• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Man U

Friedel 6.5 Nothing to do other than pick the ball up 3 times.
Walker 6
King 7
Kaboul 7
Ekotto 8
Lennon 8.5
Sandro 7
Livermore 8
Modric 7
Saha 6
Adebayor 6

Defoe 6.5
Kranjcar 6
Rose N/A

People are having a go at Harry, but we just dominated Man United despite missing 3 of our best players in Bale, Parker and VDV. We had 57% possession, 18 shots compared to 6, and 7 corners compared to 3 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17175777).

Whenever we lose people ALWAYS say what the manager should have done instead, but a) Overall we dominated today's game, and b) it's impossible to say whether or not we would have fared better if Harry had done things differently. If Luka had played in the middle and Niko on the left, we might have fared worse. Yes Modric is at his best in the middle, but Sandro and Livermore were both excellent today and helped us to boss the game.

Don't be too influenced by the score - we were the much better team today for most of the 90 minutes.

=D>

Sounds ridiculous to say but we could have easy won that by a couple of goals ourselves, we've played much worse and won comfortably this season. Just need to concentrate and tighten up more at the back.

You need a bit of luck whatever you do,ÔÇØ Redknapp said. ÔÇ£They are a great side and today we didnÔÇÖt have it.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖve been in games where IÔÇÖve come away and thought how have we won that game and IÔÇÖm sure Alex must think the same tonight. IÔÇÖve never seen him up off the bench as much as he was today because things werenÔÇÖt going right for him.
ÔÇ£We were dominating them but in the end we came away with nothing. We played well today but we made two basic errors for the first two goals and they cost us the game and we have to improve on that.
ÔÇ£We have to mark better from a corner and we canÔÇÖt switch off from a throw in, the rest of the play against a team which are the best in the country, I thought we were outstanding and I was delighted with the performance of the players today.
ÔÇ£There was an absolute sense of disbelief on the bench. I couldnÔÇÖt believe we were finding ourselves two and then three goals down. If they are battering you then that is fine but that wasnÔÇÖt the case, we were the better team today.ÔÇØ

great comments and I agree 100%, hopefully he keeps the confifdence up and we react the same way the last time we lost on the bounce to 2 top clubs, i.e. winning streak which is totally possible. The worst is over now, lets flat track bully our way to 3rd and sort our results out against the top sides next season.

Oh and fa cup we should be hot favourites for. chin up people.

This. Walker gets the blame but where were our central defenders? They should be marking Rooney.

They had Jones, Ferdinand and Evans, as far as I could see our centre backs and Livermore dealt with those 3 and Sandro dealt with Welbeck.

Obviously the way it should be. To use a centre back to mark one of their shortest players makes no sense unless you live in a world where you can see the future or travel in time.

I don't think players organise themselves for corners, I'm sure the pre match discussions will have had Walker marking Rooney.

Friedel 5
Walker 5 - ankle injury still an issue I think
Kaboul 6
King 5 - sorry boss but you're the leader at the back and all three goals could have been defended better
BAE 8 - excellent today and had responsibility for the left flank alone at times
Sandro 7
Livermore 7
Lennon 7.5 - brilliant in all but the final ball
Adebayor 7
Saha 4
------
Nico 4 - no use when chasing a game
Rose 6
Defoe 8 - did his job but thrown on too late, came on with the attitude needed like Dawson last week

Friedel - 5

Walker - 2
King - 5
Kaboul - 5
BAE - 4

Lennon - 7
Livermore - 6.5
Sandro - 6
Modric - 6

Saha - 3
Ade - 3

Some of your posts are absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, go back over some of them in the cold light of day and ask yourself if you can really stand by what your posting.

As for my thoughts: some poor individual lapses exploited by some clinical finishing. We need to get tougher to truly break top3 but that comes with experience and learning from mistakes. But I was pleased with how BAE played, especially after a tough few games.

Last edited:
I thought Livermore was very very good. He is actually a fairly elegant player. He isnt Parker where he just runs in full force, but he isnt Huddlestone cos he doesnt have his range of passing.

