• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Chelsea

With regards Modric and

What is it you want him to do?

I think some people just don't like the fact he's a bit effeminate looking. They want a player to look hard and shout in someone's face or something.

Else that or they're tied to the traditional English model of midfield partnership of the hard tackling hatchet man(David Batty or Nicky Butt) and the goal scoring midfielder(Frank Lampard or Jamie Redknapp). Modric doesn't fit in to this model.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a great seat, never felt so disapointed over a game.

Cudicini - 5. Should have done better with the free kick, also maybe the first goal.
Walker - 4. Poor. totally brain dead, terrible defensively.
Gallas - 6, done ok manful performance
King - 6. Same as Gallas
BAE - 3. fudging awful, lazy little bugger as well.

Lennon - 6. We do not get him involved enough.
Parker - 8. Very good, he WANTED to win.
Modric - 4. He decorates a game but does not influence it, we really should be thinking about selling him at the money being offered.
Bale - 6. Never stopped running, defensively never helped the clown behind him much.
VdV - 5. Aimlessly ran around (slowly).
Adebayor - 5. No lack of effort but nothing stuck too him also total lack of support, had more help in the second half.

We need two fullbacks a first choice CB and a forward, both fullbacks are costing us dearly.
When that scumbag scored the free kick it broke my heart, nobody has mentioned he also tried to "do" Parker with one of his famous cowardly from the back on the floor tackles, I fudging detest Lampard.

Cudicini -5- Some good saves but shouldÔÇÖve had near post covered for DrogbaÔÇÖ goal imo, got wrong footed by LampardÔÇÖ and his distribution was wayward. Reminded me of Ian Walker!
Walker -4- Ran around a lot but showed poor positional sense playing Chelsea attackers onside when rest of back 4 had pushed up.
King ÔÇô 5- A decent performance but still a pale shadow of the player he has been over the past decade.
Gallas ÔÇô 5- Decent shift but no match physically for Drogba.
Benny -5- No longer linking up with Bale as well as he was earlier in the season.
Lennon -5- A couple of decent runs but mostly down the left when he had to cut back inside into congestion.
Parker -7- Worked tirelessly throughout, if only he could shoot as made some good surging runs.
Modric -5- No longer passing the ball with the fluency and range he once did.
Bale -6- A couple of good runs and found himself in right place to tap home but otherwise disappointing.
VdV -5- Decent first half but clearly not fit enough to play 90mins at Wembley.
Ade -5- Too often drifted out wide when we needed a target in the box but did at least set-up BaleÔÇÖs consolation.

Cudicini 4 Stood at the same side of the goal that Lampard's free kick went in at, but still couldn't save it! Dreadful!

Walker 4 Abysmal crossing!
King 5 Doesn't have the legs anymore. Shouldn't be automatic 1st choice.
Gallas 5 Terrible defending for at least one of the goals. I honestly can't remember all of the goals and don't wanna see them again!
Ekotto 4 No comment

Lennon 6 Looked threatening at times
Parker 7 Good pass for our goal! Him, Nelsen, VDV and Dawson are the players who look they give a fudge sometimes!
Modric 5 Not good enough.
Bale 5 Another poor performance in a big game.

VDV 6 Unlucky with the cross that hit the post.
Adebayor 5 I wouldn't spend more than about ?ú12m on him.

Back