
Carroll n/a

Lloris - 5

Trippier - 5
Alderweireld - 7
Vertonghen - 6
Rose - 7

Alli - 7
Dier - 6
Lamela - 7
Eriksen - 5
Chadli - 5
Kane - 5

Lloris 6 - Had a decent game, but could he have done something with the goal?
Trippier 6 - Definately showing signs, especially going forward
Toby 6 - Solid
Jan 5 - Some very sloppy passing. Did well against Traore though
Rose 7 - Great energetic performance. Made some great tackles.
Dier 5 - Looked tired
Alli 7 - What an exciting player!
Lamela 7 - Another very good performance. He was by far our most creative player. Was lucky with the goal, but he was the one who started the attack. His dribbling is finally starting to come off.
Eriksen 6 - Not 100% yet
Chadli 6 - Did ok. Did very well for the goal, but I think our team looks a lot better with Son.
Kane 4 - Disappointing. His lack of goals and the critisism towards him is clearly affecting him. We could really do with an alternative to him at is point, and I don't understand why Njie didn't replace him instead of Lamela.

A good team effort and we ground out a decent result against a difficult team in a strange atmosphere.
Positives,
CB pairing solid again
Rose
Another goal and decent performance from lamella
Clinton looks a real handful
Negatives,
Chadli, don't know the problem is
Eriksen, still to get up to speed, not really showing any signs of it though
No goal for Harry

If you look at the other English results from this week this is one of the better ones, a good draw away from home in what is most likely the most difficult match of the group.

Harry looked knackered last night, though I'm not sure whether he looked knackered because a lot has been written about him being tired as a result of last summer, or whether he actually is tired.

Problem is that it looks like we're without SOn for a few weeks, Poch doesnt seem ready to trust Njie and we obvioulsy left ourselves short from the transfer window. So Harry will have to play more or less every game for the next few weeks and also has the internationals coming up....

Lloris 5
Trippier 6
Toby 7
Jan 6
Rose 7
Dier 5
Alli 7
Lamela 7
Eriksen 4
Chadli 5
Kane 4
N'Jie 6
Townsend 5
Carroll n/a

Why such poor marks for Lloris - have I missed something? Had no real chance to prevent the goal from such close range, no time to react. Made several good stops and his catching from corners and crosses was particularly good. Distribution - for him - was okay too.

Why such poor marks for Lloris - have I missed something? Had no real chance to prevent the goal from such close range, no time to react. Made several good stops and his catching from corners and crosses was particularly good. Distribution - for him - was okay too.

0:44 shows the best angle - you don't think he should've saved that?

Could have done better with the goal, distribution wasn't great and failed to push the ball to the side twice, luckily Vertonghen and Rose paid attention. Vorm got slaughtered for the very same thing against Arsenal. Lloris is a top GK, but this was a poor match from him.

Other than some serious fatigue in the last 20 mins. Monaco plaid much better in last 20 mins

Lloris 7
Trippier 5 Early days
Toby 7
Jan 7
Rose 8
Dier 6
Alli 6
Lamela 7
Eriksen 5 still coming back from injury
Chadli 6
Kane 6 Worked tirelessly
N'Jie 6
Townsend 5

There were a couple of other saves that he should have parried away, but instead was rescued by Rose and Verts. Same as Vorm's that led to the Scum's first goal, but Vorm's didn't get cleared. Overall I think he had a sub par game. It happens to the best of them, though.

A good team effort and we ground out a decent result against a difficult team in a strange atmosphere.
Positives,
CB pairing solid again
Rose
Another goal and decent performance from lamella
Clinton looks a real handful
Negatives,
Chadli, don't know the problem is
Eriksen, still to get up to speed, not really showing any signs of it though
No goal for Harry

If you look at the other English results from this week this is one of the better ones, a good draw away from home in what is most likely the most difficult match of the group.
He holds the ball too long and gets closed down, instead of releasing it more quickly. He needs to lift his head a little more, methinks, and look for a teammate first before running into no-man's land.

Well it was a firm header from just six yards out that went close to and under his body, how the heck does he have time to shape himself to get something on it? He has to be plain lucky if you ask me.

Think about how much time you have to react driving a car at 60mph when something comes at you from like a bolt from just six yards.

I sometimes think fans expect goalies to be superhuman. They can do some amazing stuff but they cannot defy the laws of science.

Think about how much time you have to react driving a car at 60mph when something comes at you from like a bolt from just six yards.

I sometimes think fans expect goalies to be superhuman. They can do some amazing stuff but they cannot defy the laws of science.

He doesn't need to react, the ball was going to hit his right foot but he ended up swinging(and missing). Hugo's a great keeper but I'd be expecting Kane to save that one let alone one of the best keepers in the league.

He doesn't need to react, the ball was going to hit his right foot but he ended up swinging(and missing). Hugo's a great keeper but I'd be expecting Kane to save that one let alone one of the best keepers in the league.

Yes but the point being the header could've gone left/right or as it happened centrally straight at him, from only 6 yards to react and make a save is nigh on impossible and purely down to luck whether he keeps the ball out IMO. As for the ratings I'd give 6's to most, 5 to Kane and Eriksen, 7's to Lamela, Alderweirald and Rose. In regards to Rose, had another good game but if I had to be critical he could easily have conceded 2 penalties (the ankle tap on their no.10 and the handball on the edge of the area.) Another side note regarding Trippier, looked good in the air and has a decent cross on him but seems very slow hopefully just a lack of match fitness.

Back