Livermore is our Fletcher. I like that.

Friedel - 6

Walker - 5
Kaboul - 6
King - 6.5
BAE - 7.5

Lennon - 8
Livermore - 7.5
Sandro - 7
Modric - 7

Ade - 4
Saha - 5

I thought Livermore was very very good. He is actually a fairly elegant player. He isnt Parker where he just runs in full force, but he isnt Huddlestone cos he doesnt have his range of passing.

Livermore is our Fletcher. I like that.

That's exactly what I called him today. And I hope he sticks around for as long as Fletcher has at United. He won't play every game but he will play and he will be a very important squad member

Friedel 6
Walker 5
Kaboul 5
King 6
Assou-Ekotto 7
Lennon 7
Livermore 7
Sandro 6
Modrić 6
Adebayor 5
Saha 5

Rose 6
Kranjčar 5
Defoe 6

Brad - 6

Walker - 5
Kaboul 6.5
King - 6
BAE - 6

Lennon - 7
Sandro - 7
Livermore - 7
Modric - 6

Ade - 5
Saha - 5

Defoe - 7

Friedel - 6
Walker - 5
Kaboul 6
King - 6
BAE - 7 - Some good forward runs, decent free-kick which narrowly went over.
Lennon - 7 - Some good surging runs but final ball was not great.
Sandro - 6.5
Livermore - 6.5
Modric - 6 - Wasted on the left, poor set-pieces.
Ade - 5
Saha - 5

Defoe - 7

It irritates me how poor we are at dealing with throw ins (both our throws and opposition throws). Our players tend to fall asleep and fail to make themselves available. Not sure if it's something that can easily be worked on in training, but we really have to improve this aspect of our play.

It's just lazy / switching off. Modric obviously should have done better, his only defence is that playing CM he wouldn't normally find himself in that position defending a throw so wasn't used to the movement / things to watch out for. Having said that it's still school boy stuff and as a pro footballer you should be concentrating at all times.

Our defending of set pieces in general is really poor, I genuinely fear conceeding from any set piece and that's not just paranoia.

Brad - 7 - Maybe could have prevented the corner, but other than that not much wrong

Walker - 6 - Should have attacked more, when Lennon was on, after Krunchie was introduced he didn't have any cover when going forward. At fault for Rooney goal, but he is young and is going to make mistakes, think he'll learn from it.
Kaboul - 6 - Decent, him a King should have done better for Young's second
King - 6 - See above
Benny - 6 - Great in the first half, dropped off in second

Lennon - 8 - Best game for a while
Livermore - 8 - Very good, not afraid and composed throughout
Sandro - 7 - Getting back to match fitness
Modric - 7 - Not influential enough, maybe because of his starting position?

Adebayor - 4 - Awful, apart from teh Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, hasnlt ahd a decent game in a very long time.
Saha - 5 - Not great, but some lively touches in the fiust half.

Defoe - 7 - Did well when he came on considering the rest of the team had given up by then.
Kranjcar - 5 - Slower than me! Not the best option to bring on, what was Harry thinking??
Rose - 7 - Did well when he came on.

Think yesterday really showed that we are missing a top, top goalscorer. We do not kill teams off when dominating, you just ahve to look at the goalscoring charts to see why we need a top striker. Please let us sign someone in the summer, and bin-off Ade, he's decent but not worth the ?ú100k per week.

It's just lazy / switching off. Modric obviously should have done better, his only defence is that playing CM he wouldn't normally find himself in that position defending a throw so wasn't used to the movement / things to watch out for. Having said that it's still school boy stuff and as a pro footballer you should be concentrating at all times.

Our defending of set pieces in general is really poor, I genuinely fear conceeding from any set piece and that's not just paranoia.

Are you seriously saying that a professional footballer who is payed upwards of ?ú50,000 a week and has played a minimum of one game a week from they were about 11 years old wouldn't know what to look for when defending a throw in just because they were playing in a different position??? I think not, he switched off.

Harry's right, we were the better team but it was three seperate cases of terrible defending that cost us the game.

Back